Splinterheads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Splinterheads Reviews

March 28, 2016
Couldn't get into this.
August 18, 2015
Enjoyable in its dorkiness, but not enough to make it stand out from the similar themed movie "Adventureland".
October 8, 2014
Cute movie! Galaxy is adorablez.
September 23, 2013
Max on #Netflix found this one for us to watch tonight. Actually wasn't a bad movie. Check it out.
½ May 22, 2013
"What are you diong drinking with carny folk?"-Justin Frost (Thomas Middleditch)
The kid is beyond dorky, making the blossoming relatationship with Galaxy harder to accept (he would have been great in HOT ROD). The last ten minutes go off the deep end, in RAISING ARIZONA fashion.
"Oh Susan, I've spent the last year waiting to die. Now, all of a sudden, I'm given an award for living!"-Albert Hale (Edmund Lyndeck)
May 15, 2013
I didn't hate it, but I feel like it was a very watered down version of Adventureland, but on the bright side it talks about GEOCACHING!!!!
½ February 26, 2013
Brutal. Couldn't go more than ten minutes before fast forwarding and that is a button I would never press during a movie. After which I couldn't stand anymore. They cast the worst main character. But, it's an independent film and maybe dude was typecast for it.
½ February 1, 2013
Not as funny as one might have hoped. Severe let-down.
January 8, 2013
Comedy romance. I liked it.
½ December 16, 2012
it was a nice movie to just watch. didn't have to pay attention to know what was going on and i laughed a couple times.
½ August 21, 2012
Sloppy, but kind of funny. Apparently the drought has extended into Netflix.
½ July 1, 2012
Pretty funny and endearing. Justin kind of reminds me of myself in some intervals.
June 28, 2012
"Splinterheads" is a lighthearted comedy that follows the dull life of a dorky landscaper. He is an expert at karate moves, which appears as a bad flaw, and he is a bit socially awkward. He runs into the girl of his dreams, Galaxy, at a local carnival in town. After a few times of running into her, he quickly falls in love with her, but he encounters a lot of problems along the way, specifically her boss, who she has a rocky-relationship with. The movie is fun to watch, and even though there are a few slow parts, you still look forward to seeing the rest, so you don't really want to turn it off. It's really funny and entertaining, and definitely a good watch if you're bored!
June 24, 2012
It started out slow and a bit awkward. I was wondering if I had made a bad decision, but the quirkier characters and story grew on me as the story progressed.
May 31, 2012
Not terrible, but predictable.
May 31, 2012
More fun than it ought to have been. Perfect Saturday afternoon, cable tv movie.
½ April 25, 2012
The last thing I like to do is over-hype a movie for people but I'm going to just come out with it and say that I think Splinterheads is one of the funniest movies i've seen all year. It easily ranks in the top 10 at least. The poster gives the impression of a romantic comedy but don't let that fool you. The movie centres around an awkward loser of a guy who has absolutely nothing going for him in... life. A travelling circus comes to town and the Splinterheads (carnie-folk) begin to cross his path, in particular an audacious blonde chick played by Rachel Taylor. And even after that description I promise that it's still not the romantic comedy it might appear to be. You could compare it to movies like Napoleon Dynamite, Youth In Revolt and a touch of Harold And Kumar. The lead actor is hilarious and his fat Asian best friend has some champagne moments (the delicious sandwich had me in stitches). At the start of her career Rachel Taylor never impressed me but over the past couple of years I am really starting to think highly of her. With films like Summer Coda and Red Dog adding to her credits, she's coming across as a calculated and intelligent actress. I am really keen to hear some more thoughts about Splinterheads... it has flown under all of the radars and really should be elevated!
½ March 30, 2012
It badly wants to head in the right direction, but the acting is far too weak to carry it there.
March 4, 2012
I am going to pass on this.
½ January 24, 2012
It wasn't the most original or the best but it was alright I guess.