Paraiso Travel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paraiso Travel Reviews

August 2, 2013
Great freakin movie.
June 19, 2013
If the purpose was the immigration issue, Colombia fails once again in raising relevant reflections. If the purpose was to represent the adaptation of the immigrants to a hostile reality, the topic is not treated with the proper seriousness except for the glimpses showing the brutal journey of the immigrants all the way through Mexico; the "personal growth" Marlon claims at the end he had is unbelievable and quite false. If the purpose was to put to the test the love between two horny and irresponsible young Colombians with the immigration issue as a background, trust me, I have soap operas for that, and I don't like them. In fact, too many Mexican faces were seen here, known precisely because of TV soap crap.

Whenever you want to see a film that treats the immigration problem properly (one that mixes another relevant social problem: that of displacement of people to other places because of existing violence), watch the Mexican feature El Norte (1983).

March 3, 2013
Great Movie. Sad but true story that happens all the time.
February 19, 2013
Muy cercana a la realidad de la vida en NYC y de como se debe dejar ir lo que no conviene.... what a nice movie full of motivation!!!
½ December 27, 2012
For those living in big cities, Paraiso Travel, brings the hard reality of many around us.
January 27, 2012
Really interesting movie. It's about a young Colombian guy who follows his beautiful girlfriend on a perilous journey to enter the United States illegally. When they arrive, they stay in a rundown hostel in Brooklyn, New York. After an argument with her and a run-in with NYPD, Marlon takes off running and gets lost. It isn't 100% clear exactly how long they are away from each other but Marlon, while ceaselessly looking for Reina, begins a new life with a new love interest.

The movie jumps back and forth between scenes of the past and the present. We are shown the rough and deadly trek that immigrants take to get into the United States, and the people along the way who take advantage of them in various ways. But, at least in the beginning, we don't understand why Reina is so hell-bent on going to the U.S. in the first place because both she and Marlon come from a decent home-life, with parents who care about them and nice houses. Reina's reason for leaving is revealed towards the end of the movie in an interesting little twist. But Marlon's reason for tagging along with her can be summed up like this: he *really* wanted to hit that. Reina essentially uses her body and the promise of sex to get Marlon to drop everything for her. Throughout the movie you begin to realize that Marlon is a moron but at least he's a somewhat sympathetic moron.

The plot is very interesting and even believable. I can just picture a person wandering around New York City, alone and scared, unable to speak English, while trying to find one person in a city of millions (needle in a haystack). There's some really good acting here but it doesn't evoke too much emotion --besides "Marlon, you're a freaking idiot" moments. No tear-jerking, heart-string-pulling moments. Lot of boob-age, so beware.They are also really fond of the word "fag" so be warned if you're really sensitive about that word.
December 16, 2011
No es por ser despectivo pero esta bien realizada a comparación de las acostumbradas y hoy en día abundantes películas colombianas, creo que maneja con seriedad la temática de la inmigración ilegal y sus consecuencias. Muy buena historia y bien actuada.
November 7, 2011
:D me encanta esta pelcula...
½ August 6, 2011
Annoying in some moments...
½ May 21, 2011
Great story with an eye opener of reality for some people that make the wrong choices.
February 21, 2011
A fun ride to a cliche finish.Well acted and sexy.
February 1, 2011
Mas q una pelcula parece un documental sobre las consecuencias de cruzar las fronteras ilegalmente.
½ October 22, 2010
Decente pelcula sobre la inmigracin.
August 24, 2010
Powerfully gripping movie of a young man's illegal journey into the USA from Colombia where he and his girlfriend find themselves situated in Brooklyn. Unable to speak English, he found himself confronted by police and after running away from them throughout the city, he is lost and cannot find his way back to the hostel he was living in with his girlfriend who is carrying his child.

I love Columbian cinema and enjoyed this seductive movie of a man's survival in the streets of Brooklyn.

This is a visually intense movie that doesn't have a single slow moment.
June 1, 2010
I loved this movies. One of the best immigration themed movies I have seen
May 23, 2010
Stylishly filmed, the performances are good, the story is nothing special though. The characters are nicely developed. I didn?t always stay interested, it has some slow stretches, but still it?s a decent film.
May 18, 2010
D las pocas películas Colombianas q realment m han llegado a gustar... Muy cruda realidad, pero muy buena historia...
May 13, 2010
I freaking loved this movie
It's not like that's how Colombia's reality is, most of Colombians don't dream about going to the US, that's mexican stuff..
but the roles were awesome, i liked the end, but it was somehow uncompleted, i would have liked it more if it have being a little bit longer.
However, this movie is worth watching.
½ May 1, 2010
Surprisingly entertaining!!
April 28, 2010
entertaining dramatic film about a young illegal immigrant journey in america.