Extract - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Extract Reviews

½ April 3, 2016
If I had to describe this movie with a flavor, it would be vanilla. This movie doesn't really stick out. OK, maybe Ben Affleck's hair. For reals, it's terrible. Jason Bateman is my favorite actor, but he mailed this one in.
½ February 2, 2016
I would have given it the full 5 stars but I gave it 4.5 because it was going on the path of romantic, and I really wanted more actual romance in the movie... other than that, it was hilarious, excellent acting! Love Mila Kunis &
Jason Bateman!
½ January 26, 2016
Mike Judge is always funny to me, especially with a cast like Bateman, Kunis, Affleck, Wiig, Simmons, Simmons, and Koechner. There's kinda some shitty smoke effects when their hitting the bong but if you ask me it's part of the humor. It's not a huge laugh out loud comedy but it's got a good interesting story and it tells a sub plot about the real feelings of people.
November 28, 2015
I love Jason Bateman as an actor, and while his performance is solid, I am not a big fan of Mike Judge's work. His comedy films in my opinion are love/hate. The humor is very unrealistic, and extreme, and honestly even knowing its a comedy, I do find it too funny. The cast was good, and some of the more well known actors like Mila Kunis, deliver some pretty funny one liners.
Bateman plays the owner of an extract company that makes flavoring. When an accident at the job sends a lawsuit his way, his life starts to fall apart in more ways than one. Again the movie just wasn't complete to me. It had to many silly random moments that didn't seem to fit the plot together. A more of a jumbled mess in my opinion.
½ November 22, 2015
Fun to watch with a simple story. I liked the comedy it was well balanced
November 17, 2015
I heart Jason Bateman.
October 7, 2015
The comedy is only ever simmering, but it's a strong story around this so it never has to be at belly-laugh level to please.
½ August 27, 2015
I have to agree, this was much funnier than I thought it would be.
½ August 26, 2015
Funny but forgettable.
July 24, 2015
I'm very excited for this movie.
July 10, 2015
A mike Judge film is what it says it is. This is no different. Jason Bateman plays his usual character and good see Mila Kunis is a kick axx role. Its set in a factory and its about a man who has an accident and a chancer who enters his life.
½ July 4, 2015
Extract is a qurky comedy that has a hard time reaching its potential due to it's awfully slow pace.
½ June 24, 2015
I'll watch Jason Bateman in anything
½ May 21, 2015
Very funny dilemnas revolving around a job!
April 25, 2015
Great comedy full with smart wits, great characters, deserves 5 stars, especially when compared to other comedies that are produced. Extra kudos for referneces to the metal scene. Mike Judge never disappoints.
April 12, 2015
A dearth of jokes; bland, low-energy direction; a mundane plot that doesn't really communicate its stakes very well. These are all the elements of a boring movie, and Extract is definitely that. It's probably down to the cast that it isn't a total snoozefest, though even they struggle to inject some energy into the production. (Affleck gets an "and" credit, but he's in what seems like 75% of the movie, it's really strange.) The stuff in the factory is good, but I guess Judge didn't want to do another workplace comedy so those scenes end up being largely incidental.
½ April 10, 2015
I liked all the characters, it just wasn't that funny. Most of my laughs came from the Mary character constantly gossiping and accusing Hector of stealing. I think there is supposed to be some sort of character turn from Mila Kunis at the end, but truthfully she isn't in the movie all that much so the ending felt a bit forced and unlikely. This would be a soft recommendation, and I would warn those expecting something like Office Space.
March 31, 2015
It is occasionally funny, the cast is likable (Ben Affleck as a hippie-looking bartender is the best thing), and the movie works well as a satire. But overall, Extract is forgettable and not as funny as it could've been.
March 1, 2015
Mike Judge and a great cast have me high expectations, but was kind of dull. I don't think I laughed out loud once. Chuckle funny, if that.