Ed Brubaker's Angel of Death - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ed Brubaker's Angel of Death Reviews

½ March 21, 2016
I saw it as a stylish wannabe but it wasn't.
February 27, 2016
An action film that must see.
December 15, 2014
A solid three stars for an entertaining 10 7-8 minute episodes. Wouldn't mind seeing this character in a longer story. This story was just long enough. I don't know if Bell has the acting chops to pull off a long form series but I think she fits the character as played here very well.
November 8, 2014
WOW.....WOW....WOW.....SO SO SO SO BAD.....MAN I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N I REALLY DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, ITS SO BORING, IT IS A COMPLETE MESS OF A MOVIE, IT IS SO SO DREADFUL, ITS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO BAD 2 WATCH......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, THE FIGHT SCENES THORUGHOUT THIS MOVIE WERE PRETTY GOOD THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, BUT MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY DREADFUL BORING RUBBISH MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO BAD, WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....
May 9, 2014
Kick ASS Grindhouse Female Assassin delivers the goods--Big bad Zoe... A great fun flick!!
December 20, 2012
It's far, FAR from perfect, but "Angel of Death" succeeds in showing that Zoe Bell can offer more to the artistic aspect of cinema with more then just stunts.
½ November 24, 2012
Despite Zoe Bell's charm and some entertaining moments, Angel of Death can't help but remind of another tale about a vengeful blonde..
January 15, 2012
Bom filme de ação. Esperava ser pior, mas essa Zoe Bell manda muito bem nas coreografias de lutas.
November 11, 2011
This movie is an ultraviolent pulp fictional type of movie with no clear delination between fantasy and reality. It would have been better if it had taken itself a little less seriously and was more campy instead. The stunts do not make any sense unless Eve was Superwoman as no real person could ever come close to how she was played as an unstoppable wrecking ball of a person who does not bleed or feel any pain or even have any hint of humanity.
shitfaced8
½ October 21, 2011
Hmmm... I was surprised by the level of enjoyment I got out of this action packed, noir-y, comic bookesque, but did have some definent problems with it as well. Perhaps most importantly, and something I was never really able to get past. There were some terrible casting decisions here. Many of the actors just arent capable of really pulling off the roles they were given. Jake Abel is my main target for that complaint, but there were a few others as well. Also this movie feels like it really wants to be 2-4 already existing movies all at the same time. That's fine, just don't be surprised when you're movie doesn't have as much of a shelf life as the movies your emulating. All that aside I did find myself enjoying this movie anyways. It does have great production values, is fast paced and with non stop action. Also short and sweet so doesn't overstay it's welcome. A good decision as my complaints with this film are pretty serious. If it dragged on for 2 hours my rating would be lower, but for what it is I would say its still above average, despite it's flaws. Worth a watch for sure for action fans.
October 9, 2011
Bad acting, annoying music, horrible action sequences. Opening scene was cool though.
½ August 14, 2011
I enjoyed the comic book effects of the movie as well as the almost Quentin Tarantino. However I had found the movie somewhat hard to follow and fell asleep about half way into the movie.
½ July 11, 2011
The story is not great, the dialogue is bad, and the acting is worse, but Zoe Bell is so awesome it makes this worth watching.
June 25, 2011
Racy and Entertaining
May 19, 2011
It's fun to watch Zoe Bell go through her action paces, but there's not enough plot to sell me 100% on this one.

It's not a bad way to kill an hour and change, but it's not going to essential viewing to anyone.

Rental?
May 3, 2011
Only for Zoe Bell fans.. This girl is goddess....
March 26, 2011
not deep but jake was creepy,
March 1, 2011
After a botched assassination attempt, Eve (Zoe Bell) accidentally kills a fourteen year-old girl while sustaining a knife wound to the top of the head. The subsequent injury has some side-effects, with one being visions of the young girl she murdered. This apparition whispers things to her which ultimately has Eve going after the people she works for.

The film's strength lies in stunt woman-turned-actress Zoe Bell and her excellent physical stature. Because of her background as a stunt woman, she delivers some very believable choreography; aided with director Paul Etheredge's comic book-style editing. I know it's all been done before with Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill series and even his Death Proof mini-film, in which Bell is also featured, but having an extra Grindhouse-like B-style film is always a good thing. The gritty ambiance that surrounds Angel Of Death is really impressive, considering it's low-budget salary and somewhat unknown cast, minus Lucy Lawless and Ted Raimi (younger brother of famed director Sam Raimi); who has a few seconds of screen-time.

In all honesty, Angel Of Death should have been given more exposure. While maybe having some miscalculations in dialogue, the film offers some class footwork that could have stood toe-to-toe with other films of its kind. Comic book writer Ed Brubaker, who is famed for his skills in the series Captain America, draws up a nice script, even though his characters are a bit one-dimensional. But, we're not expecting anything profound with a film such as this, just the carnage that ensues from it's leads.
October 29, 2010
Ok movie. Had great potential though, and looked good initially. However, plot started to get a bit holey after a while, and a touch predictable. Still, good action sequences, though director Paul Etheredge tries to be Quentin Tarantino and doesn't pull it off.

Suprisingly decent performance from stuntwoman-turned-actress Zoe Bel. Her only other performance of note was a supporting role in Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof", in which she didn't come off as believable.

Reasonably entertaining.