Warrior Reviews

• Jun 04, 2019

Tom Hardy is lucious.

Tom Hardy is lucious.

• May 14, 2019

Great movie!!! Tom Hardy is a beast! Nicely put together and amazing acting.

Great movie!!! Tom Hardy is a beast! Nicely put together and amazing acting.

• May 10, 2019

Packing a punch with a tearjerking family drama of a father and his sons reconciling broken kinship in the ring of a mixed martial arts tournament, this sports movie proudly joins the ranks of the heavyweights from its genre.

• Apr 23, 2019

Great film but with a horrible ending. Two brothers grow up with an alcoholic father. The mother arranges to take the boys and leave, but the older brother doesn't go because he has fallen for the local trollup. The younger brother leave and cares for his mother when she is dying of cancer. The younger boy has nothing, no mother, no relation with his father, no wife, no children. He joins the army, but goes AWOL when his troop is killed by his own people. He is a war hero, who saved many lives. The oldest brother is a teacher, with a wife and family, and a father he has rejected. Both brother learned to fight from their dad. The younger brother is a beast who knocks out the national champ in seconds. The older brother, the teacher, had an brief unsucessful career in the UFCand retired. The brothers compete in the same MMA tournament, the younger because fighting is all he has left, and the older because he's mismanaged his money and is broke. The older brother struggles through hi fights, almost losing two, but gets lucky with arm bars. The youngest brother plows through his opponents like they don't exist, he is a beast. In the final fight, the brothers face each other. The older breaks the youngers shoulder and defeats the older. This is a horrible ending, as through the entire film we see the younger is the vastly superior fighter in skill and strength, and he holds the moral high ground. THe older brother who abandoned his mother dying of cancer, and his younger brother ends the movie as the victor. If I could shoot the writer and director of this movie I would.

• Apr 08, 2019

One of the best films I've ever seen... the ending had me so choked up, I couldn't believe how much it effected me. A 100% must watch.

• Mar 16, 2019

Warrior is a film directed by Gavin OConnor. Really good acting especially Tom Hardy as Tom Conlon and Joel Edgerton as Brendan Conlon. Very good characters that you feel for. Really good cinematography with some great shots. Steady setting. Very Good set design and props. Good and steady costume design. Really good style with the colour scheme that makes it feel like a Rocky film. Really good fighting that is directed really well. Every time somebody was punched or kicked it felt like you could feel it. Very good sound design that makes you feel every punch. Very good dialogue between the characters. Very good editing. Very good music though theres not much. Very good and heartwarming story. Really good atmosphere especially when Nick Nolte as Paddy Conlon is around. The film is also very emotional. It very nearly made me cry. The film is also very enjoyable especially the third act. Over all I give it a 9/10 - so close

• Mar 12, 2019

I'm an MMA fan and I know the actors weren't showing us world class MMA but its good enough and the fact that my wife was just as into the movie as me says a lot about the story because she hates sports, especially violent sports, which Warrior does not shy away from portraying. This is my favorite character Tom Hardy has played and Joel Edgerton does great but Nick Nolte should have won an award or two for his performance as a supporting actor.

• Feb 25, 2019

Probably one of my favourite movies. Everyone in does excellently and the story though we know it has more depth than the outer shell shows.

• Dec 09, 2018

In Warrior, Gavin O'Connor's surprisingly elegiac drama about a quest for a MMA title, familiarity with the sport is unnecessary because, ultimately, this movie is more about the dark, bloody conflicts within the human heart than it is about what transpires in the cage. Most sports films (and fight films in particular) are, to one degree or another, about winning. Warrior illustrates that there can be loss in a win and victory in a defeat. It's not what happens during the final bout that defines Connor's picture, but what occurs immediately afterwards. The acting is top notch with both Engerton and Hardy looking and acting the part. This film, among others solidified Tom Hardy's credentials.(Fantastic MMA movie).

• Nov 18, 2018

Such an emotional and inspirational movie.

Such an emotional and inspirational movie.