Sisterhood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sisterhood Reviews

May 17, 2009
There are some parts where you might get a bit disturbed, depends who you are, but I didn't. This movie also has some witchcraft in it and vampires. I just got bored of sitting on my butt watching it, so I didn't get to watch the end of it.
October 21, 2008
I wish Emily Corcoran well - it's devilishly hard to get a low-budget NZ film made and released. But if you do get one released, it pays to steer clear of the relentless cliches, feeble plot development and flat jokes that comprise Sisterhood. It's a real pity, because you want them to succeed: this isn't a bad idea and the cast seem to be a resourceful bunch. A real missed opportunity.
½ October 5, 2008
It might have been nice, at this moment in time, to see a female corrective to the testosterone-heavy likes of "Step Brothers" and its ilk, but "Sisterhood" is all hoary stereotypes - New Zealand is represented by rugby and sheep, the UK by thugs and randy grannies - and no set-up is considered too low or broad. Our Kiwi heroine walks in on an admirer rehearsing his marriage proposal in a barn - and she thinks he's proposing to a cow! Then when he goes to propose for real - he kneels in a cowpat! As "Harry and Paul"'s Greek interpreter of televisual affairs might put it: it is from this that the comedy arises. Given that production on the film was halted after one of the investors was revealed to be a fraudster, Corcoran and Wellings-Thomas have done well to finish their film and land it a theatrical release, but it sits hopelessly exposed on the big screen, and no-one should have to pay to see it. In fact, I think I'd rather have seen what the conman went and spent *his* money on.