Pedro - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pedro Reviews

March 14, 2014
Beautiful biopic of a sad yet inspiring real story.
March 4, 2012
I don't think that this is the documentary for me.
December 27, 2011
He did not die at his house. He was disconnected in the Mercy's Hospital in Miami, FL. He signed a NDR. WHy the need of changing his death?
January 10, 2011
I remember watching this unfold back in 1994...learning about the hiv status, and having it exposed on national tv. I thought it took a lot of guts, and for that Pedro deserves alot of respect. This film was a nice tribute to him. Very interesting, and well done.
January 5, 2011
The story of the greatest person in the history of MTV's the Real World & his struggle with HIV/AIDS. Be sure to have kleenex handy as its a tear-jerker.
½ January 3, 2011
quite good and sad of course. still the book made me cry like a baby. i will have to read it again.
½ July 9, 2010
Good pacing, great acting performances...better than I anticipated for an indy film about a young man who spent his last days on a "reality" show.
I like that the dvd included key episodes of the Real World with Pedro. Dustin Lance Black added touching details to the story that made this docudrama feel more transcendent than any reality show faire of today could even approach... good stuff. Also it is interesting to see a bit of how the reality show at the time - was filmed...this film works on many levels.
July 4, 2010
Began watching this movie and felt the beginning could have been scripted a little better. However, after a bit of watching I finally got into the movie and started paying attention. The only Real World season I watched was this season, Pedro was an incredible person despite the choices he made in life that put him in this situation. This documentary really appeared to keep things true and showed what happen on TRW behind the scenes when the camera was not rolling. The ending and footage seriously put the closing on a good movie.
March 13, 2010
i fell in love with Pedro all over again. he had an amazing heart and a beautiful spirit! I don't think I have ever cried like that over a movie. life is too short....
December 1, 2009
OMG amazing movie! so sad, a must watch. I dont think I‚??ve ever cried so much. I think this should be one of those movies that are MANdatory in high schools. I made choices like Pedro when I was young fortunately for me I am still here to live life. After seeing this movie it makes me so sad but so glad that his message will be heard! I am going to buy this movie! I only wish he was still here and cured. My life has been nothing special so far. I too am gay and search for a purpose in life. ok and someone special like Pedro met. His story is sooooo strong and I only hope that others will watch this movie and share the story. I feel like I‚??ve gained a purpose I want to live my life in place of the one that Pedro wasn‚??t able to. I pray that one day we are all free from diseases, oppression, and racism. If this story is true to the most accurate detail I see this story like the story of Jesus. I know many people will be mad I said that but don‚??t speak till you‚??ve seen the movie. Jesus died so that we may all live and some how I feel that Pedro did this. I know there has been millions before him that died in silence and nameless. My grandmother was taken by cancer and for me this story was liberating. I strive to be stronger and live out my dreams and help those less fortunate. God so much feeling and tears for a movie. Well done to all of you who made this possible and to those of you who weren‚??t. Open your hearts and listen to his story. It will change your life and hopefully open your mind and hearts to those around you. I want to write more cause there is so much i have to say but I don‚??t want to discourage people by the length. My father is so closed minded to people who are different. He thinks that AIDS was created by the government to get rid of homos and that those who get this disease disserve it. In no way do I think someone could ever disserve to suffer a disease like this or cancer (ok there are extremes like murderers, but that‚??s gods choice not ours). God help those involved if that is true. Anyways reach out to those down and let them know you care. May there soon be an end to all suffering and let there be peace.
½ October 9, 2009
heroic story of HIV + activist Pedro Zamora ...
½ October 5, 2009
Excellent! Brought back memories of San Francisco in the 1990s ... but I kinda wish I'd already been in Florida (even though I hadn't even VISITED yet!). But I digress. The story was riveting. And the storytelling? Impeccable.
½ September 25, 2009
Good movie with a cast that matched the real life characters so well.
½ August 25, 2009
It was interesting although not the best acting by all characters. This movie was definitely worth the time.
½ August 24, 2009
pedro's reaching out and educating on HIV/AIDS is so inspiring. his struggles completely heartbreaking. we need more people like him in this world. r.i.p. pedro <3
½ August 23, 2009
An incredibly written script by Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black that's powerful and sweet. I don't remember ever watching a good MTV movie before.
August 9, 2009
The story of Pedro Zamora's life is not one that I was familiar with before picking up this movie. Once you get through the first twenty minutes or so, it's a really emotionally-engaging film.
August 8, 2009
The life of Pedro is worth telling, and this movie did a decent but not spectacular job of retelling it. If this wasn't based on a true story, I don't think I would've liked it as much. Loynaz and Machado did a great acting job. Appleman was pretty good, and everyone else was either ok or pretty bad. If just some of the casting and directing could've been better, the film overall would have been more enjoyable. However, Pedro's message did come across, so mission accomplished.
½ August 6, 2009
Not perfect but my GOD Dustin Lance Black can write.

Just another story of another amazing gay man making a difference in this word. Bravo to DLB for making this story amazing and mesmerizing!
August 5, 2009
It's quite moving and makes you think.