Carriers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carriers Reviews

½ August 7, 2010
Carriers is a film that exists somewhere between Stephen King's The Stand and the zombie genre. There are zombielike elements to the infection, but the characters never become actual zombies. Still, Carriers is a film about the fear of pandemics, viral warfare, etc. What makes it original is that Carriers focuses almost exclusively on its characters and their psychological reactions. A powerful meditation on the nature of ethics when people are forced into extreme circumstances--do we still adhere to the age-old definitions of humanity and morality or do such ideas disappear along with civilization? A bleak and perhaps even nihilistic portrayal of humanity in the face of apocalypse, Carriers is a powerful if somewhat flawed piece of horror cinema.
½ August 5, 2010
Had reasonably decent hopes for this from the trailer. Pity it turned out to be a tedious waste of life.
½ August 4, 2010
the characters are like pretty convincing. Is this an adaptation of Patrick Lynch's novel with the same title? idk. but overall, i like this movie as much as liked 28 days later and any other superb post-apocalyptic films. i give it 4 stars and half!!
August 4, 2010
Pretty boring. I only liked it for Christopher Meloni. :)
August 3, 2010
A realistic look at the effects of a global pandemic. Not a film for hardcore horror fans who may be disappointed by the lack of ... Well, anything scary, but is worth a watch anyway.
August 3, 2010
the film is very low key which suits the style of film that the filmmakers are creating. my main issue was the lack of emotion missing from the main characters. for a film about the end of the world its quite sad that a little compassion doesn't hold the film together.
the film is quite good and worth watching because it does paint a vivid picture on survival and the grim world which would become once life goes to anarchy.
the setting is dark with a lack of humour which i feel suits the film. critics pointed out the humourless plot but they are idiots, the whole idea of this story is to show survival and the means.
the father daughter first part is intriguing and should of featured more heavily as its the only real heartfelt part of the movie. i enjoyed the film but thats as far as it will go, the lack of emotional does limit the caring factor. better then expected but a better script could created something scarier and deeper.
August 3, 2010
Got it as a Redbox assuming it would be a stupid horror movie. Surprised me by being pretty decent
½ August 2, 2010
I really had low expectations for this movie seeing that it got a very limited release and I only saw the trailer for it once in tv. From what I've heard the reason it got a limited release was because there were some problems at the studio where it was produced. It's more of a drama/thriller than a horror. It isnt really scary, it just has a lot of emotionally intense(sad) scenes and some disturbing scenes involving the possible death of children(implied mostly). The four main characters are good and the plot is ok.
½ August 2, 2010
love these kind of films
July 31, 2010
gr8 movie, gr8 story
July 30, 2010
Not much horror, no zombies and Pine doesnt take his top off... Need I say more? Not totally a waste of time though so won't demand my 90 mins back;-)
July 29, 2010
Slett ikke værst "epedemifilm". Its a dog eats dog world her,empatien er lagt på hylla til fordel for overlevelses innstinktet,rett så usentimental til glossy Amerikafilm å være.Herlig smådystert !
July 29, 2010
A brutish and fast paced re-tread of the themes from "28 Days Later" with a largely obnoxious cast of young American actors. Chris Meloni is always worth watching in a short role but this is a grim and rather charmless episode. Future "Kirk" Chris Pine is certainley both brash and buff but far from a convincing leading man
July 28, 2010
nothing new here, but it was entertaining...
July 28, 2010
I liked this because it seemed more realistic than zombie/disease films out there. It was gripping because of how sad and hopeless people were and really made you think what you would do in the situation. Following 4 young friends as they try to survive and follow the rules of survival was at times exciting and at others sickening. It brings to light what some people would do just to survive, even if it meant sacrificing the ones they love. As in many apocalyptic films, it brings out a sickening side to humanity when chaos occurs and while I give it props for it's fear factor, one thing that bothered me about this movie is the choices some of the characters make. Some are plain stupid and others are kind of heartless. Creative and gripping in many respects.
½ July 26, 2010
Carriers was a great viral infection movie, tho it may have not had the best theatrical release. It helps that the main character in this movie is the main character in the new Star Trek. (Chris Pine) I think it helped that I waited too long in my mind to see this. With that and not having too much expectation I enjoyed most of this movie.
½ July 26, 2010
This is an edgy, gritty post pandemic thriller. However, it could be accused of being a little slow with not alot happening, but if you follow through with it it's a pretty decent and rather sad story. It asks some deep questions about human nature and the survival of the fittest. A rather static but edgy and tense thriller!
½ July 24, 2010
Overall "Carriers" was not bad at all. It seems fairly realistic for a apocalyptic plague movie and it was easy to relate to the characters. Chris Pine was great in this film, and Christopher Meloni also did a fine job in a supporting role as a distressed father. Sure we deal with the same issues as any post apocalyptic film: moral ambiguity, survival instinct, etc, but "Carriers" handles it well. The problem with the film is you just felt at some point it would have been all the more awesome if some zombies poked out, but all in all the film almost delivers with great locations and a logical story. That is probably another issue with this film: It's not scary at all. "Carriers" peters out at the end with a flat ending but it's a noble effort from the Pastor brothers. 2.85 stars.
½ July 24, 2010
How dare they tease us into thinking it's zombies! This film was horrible.
July 24, 2010
I never thought I'd say that but the "Zombie" is the only thing that really ruins the awesomeness of this movie.