L'Empreinte de l'ange (Mark of an Angel) Reviews

• Jan 09, 2012

Strange. The plot reads a bit like bad 'weekend-movie', but -believe me- it ain't. The last sentence of the movie, 'based on a true story', makes you think "What the f@#k?!".

• Oct 21, 2011

90 minutes I'll never get back. They should have called this "Crazy Bitches".

90 minutes I'll never get back. They should have called this "Crazy Bitches".

• Oct 09, 2011

This is a movie best enjoyed if you know nothing about it except that it is a fun tense thriller, so I wouldn't advise reading any reviews before seeing it. At the heart of the movie is the premise that there's a special connection between a mother and her child that cannot be denied. The movie is very good at hiding where it's going. At first, you're not sure if you're watching something seamy, then you fear it may be about violence done to a child and finally it's fun to find out where it actually is going. You're not even sure if you're watching a thriller or a drama. It's keeps you on the edge of your seat. Catherine Frot is perfect as a woman who lost her newborn baby years ago in a hospital fire and thinks she's found her living with another family. You sympathize with her despite the fact that she may be insane or at least nearing a breakdown and even while you don't know whether her intentions are good or evil. However there are questions you will ask yourself such as how can a woman who lost her baby when she was 5 days old recognise her when she's 7 years old? This is a movie that's worth checking out.

• Sep 27, 2011

Heavy storyline, but a watchable French drama that is intense throughout.

Heavy storyline, but a watchable French drama that is intense throughout.

• Sep 26, 2011

simply a good movie, all in nuance.

simply a good movie, all in nuance.

• Sep 26, 2011

I gave it 3 stars because I did watch in suspense waiting up until the very end. That said, the ending felt rushed, strange, and tacked on by someone who works for the Lifetime movie channel... This film is quite creepy - I do think the performance of the two lead actresses actually outshines the script.

• May 29, 2011

A voir absolument. Un soir de Fêtes des Mères, le Service Public ne pouvait pas mieux faire. Les actrices sont sublimes. Et finalement, il n'y a pas grand chose à dire de plus : magnifique.

• Feb 19, 2011

Powerful, tense, gripping. Convincing performances from the entire cast. Great direction, recommended! UK title "Angel of Mine".

• Feb 11, 2011

Excellent. Can't get enough of Catherine Frot since I discovered her, which was just last year malheuresement. Contrary to a few reviews here, the end was perfect as the French usually do. No high drama, calling in police, ripping the child away, but a truly sophisticated and compassionate decision. Wonderful.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Dec 28, 2010

Well it started off good & creepy.I almost expected a horror flick or something but as it went on it started to fall apart & whatever potential it had to be even a good movie was gone