Kobe Doin' Work - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kobe Doin' Work Reviews

½ June 18, 2013
Loved seeing the inside workings of the game & of a basketball genius, even if it does lack some drama. This is for the basketball junkie more than the layperson.
June 2, 2012
This movie was pretty much Kobe giving himself a handjob. I was extremely disappointed with the fact that Spike Lee attached his name to this project.
March 2, 2012
It was pretty awesome. Though it did not show any "real" insights into kobe's life and it was a bit too long, it was still worth watching. Even though i'm not a lakers fan let alone kobe fan, i enjoyed it. You can hate him or love him, but you gotta respect this guy =)
January 7, 2012
The most blatant propaganda film since Triumph of the Will.
½ August 28, 2011
i think this mpvie could have been way better. its basically watching a really good version of a laker game. this movie is pretty hard to find too. i was disapointef
April 17, 2011
great stuff to watch for all basketball fans...much much better than lebrick's documentary
March 15, 2011
You really have to like basketball to appreciate it. It's basically replaying a game with Kobe "mic'd" up and explaining how Lakers "do work". Shows Kobe's true leadership on the team. Wish there was more off the court footage.
February 16, 2011
Get inside of Kobe's while he's in "Black Mamba" mode.
½ January 1, 2011
As a lifelong Laker fan (thanks to Magic), I probably enjoyed this film much more than, say, someone from Boston or San Antonio would. Giving Spike Lee access to 30 cameras allowed for a compelling look at a single basketball game and he did a fine job of turning this average regular season game into something approaching art. Unfortunately, Kobe's commentary didn't create any real story line nor did it provide any true insight and it just felt like I was watching a game with a talkative buddy. 5/19/9
December 7, 2010
the best player in the nba in an average movie/documentary
½ April 22, 2010
As much as I hate the dude he IS the arguable the best player in the game right now. I have watched a ton of ball games and many Kobe performances. Even his 81 against the Raptors. But to hear him be so vocal and see what he does not only on the floor but off the court I understand why hes the man. Hes like a director on the court.
A bit dull though. To watch an entire game flat out like that gets slow at times. Entertaining though.
February 1, 2010
Maybe this would of been better if was set out a few games. Kobe does work 24/7 at the gym, in the media spotlight, not only on the basketball court. I also don't think his relationship with Sasha is that glamorous either!
I'm not pissed off because he bet my favourite team in the world (San Antonio Spurs) but yeah I think Spike Lee did a fantastic job. I just wish that he had more of his way in the movie. Because there is so much I would love to know what happens inside the mind of Kobe. I just felt like it was more Kobe playin ball than Kobe Doin Work. Don't get me if I'm wrong the movie had potential heaps of potential but it was wasted potential. Bring on LeBron's series of BronBron doin' work!
December 26, 2009
The most blatant propaganda film since Triumph of the Will.
½ December 3, 2009
A very interesting look into a game in the life of Kobe Bryant. He is just having fun playing basketball. It is good to see his past transgressions are a thing of the past and he is back to being the number 2 in basketball history. In my opinion of course.
½ December 2, 2009
As a lover of team sports myself, this was a pretty fascinating documentary to me. It was extremely interesting to see what Bryant goes through in a game of basketball. I was blown away how calm he is during a game and how much fun he seems to be having, even during an important NBA match. I can only respect the man's passion. The atmosphere between all the players was also incredible, I wish every team played in such high spirits.

For me, this film reminded how important it is to still have fun and enjoy the experience of playing. What the hell is the point of doing anything, if you only get pissed off as a result? I will try to remedy that situation in my own activities. Great documentary, not because of any special content, but because of the positive message.
November 7, 2009
KOBE THE BEST THIER IS
November 2, 2009
Kobe is THE best player ever!!!!!
September 15, 2009
Its pretty interesting to watch what goes on off the ball and Kobe's commentary adds some nice insight without being too heavy handed.
½ September 7, 2009
Kobe i a good player but no actor.. Thats a tv series not a movie
August 18, 2009
Quite original but best suited for hardcore NBA fans. It focuses heavily on Kobe's experiences directly on the court, so someone with a casual interest in basketball may find this too specific. And of course, if you hate Kobe Bryant, you won't enjoy it.