The Human Contract Reviews

• Oct 02, 2019

Funny that there isn't a Zero star to choose from. Ya know, the lead actors, both male and female were really good. Their talents are such a big fat WASTE to be in this thrash they call a film. If this is what "Jada Pinkett" produces, gosh, it's trashy, absolutely meaningless and UNNECESSARY.

• Sep 22, 2013

The Human Contract caught my eye first as the directional debut of Jada Pinkett Smith, and secondly as a film starring Paz Vega who I have become a fan of after her work in Spanglish and Lucia y el sexo. Soon in the script shows its weaknesses by failing to create characters that have anything interesting to talk about, and this is within the first few minutes of the film which sets the idea that the characters aren?t really characters, but shells of characters with exteriors that take a sexual interest in each other. This seems likely to be one of the key dynamics of The Human Contract based on its advertisement poster and DVD cover, and as it turns out, it is. Jada Pinkett Smith?s direcetional debut turns out to be a shallow, hollow, vanity project with focus on sexualised elements that are nothing short of ridiculously stupid, and her inexperience as a filmmaker really shows. There is no mystery, no suspense, and no convincing drama, so the careers of Paz Vega and Jason Clarke are brought down by this poorly executed drama, even though they do their best with the poor material supplied to them. Unfortunately, it is VERY poor material. Lacking in intelligence or the proper stimulus needed to entertain or provoke thoughts in viewers, and dragging down Paz Vega in the process, which is unfortunate as she is a very good actress. But so far in her directional career, Jada Pinkett Smith does not fit the profile of being one, and she needs to tone up her writing skills while she's at it. Luckily, The Human Contract is a film easy to forget, so if she comes along and surprises us with a fresh new idea, then that's what the focus will be. Until then, we have The Human Craptrap.

• Dec 16, 2012

I was wondering the whole time do I watch Penelope Cruz. Weird movie ...

I was wondering the whole time do I watch Penelope Cruz. Weird movie ...

• Apr 10, 2012

Pinkett Smith extends the range of things she isn't any good at doing into writing/directing. The movie looks decent enough but 30minutes in when nothing has happened and the characters remain undeveloped you begin to realize there is no substance or point to the whole thing. Actors are wasted in bland roles as their character seemingly just do things for the sake of it.

• Dec 29, 2011

Jada should just stick to acting....this was horrible.

Jada should just stick to acting....this was horrible.

• May 09, 2011

First 20 minutes was interesting, then You realized that nothing interesting happens anymore. Paz Vega was hot, though.

• Mar 25, 2011

Good film, but While I was watching I kept waiting for something to happen.The end was a bit of a disappointment

• Dec 25, 2010

Interesting film starring gorgeous Paz Veg,a as the love of a man with a dark side. Brutal, honest, deviant, and gorgeous, this film explores how a relationship can lead to obsession, desperation, depravity, forgiveness and finally transformation. It is definitely not a film for everyone- it has many dark moments and sometimes can be a little slow. If you are into sexy erotic dramas which remind you of a cross between 9 1/2 Weeks and Closer, this might be the flick for you.

• Dec 09, 2010

Pretty dull, despite starring the gorgeous Paz Vega. Ending is supposed to be a clever twist, but it is just weird and out of place. By then you've given up anyway.

• Oct 21, 2010

paz vega ! ella eres fantastica!

paz vega ! ella eres fantastica!