Après lui - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Après lui Reviews

October 25, 2013
Devastating! An intimate and powerfull drama superbly acted by the Queen of cinema.
½ July 18, 2013
Deneuve's powerful performance is worth watching in this extremely unhappy film.
½ June 7, 2013
Catherine Deneuve's is as dependable as ever...
March 3, 2012
Why do I do this to myself? I blame the subtitles!! Anyone know a good joke??
June 13, 2011
Catherine Deneuve saves this movie with her astonishing screen persona.
November 14, 2010
Catherine Deneuve can elevate any film she's in with her performance. In "Apres Lui", she's a grieving mother who struggles to move on with her life after her college-aged son is killed in a car accident. The script, co-written by Christopher Honore, falls a bit flat, but manages to bring us a unique story of mourning that merges with obsession and misdirected grief.
½ October 20, 2010
Not even Deneuve can make this movie interesting. The character development was mediocre and Ã?lodie Bouchez was completely underused. The idea was good but it needed more meat for us to chew on.
August 31, 2010
Disappointing. I usually love Catherine Deneuve's films.
July 28, 2010
the plot and mood do not work me.
January 24, 2010
obsessed? just annoying.
August 20, 2009
½ June 9, 2009
After the death of her son, a desperate mother becomes obsessed with his best friend. Dark and amazingly played by Catherine Deneuve.
½ January 26, 2009
Deneuve gives a flawless performance in an otherwise flat and predictable tale
January 1, 2009
The story is a little bit hollow (but you can also read it as one of the characteristics of typical French Cinema whereas everything is as plain as every day life), yet repressing. Catherine Deneuve is still fabulous. Beth Gibbons' [Mysteries] (song) certainly did move a lot.
½ November 25, 2008
A story of a mother (Catherine Deneuve) overcoming the death of her son, who becomes obsessed with his best friend. Strange, sad and raw. Deneuve builds an extremely believable character.
½ July 8, 2008
Reminds me of Todo Sobre Mi Madre but much sadder because... dah, it's a French movie. The storytelling is good and the movie would fall plain if without Deneuve's excellent acting.
July 3, 2008
very nice!
a suffering mother behavior most like!
very interesting, alittle bit crazy!
½ June 29, 2008
Catherine D. makes this film.....she is the dame!
June 18, 2008
film moyen mais deneuve bluffante
June 12, 2008