Extract - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Extract Reviews

October 16, 2016
Uninspired storytelling is propped up by a cast that's very enjoyable to watch.
½ October 1, 2016
I'll admit to being biased but I really enjoyed this simple comedy even if it was missing some of the satire that made Office Space and Idiocracy so fun.
½ August 26, 2016
Zero stars. RUBBISH. A selfish, arrogant asshole (Jason Bateman) acts like an asshole and still gets everything he wants in the end. While said asshole treats his wife and other women who come into his life like sex vending machines, and his workers like useless dogs, the audience is expected to find his misadventures amusing and hope for the best. This "comedy" was so classist and sexist it made me want to vomit. If It were possible to give it minus stars I would.
August 8, 2016
Decent. Some funny moments
August 7, 2016
The third live-action film from Mike Judge (following "Office Space" and "Idiocracy") is certainly not his best film, but it still has elements of his humor that shine through. I think the issue is that while a lot of little elements to the film work on their own, the collective whole is a bit muddled. Some bits are very funny, others just feel like pointless tangents or filler. Bateman is well cast as the lead, but the Mila Kunis storyline seems to lack something in the end. All in all, I think his first two efforts were stronger concepts, which may be why the end products came out better than this one did...but it still has moments that are still fairly funny.
½ April 3, 2016
If I had to describe this movie with a flavor, it would be vanilla. This movie doesn't really stick out. OK, maybe Ben Affleck's hair. For reals, it's terrible. Jason Bateman is my favorite actor, but he mailed this one in.
½ February 2, 2016
I would have given it the full 5 stars but I gave it 4.5 because it was going on the path of romantic, and I really wanted more actual romance in the movie... other than that, it was hilarious, excellent acting! Love Mila Kunis &
Jason Bateman!
½ January 26, 2016
Mike Judge is always funny to me, especially with a cast like Bateman, Kunis, Affleck, Wiig, Simmons, Simmons, and Koechner. There's kinda some shitty smoke effects when their hitting the bong but if you ask me it's part of the humor. It's not a huge laugh out loud comedy but it's got a good interesting story and it tells a sub plot about the real feelings of people.
November 28, 2015
I love Jason Bateman as an actor, and while his performance is solid, I am not a big fan of Mike Judge's work. His comedy films in my opinion are love/hate. The humor is very unrealistic, and extreme, and honestly even knowing its a comedy, I do find it too funny. The cast was good, and some of the more well known actors like Mila Kunis, deliver some pretty funny one liners.
Bateman plays the owner of an extract company that makes flavoring. When an accident at the job sends a lawsuit his way, his life starts to fall apart in more ways than one. Again the movie just wasn't complete to me. It had to many silly random moments that didn't seem to fit the plot together. A more of a jumbled mess in my opinion.
½ November 22, 2015
Fun to watch with a simple story. I liked the comedy it was well balanced
November 17, 2015
I heart Jason Bateman.
October 7, 2015
The comedy is only ever simmering, but it's a strong story around this so it never has to be at belly-laugh level to please.
½ August 27, 2015
I have to agree, this was much funnier than I thought it would be.
½ August 26, 2015
Funny but forgettable.
July 24, 2015
I'm very excited for this movie.
July 10, 2015
A mike Judge film is what it says it is. This is no different. Jason Bateman plays his usual character and good see Mila Kunis is a kick axx role. Its set in a factory and its about a man who has an accident and a chancer who enters his life.
½ July 4, 2015
Extract is a qurky comedy that has a hard time reaching its potential due to it's awfully slow pace.
½ June 24, 2015
I'll watch Jason Bateman in anything
½ May 21, 2015
Very funny dilemnas revolving around a job!