C'est Pas Moi, Je le Jure! (It's Not Me, I Swear!) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

C'est Pas Moi, Je le Jure! (It's Not Me, I Swear!) Reviews

½ June 27, 2014
Children movies are what I frequently pick to watch and that is how I ended here. This is somehow a similar kind of movie to 'Dennis the Menace'. Only the character wise, but there are plenty of differences illustrating a boy's nuisance and menace. Yeah, it was about a 9 year old boy and his strange and unexpected bahaviour. Don't think in a serious manner, I was saying kind of cute like the one from 'Le Petit Nicolas'.

Leon is not happy for their parents' everyday fights. He thinks he can stop it if some distracting thing happened them around. So decides to try with the dangerous game and make them to blame for it. But everything he attempted goes terribly wrong and one day he also loses his beloved one. Then is main focus turn to bring her back. While preparing for it, he falls in love for a neighbour girl. The mischievous boy with the series of unsuccessful event can turn everything back on track is what explained till the end.

''It's better not to lie,
but it's worse to lie badly.''

This was the movie like I desired for. An interesting and playful character is what we expect most from a kid role in an entertaining movie. The story also conveys parental negligence over kids with unorthodox character. As the story set in the late 60s, the atmosphere was flawless and looked surreal. Everyone played well, father, mother, brother and so the girl. One of the unforgettable children's movies if you are a fan of this genre. I am not going to disclose how the story ends, but I will be happy if a sequel explains a few things, especially the romance. With the existing end and a beautiful dialogue before the credits roll up I don't know why I thought of a follow-up. Maybe I am so excited to see Leon again because he was so awesome.
June 26, 2014
I'm speechless. This is hands down the best cinematic performance I've ever seen a child deliver. This movie was all sorts of beautiful and charming while remaining realistic. Wow.
July 13, 2013
"Não Sou Eu, Eu Juro", é um filme canadense que trata muitíssimo bem sobre as perdas e as loucuras de Léon Dóre, um menino de dez anos de idade. Com uma direção muito simples e que busca mostrar a ingenuidade por trás de um garoto que é visto como uma peste, o diretor Philippe Falardeau consegue trazer ao filme delicadas e belíssimas cenas sobre um amor de infância vivido por Léon e por sua vizinha de mesma idade, Léa. E é aí que as duas crianças entram: Antoine L'Écuyer como Léon Dóre e Catherine Faucher como Léa: ambos em ótimas atuações infantis e que trouxeram muita química para este belo e inocente casal. "Não Sou Eu, Eu Juro" ainda trás frases inteligentes e muito divertidas, que se propõem a explorar a ingenuidade das duas crianças: "A vida não é feita para mim, mas eu pareço ter sido feito para a vida."; "Em tempos de desespero, medidas desesperadas." e por fim "Ela esvaziou minhas reservas de amor por uns vinte anos". O roteiro (como já citado) é super competente e consegue trazer aquele tom de "infância triste" que poucos filmes conseguem.
É um filme ao estilo de "Meu Primeiro Amor", mas falado em língua francesa. É poético, doce e que desperta a Léa e o Léon que há dentro de todos nós.
November 23, 2012
You're a moron if you don't like this movie.STOP
October 16, 2012
Coming Of Age story about troubled parents, sounds nothing new isn't it... but still touching and funny (somehow)
August 16, 2012
In my opinion, the most heartwarming, gut wrenching, beautiful movie I have ever seen. This is rare to say from an English speaking background (considering the movie is in French).

Characters are constructed beautifully and everything about this movie is perfect, even down to the score, written by Patrick Watson.

Five stars, not a doubt in my mind. If you don't watch this movie, you are seriously missing out.
May 22, 2012
Too long by 15 minutes, but still emotionally engaging and hilarious. Comparable to Wes Anderson's best work.
March 29, 2011
An unoriginal film about a family crisis and a problem child.
March 20, 2011
Autant le film demarre sur les chapeaux de roue, autant il degringole a la moitie. Leon est tellement detestable que nous nous plaisons a attendre sa prochaine betise. Par contre, ca chute tellement drastiquement que j'ai decroche. Beaucoup trop moralisateur mais pour la premiere moitie, il est genial
January 16, 2011
Assisti o final sem querer e fiquei muito curioso.
½ November 28, 2010
Es una película muy buena, tragicómica y con unas escenas realmente hilarantes, tambiï¿ 1/2 (C)n tiene unas partes muy fuertes que te dejan helado o te hacen piantar un lagrimon! Gracias godita por pasarmela!! Muy recomendable para todo tipo de gustos, piensen que es un film francï¿ 1/2 (C)s y medio indie, nada de estilo pochoclero!! Me hizo acordar un poco a Harold and Maude!! Por el humor negro!
October 30, 2010
Loved this thought provoking, quirky dark comedy.
½ October 11, 2010
In 2009 my wife and I got back to the Cleveland International Film Festival. This was the first film we saw that year. A story about a Dennis the Menace type character only more troubled. I really enjoyed this and thought it was funny, though all of the kid's attempts to end his life kept the movie from being too light-heart-ed. I appreciated the theme of normal and "un-normal" families. And the imagery was consistent with this theme. There was an island alone in the middle of the sea, a kite alone in the middle of the sky, an umbrella alone in a clearing in a corn field, a lone fox running through a field, the boy laying in his front yard, a single bowling pin left standing, and one black stone amongst several white stones in a fountain. The important thing to notice, I think, is that the boy's free-spirited mother, the black stone in society, keeps trying to give him a white stone. She wishes for him to fit into society better than she could.
½ September 24, 2010
The québécité of 1981, the youthful fascination with suicide of Harold and Maude, and a poster like that of Fish Tank.
August 16, 2010
LOVE IT! One of my favorite movie ever!
½ July 13, 2010
Fikk blandende følelser for denne. Var en smule irriterende han gutten, klarte ikke å bli klok på han...
May 5, 2010
Une facture visuelle lèchée avec une histoire logique bien qu'avec des situations assez hors du commun, ce qui colle très bien avec les protangonistes. Point de vue des comédiens, jeu très solide de tous.
April 29, 2010
The art of lying:
- berbohong itu tidak baik,
tapi lebih tidak baik lagi kalo berbohong dengan buruk
- kalau berbohong, harus pertahankan ceritamu
April 3, 2010
I absolutely adore how this movie was directed. One cannot help but feel empathy for this kid who did what he did to 'encash' and redeem the emotional stamps he collected. It's a gd reflection on the selfishnes of adults who have unfulfilled dreams only to pursue them at the expense of their own kids. The looming danger that keeps one at the edge of the seat finally culminates into a big relief...or maybe thats not the end as one leaves the theatre thinking about all the other kids in somewhat similar situations.
March 29, 2010
This was so magnificent - I absolutely adored every minute of it. A coming-of-age story infused with so many meanings and human honesty. Life as seen through the eyes of two children; one abandoned by its mother and the other by its father - both tortured and both seeking something to drag them out of the painful world of adults. Truly wonderful; the music, the performances, the screenplay, the photography, the direction....I have nothing more to say, but...see it. Many movies may have the same subject as their core, but this is one of those that will stay with you.