Vinyan Reviews

• May 22, 2018

Very interesting in a weird sort of way. Marriages frequently fall apart when a child dies and it is truly a long dark journey through grief and guilt that tears people apart. But what makes this film extraordinary is the setting and great cinematography, plus good performances.

• Jun 03, 2017

0.5/5. Vinyan has some neat cinematography, but the movie is boring A F.

0.5/5. Vinyan has some neat cinematography, but the movie is boring A F.

• Feb 16, 2016

Ooo this genre is often so blah (searching for a missing child in a foreign place) but I actually like this one. It has a lot of beautiful imagery and a lot of blurring realities. Didn't really feel very much for anyone involved though.

• Sep 06, 2014

High expectations, huge disappointment. The acting was great, the story was boring as hell. Advertised as terrifying - real life situaton scary, not Horror scary

• Sep 01, 2014

wow.....ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is such a really really creepy movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that Ampon Pankratok, Petch Osathanugrah, Julie Dreyfus, Rufus Sewell, Emmanuelle Béart, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this drama/art house/international/horror/thriller movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTINING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....man this movie is so so so so creepy, it is such a really creepy movie 2 watch, but it is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch...... The film first appeared in North America at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it premiered on 5 September 2008. man this is a really spooky movie 2 watch, its got a good cast throguhout this movie.....man this is such a really freaky movie 2 watch...... The film was du Welz's second as a director. The film premiered at the Venice Film Festival on 30 August 2008. Reviews towards the film were slightly positive, receiving an aggregated score of 56% from Rotten Tomatoes. its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......man this is such a really really creepy movie 2 watch.....its got a good cast throughout this movie, man this is such a creepy movie 2 watch......its got a really really sad ending of this movie, but man this movie is so so so so so creepy it is such a really creepy movie 2 watch....it is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch, it is such a really really sad movie 2 watch but it is such a creepy movie 2 watch, its got a good cast throughout this movie.....it is such a really creepy movie 2 watch it is so so so so so creepy movie to watch, it is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch but it is such a good movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie......

• Mar 08, 2014

Stylish, disturbing, creepy... this movie is all about the atmosphere, and it fully delivers in this regard. Not a horror movie despite being marketed as such, and regretfully getting low ratings thanks to the popcorn-horror fans that should not be watching it in the first place.

• Sep 14, 2013

The worst shitty movie I ever had seen.

The worst shitty movie I ever had seen.

• Jul 23, 2013

I have no idea how this one ended up on 'The List' but I have a vague recollection of an interview with Rufus Sewell where he waxed all lyrical about it. I guess that must be it - Note to self; don't listen to actors talking about their films; they have been known to lie. It has gained the lowest score I've given in a long time and so I guess that tells you all you need to know about it. For those that are still with me, I will tell you just why I gave it such a low score after this extremely brief summary. Aid workers Jeanne (Emmanuelle Béart) and Paul Bellmer (Rufus Sewell) are working in Thailand having lost their son in a tsunami six months previously. By chance they see some footage of children in Burma (now called Myanmar), when Jeanne sees a boy who she thinks is their lost son, Joshua. Overcome with emotion she immediately sets off to find someone who will take her to Burma. Realising just how passionate she is, Paul eventually agrees to come along. The film plots their journey into the hostile jungles and what they find there. For this film to even have a chance of working, the audience has to have some kind of connection with our grieving couple. Unfortunately we are never allowed to really get to understand their plight as we are whisked off to the jungle very quickly. Yes, there is some flashback stuff, but by then I was just beyond caring. She was clearly nuts and he just wanted to go home. I can't even say I liked the performances; I guess they were good, but because I really couldn't engage with the characters, I found it all far too 'arty' for my taste. Definitely not one that will get any repeat viewings from me and sadly not one I can recommend. SteelMonster's verdict: NOT RECOMMENDED My score: 3.2/10. There are extra bits & pieces (photos, links, trailer and BIGGER PRINT) on my blog at: http://thoughtsofasteelmonster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/film-review-vinyan-2008.html Enjoy!... :)

• Jun 29, 2013

Aimlessly wonders through Burma's landscape! 29/6/2013

Aimlessly wonders through Burma's landscape! 29/6/2013

• Jun 18, 2013

Too art for me and not scary, don't really get it or understand it.

Too art for me and not scary, don't really get it or understand it.