The Skeptic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Skeptic Reviews

½ June 25, 2011
Boring, meaningless, and terrible. Too much of talking and nothing happens. Just one thing that is I like. The depth of story telling, but it still too much of talking. The ending was horrible.
½ June 19, 2011
You could find more depth and intelligence in your average Petri dish than in this script. There were several moments that gave me the heebie-jeebies, but even those were mundane.
½ June 18, 2011
Damn... 8% really? I thought the movie was great! I could relate with the main character and it was fun to see him break down through out the film. Not to mention there is a scene that nearly gave me a fracking heart attack... trust me, if you watch it you will know the one Lol
½ June 6, 2011
This movie was soooo done before. The acting was uneven, the plot transparent and the characters unlikable. Blah...
May 26, 2011
im down for anything that might gimme a scare or thrill :)
½ May 1, 2011
I appreciated this movie for its simplicity. Making things creepy seemingly without effort or budget, and relying on quite decent acting, that's definitely how I like this kind of stuff. Indeed the story sounded familiar, but who cares.
½ April 27, 2011
Not the best, but it is still worth a watch.
April 12, 2011
Tom Arnold had no reason to be in this film. I enjoyed every thing else.
February 21, 2011
Kjære vene så skremt jeg har blitt med alderen. Fikk tårevåte øyne flere ganger i filmen. Tror nok ikke filmen er så bra, bare meg som levde meg inn i den.
February 2, 2011
As far as atmophere and spookiness goes, this movie is a winner. The plot is interesting. The end? WTFH? It's like this movie was going someplace really good but never got there.
½ December 29, 2010
a really solid haunted house/ghost story! Simple yet very complex story with an interesting ending.
November 29, 2010
paranormal activity but mostly hidden secrets . family secrets . a good enough thriller .
November 17, 2010
ok, so is Tim Daly dead at the end?
November 7, 2010
"The Skeptic" is a far better movie than the critics claim. Although it has its silly moments, it reveals a delicate balance between skepticism and belief in the supernatural. It is a haunted house film with more psychological depth than most. It may not be a work of genius, but it is worth an afternoon's viewing.
October 14, 2010
Ja, jo, nja, hm, måske ... En okay film, til tider, og sådan set ganske fængende. Der var bare en del der ikke helt fungerede, og historien havde nogle løse ender her og der, men ja, kunne da godt ses, I guess
½ October 12, 2010
The end let me down at first. [spoiler]But then I realized that his mother hadn't been a ghost after all. All this time it was his memory coming back to him slowly. That is my take on it, anyway.
½ September 18, 2010
Filme muito bom, mas o final poderia ser melhor!
½ August 30, 2010
DRY..... slow plot...I diddnt care much for it I found myself painting my nails or doing the dishes makes for great background noise... a child abused dose not recall his past... is haunted by his evil mother...
August 15, 2010
Okay, this movie had potential. It had a solid B-list cast, and occasional moments of brilliance. But unfortunately, it was REALLY uneven. There would be well-directed scenes that were pretty creepy, and then they'd be followed up by poorly-acted, campy scenes straight outta the Cliche Guide to Haunted House Movies.
August 3, 2010
i don't think this had a real resolution but it was pretty interesting. had some little moments of comedy, some emotional times, not really all that thrilling though. no huge elements of surprises or anything like that.