Despicable Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Despicable Me Reviews

February 17, 2017
One of my favorite animated movies it's the best
½ February 11, 2017
(First and only viewing - 12/18/2010)
February 5, 2017
I really did I loved this movie Gru was awesome in The film the minions were awesome Seriously This movie was good!
January 26, 2017
Despicable Me to bring a smile to viewers corners of the mouth, and perhaps also other feelings. Minions will bring joy, especially, and the other main characters are colorful. The plot runs really well and does not derogate from any peculiar or inventiveness. Despicable Me movies are a gold mine, which Universal Pictures has earned for himself.
Authors and amusing gibberish-speaking Minions movie Pierre Coffin are geniuses.
½ January 23, 2017
Despicable Me is a movie that is enjoyed by a lot of dumb children who are easily pleased by looking at a walking lemon that does clumsy things and hurts themselves. Despicable Me is a movie with terrible animation and hurts to look at. On a more positive note, the jokes are pretty good for the most part, the voice isn't terrible, the plot is okay, it's a fine movie. In conclusion, I didn't really see what was so special about Despicable Me and it gets a 5/10.
January 22, 2017
Just brilliant. The whole family loves it. Can watch it again and again.
½ January 15, 2017
Gru is amazing but this is take much hard on them, it nothing special some other control main advantages what another or not, l am not to be fault this is good movie.
January 15, 2017
Ffyfffcgg cczbggghvgvgvv v. V. G the same same time
January 13, 2017
A good film! I like the comedy, animation, story, and it has some surprises!
½ January 1, 2017
A good film needs to be enjoyable by children and adults, and while sometimes witty and entertaining, the second and third acts are easy to sleep through.
December 26, 2016
I don't who can hate this movie, but this is better than Frozen!
½ December 18, 2016
It's eh. Nothing stands out really, it's just bland and forgettable. It's a good distraction with plenty of random humor to make Little Timmy squeal. It serves it's purpose. Lord knows why it needs sequels.
December 12, 2016
When Gru steals the moon above the set of Despicable Me, tides stop, surfers fall, and we enter an imaginary world close enough to reality to comment on it. Throughout the film, the line between "good" and "evil" is blurred, leaving the viewer to question their own assumptions regarding criminality.

Gru, a supervillain who dreamed of stealing the moon since childhood, adopts three orphaned girls to execute his grand scheme. As the film unfolds, we see why the cold exoskeleton of this world-class criminal was formed: a lifelong search for his mother's approval. And as LED frequencies illuminate my son in slack-jawed awe, I wonder briefly why I've allowed us to spend one of our precious moments together in front of a screen.

As I chew over a microcosm of my parenting, the film trails this paradigm-shifting heist and I find in the plot a deeper reason to the evening's entertainment. The subversion of reality makes it both preposterous and worthwhile to put critical thought into the plot of Despicable Me, the first collaboration between Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin. In 2010 they turned Sergio Pablo's storyline into $500 million profit and launched the first film of the Despicable Me franchise. I can't help but look with excitement into my son's future, a place where creative visions become wellsprings of wealth with just the right combination of vision, collaboration, and discipline. I want him to learn that he is not a consumer of culture but a producer of it, and that relaxation can include critical thought. I jot down notes while he reaches for popcorn.

Abstraction plays a crucial role in problem solving. By humanizing the characters typically presented as villains, the film proposes that there are no bad people, just bad actions. And the simplicity of this value holds transformative power for many issues we face in the "real world." Perhaps - between popcorn and tooth - a kernel of truth slips in, too.
½ December 2, 2016
With a nice animation style, a charming story and enough to enjoy for all ages, this film manages to entertain and be enjoyable.
November 25, 2016
Didn't even want to watch the whole thing
November 20, 2016
A movie for all family
½ November 14, 2016
Loved it! Witty, funny, and worth the watch.
November 5, 2016
A fresh new kind of animation people can be looking for!
½ October 14, 2016
To be honest I feel like the girls look cuter than the minions. Gru is a fun guy. A pretty good try for Universal before grouped up with DreamWorks help. It kinda sucks that Illumination entertainment cannot release something better than this and its sequel. Looks like Universal's theme park is stuck with this franchise and Shrek before the DreamWorks' flagships like Dreamworks Dragons, king fu panda, Madagascar, and maybe Trolls, Peabody, The Croods, and Rise of the Guardians come in.
½ September 25, 2016
it is amazing the minions are funny and the story is great