Street Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Dreams Reviews

February 25, 2015
One of the few skateboarding movies and it's a good one
July 30, 2014
Man, This video..It's an awesome movie to watch especially if you are a skater. It's true that many skaters get arrested for skating in private property..though you can learn from the movie that P.Rod (aka Derek Cabrerra) was yelled at by his dad, because his parents care for him and wants him to finish high school and do what he wants to do, but he doesn't care and would rather go skate with his friends (Rob Dyrdek, Ryan Dunn, Terry Kennedy, and filmer guy). I've watched this video many times. It has inspired me to keep on skating, maybe get sponsored too..But education comes first :)
May 13, 2014
One of the few skateboarding movie, And it doesn't disappoint.
February 5, 2014
this movie is awesome and
February 4, 2014
Absolutely phenomenal. Heartbreakingly dramatic, so funny it will make you cry, and surprisingly well written. This is a story about Derrick (Paul Rodriguez), who wants to be a pro skater. Plain and simple. He wants to perform a trick that has NEVER been done before called the NAC (a treyflip to crooked grind), which his friends (Rob Dyrdek, Ryan Dunn, and Adam Wylie) think is impossible.
I adore this film. Everyone here gives great performances, really grounded and nonglorified ones as well. This isn't a glamorized depiction of a guy becoming a star. This is gritty and realistic, and it makes for some incredible dramatic tension.
The screenplay (which Rob Dyrdek helped pen) Is amazing. It's really funny, down to earth and not over the top.
The performances are great all around, especially the central group. The stand out in my opinion is caught between Ryan Dunn and Paul Rodriguez, who both turn in awesome performances. 95% of the actors in this film have NO experience in acting and they rocked it.
The direction is competent with just enough flair to distance itself from other movies of the same nature, but its nothing to write home about.
If I had to point out any flaws, I'd probably say it would be that its honestly too short. I didn't want it to end and I wanted to see more of these characters. They had really great chemistry with each other and honestly I didn't want to leave this world.
This kind of movie is inspiring to those of us who want to follow our dreams, show the world and those who tell us we can't do something that we can. Its a shame this film didn't get the attention it deserved, and I totally recommend you see it whether you're a skater or not.
February 3, 2014
best movie ever saw :3
September 17, 2013
Great film recommended to anyone interested in skating
March 27, 2013
This movie really shows what its like to skate and try your hardest to get better
August 11, 2012
Rob dyrdek-if only BIG was there too!
June 5, 2012
Street Dreams is amazing skate story that has no limits the the greatness of it. Fantastic story,amazing acting especially by Dyrdek,and Rodriguez Jr.,and of course Dunn never fails to make it fun (R.I.P) and the rest of the cast.

Not only is this movie just skating and tricks. But the story and strong emotion put into it and what evey kid is told. As this movie can't touch "Lords of Dog Town" it's right behind it as a Classic. A+ 5/5 stars.
May 15, 2012
Sickest movie of all time
April 30, 2012
it is a col movie if your a skater p rod is in this movie
½ April 7, 2012
this movie is amazing!!! so true to a skaters life never related to a movie this much before
November 20, 2011
Great camera work and skateboarding, but the lack or real actors and no unique plot line is where this movie bails.
July 10, 2011
Rappers can try to act, so why can't skateboarders? I remember first hearing about this flick on Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory a couple years back. I started watching it after Rob & Big went off the air. If Rob can think it up, he can most likely make it happen. Along with the acting portion, Dyrdek helped with the screenplay and produced the movie.

Street Dreams revolves around a high school aged kid played by professional skateboarder Paul Rodriguez, Jr. Like every single kid that dreams about turning pro, he must prove himself worthy by finishing up his video shoot and landing that perfect trick. Probably my favorite part about this film (besides the actually skating) is that the main characters are all from Chicago. Being that I am a die-hard Chicago fan of mostly everything.

I thought the film got off to a slow start, but picked itself up. Probably the worse acting was done by pro skater Ryan Sheckler. He needs to just stick to the board and reality TV. The musical soundtrack of the film was definitely something that kept me interested too, they did a great job with that. A lot of nostalgia came out of listening to some of those tunes; most notably alternative artists Linkin Park and Plus 44. The acting was B-list at best, but that didn't come to any surprise given a fictitious documented skatboarding movie. I could see that Dyrdek was just trying to have fun while he simultaneously starred in a movie that spread the word on skateboarding. Check that off the bucket list, sir.
To this day I still wear a pair of skateboarding shoes and can relate to that scene in my childhood. I was never that good at skating, but I had a board and tried my best when I could. Mostly the clothes on my back and the music in my ears represented the scene.

Overall this was a decent movie. Better than expected. If you at all appreciate skateboarding, then I'd check it out.

6/10 Stars.

Additional side note: It was tough to see Jackass's own Ryan Dunn acting in this film. Not cause he's a bad actor; I actually thought he did a fine job. But, because of his passing away not too long ago. R.I.P Ryan.
February 22, 2011
LOVE OT SO MUCH I OWN IT ON MY IPOD... ACCIDENTALLY.....
December 25, 2010
Horrible acting and filming but i still liked it
December 9, 2010
This movie seems to be very factually correct qith every detail of it. It is very hard to portray the world of skateboarding in a film if you do not skateboard. It is veey complex thing ro try and act seemingly impossible for the fact that eveey skateboarder has a different style and slang. So using actual a professional skateboards was very creative and i believe this film portays everything exactly right even down to the cop scenes. It alsto is over dramatized in some areas for the non-skateboagrding people to keep there attention which work all the rtoins great dor skateboarders and non-skateboarders.
December 4, 2010
Very clever and sends a very strong message to all young skaters all over the world. as a street skater i know it is not easy to skate where ever you want. Very well done a instant classic in my book.