World's Greatest Dad Reviews

• Sep 23, 2019

Robin Williams is good. But the plot isn't

Robin Williams is good. But the plot isn't

• Sep 13, 2019

Ok I get the beginning, but the end made really no sense.....why?

Ok I get the beginning, but the end made really no sense.....why?

• Jul 27, 2019

Very dark & morbid yet hilarious RIP Robin Williams.

Very dark & morbid yet hilarious RIP Robin Williams.

• Mar 15, 2019

Robin Williams was not originally supposed to have the lead role but after reading the script he took the lead role and rightfully so because he does a wonderful performance. It is a very dark comedy that will shock you when you first see it because the freak accident in mind is totally unexpected. Bobcat Goldthwait wrote a really good script and it was clear he wanted a dark comedy that will shock you. Bobcat Goldthwait has changed his image from Zed in Police Academy to writing a dark and yet shocking comedy.

• Oct 25, 2018

I'm not really a movie person, I hate going to the cinema and all the actors look exactly the same. But I do leave pluto.tv on for some background noise while I'm working, and this movie came on. And I stopped working and got really caught up in it. It's the second Bobcat Goldthwait movie that caught me offguard with how perfect it was, how many little details there were to mull over, how many little things could be misunderstood if they aren't examined and make you understand how the characters hit so many misunderstandings by not looking carefully. I'm not a movie critic or an expert on anything to do with entertainment and media, but the end scene with robin williams leaving the auditorium to queen's Under Pressure, his expressions and everything he did, was just such a perfect ending to such a wild movie. His son's annoying behavior, the fact that his girlfriend couldn't be bothered to support him through a tragedy, the way that no one cared what he was going through until they had some way to relate it to themselves, to make it about themselves was the only way they could care about another person, that was perfect. I think of this movie like a grown up and realistic version of donnie darko.

• Aug 13, 2018

More depressing then funny. I am not sure why this one is so critically acclaimed. I was almost disturbed from some of the elements of the film.

• Aug 07, 2018

Touching movie, mixing feelings, frequent laughing and a good plot.

Touching movie, mixing feelings, frequent laughing and a good plot.

• Apr 09, 2018

World's Greatest Dad dares you to sit back and laugh at it's absurdity. It actively punishes you for taking it too seriously. The strongest features of this film come from the well portrayed awkwardness shared by every actor. This film feels uncomfortably realistic as you follow a man who's lost something and gains nothing. It's painfully hard to swallow everything as it comes in a moment by moment basis. It's a strong showcase of dramatic irony that stays captivating until the bitter, brood end. Make sure to give this one a watch, very easily an underrated classic from the late Robin Williams.

• Oct 11, 2017

A great performance from Robin Williams. Such an emotional, deep, comedic film.

A great performance from Robin Williams. Such an emotional, deep, comedic film.

• Oct 10, 2017