The Eclipse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Eclipse Reviews

½ April 26, 2011
The Eclipse is such a refreshing blend of horror and drama.The world needs more films that can present a mature subject matter and ground itself in reality, then surprise with some authentic scares. The acting and plotting are very understated, when mixed with such a detailed eye for cinematography and lighting it makes for something very engaging and fun to watch.
April 25, 2011
Very slow movie and ultimately has no goal. The only thing this movie has is that it is good at getting your guard down just before the few "scare" scenes. But I say don't waste your time on this movie, unless you like the slow artsy no point kind of movies.
½ April 12, 2011
"The Eclipse" is an eccentric mix--a mostly drab drama with some of THEE most out-of-place but well executed "scare your fucking pants off" jump scenes I have witnessed to date. Much like the infamous "scary maze" games, just as the completely uninteresting characters cause you to snooze or restlessly pick the lint off your shirt, the living shit is suddenly scared out of you--and then you're back to square one. I give it a 3.5 (despite the film being a snore) because the scares are so good. Hell, I give it a 3.5 JUST for the scares. Watch it for the scares and the scares alone.
½ March 31, 2011
Sweet and eerie are not words I would usuallu use in tandem to describe a film, but that's exactly what the The Eclipse is. The horror elements fit flawlessly in with the story of lost and found love and provide a few very effective scares along the way.
March 29, 2011
Great acting, lovely Irish small film.
March 28, 2011
We Irish and our ghosts. I think we are born with them. A quiet, somber, beautifully filmed little movie.
½ March 23, 2011
Uma belíssima história que contém alguns dos sustos mais bem feitos dos últimos dez anos, seguramente.
February 13, 2011
It had 3 good moments but ended up having no fucking point at all
February 11, 2011
The Eclipse is an unusual mixture of suspense and romance shown in a slow pace among the beautiful Irish landscape and provoking some mixed feelings among the audience.

Quite unusual, the ghost story is not in the center of the plot, but more an accompanying story to a love triangle which develops between a widower and two writers. The whole movie has a certain minor feeling and it is more of a down-tempo story-telling than a supernatural horror.

A tale of love and loss, presented in a quiet and melancholic way.
February 11, 2011
wonderful performances... but maybe a little too deep and heavy for me...
½ February 9, 2011
This movie operates on a few different levels, but for me the best parts are the scares. This is a text book example of how you get your audience to cry out, "Holy shit!" Well done.
February 8, 2011
This is one of the scariest movies I have seen in a while.....
½ January 29, 2011
The title isn't that enticing, I'm not even sure what it means, but I liked this simple plot. It had a good amount of character development and a little magical realism. It was a good movie to watch on a Friday night after work.
January 20, 2011
Scared me to jumping off the couch and not watching parts. Yet, the underlying theme of releasing guilt and grieving come through clearly.
January 10, 2011
I think this one lost me on all the sub-plots and different stories, I kinda feel that if abit more one directional in the writing something better could have came out of it.
½ January 3, 2011
My goodness, this film thinks it's good! But in fact, it is dull and not even scary and in the end I was very annoyed with it.
January 2, 2011
Very refreshing and COMPLETELY TERRIFYING.
December 27, 2010
What a surprising film. Gorgeous score - amazing cinematography. I will have to see this again.
December 25, 2010

A tale of love and loss, presented in a quiet and melancholic way.
December 23, 2010
Netflix Streaming Pick. A feel-good romance that's also creepy as hell.