The Debt Reviews

• Mar 26, 2020

Very well done I thought .

Very well done I thought .

• Nov 18, 2019

Mirren and Chastain are great.

Mirren and Chastain are great.

• Oct 01, 2019

I love Helen Mirren. She is not only a good actress but she chooses her movies. Thanks for being in a good movie. I like the discourse and reflection. Choice between truth and protection of false reputation etc. It also involves history.

• Jul 23, 2019

Well written and great acting. The story is excellent and the characters believable.

• Apr 08, 2019

The plot and concept are enough to keep you interested, too bad the story never will. Directing: sold. Script: nice. Tone: perfect. What's the problem? Its boring and it stretches the liar reveal cliche to the absolute limit. Also the elapsing between the young and old main characters is completely messy. For a thriller with great intensity, it couldn't have been anymore dull that what we got. Very forgettable.

• Feb 10, 2019

This movie is an emotionally driven, utterly pointless tale of mission failed, lies told, senseless loss and zero satisfaction zero meaning zero reason to watch - an utter failure.

• Aug 27, 2018

This film was a bit hard to follow for me the first time I looked at it. I am SO GLAD I gave it another try. Like a good book, sometimes you have to get into the rhythm or cant of a film before it flows smoothly. Once it has taken hold, you can't stop watching. I have a great sympathy for Holocaust victims-the lengths to which this film goes to execute the premise are truly moving and suspenseful. Challenge yourself and find a dark, romantic, suspenseful thriller.

• Jun 25, 2018

When we see what place that frees us is the truth when we past places holds us back to correct in moving us forward.

• Jun 18, 2018

In what had the potential to be a gripping thriller, The Debt takes way too long to get to its interesting plot twist, which turns out to be poorly overwritten, pathetically directed and mind-numbingly paced, even stellar acting pedigree cannot save this immensely bad film.

• Jan 17, 2018

Is more important the Truth or the Country?

Is more important the Truth or the Country?