Carriers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carriers Reviews

½ January 22, 2010
A little more realistic than a zombie flick. Some renegade virus could make the world a "survival of the fittest" ordeal. A very interesting story with some nice reveals. Paul Chambers, CNN.
January 22, 2010
Another film dealing in apocalyptic themes, this time without the zombies. Basically, if you are looking for an uplifting or cheery experience - steer well clear of this. It's one of the most overtly dour and depressing flicks I've seen in a long while - but it's also probably quite realistic. The plot is generally fairly simple - it's a road movie, in which the four characters are trying to get to an isolated childhood haunt, to live out the remainder of their lives after a killer disease has all but devastated the world. The film conveys the hopelessness of the situation remarkably well, and the performances are all convincing. Not an enjoyable experience by any means, but worth the duress.
January 21, 2010
gory, creepy flick,, good for those who like that kind of thing
January 21, 2010
ok i love Piper Perabo @ the best of times
but in this movies she was like OMG!! amazing watch it EVERYONE :)
Been there, seen that!
January 20, 2010
very good!!!! creepy in the sense of that could actually happen. I <3 pucci!
½ January 20, 2010
Surprisingly good acting but no plot. BORING.
January 20, 2010
wow another stupid zombie movie!
½ January 20, 2010
In epoca di pandemia, allā??apocalisse non sono necessari i morti viventi. Discesa allā??inferno e legge della sopravvivenza in una pellicola che non lascia il segno.
January 20, 2010
Films like Carriers are interesting. For one reason or another, the studio didn't think enough of it to give it a wide release.

I always find that interesting when I look at all the garbage that hits our silver screen every weekend. What makes some films worthy and other not?

Carriers isn't your typical apocalypse movie and that's probably why nobody got behind it. It's not a horror film. There aren't hordes of infected people running around trying to kill people.

Carriers is about survival. How far will we go to survive? What kind of choices will we be forced to make in order stay alive?

It's also a film about brotherhood.

It's a shame a movie like Carriers never got to see the light of day. On the bright side, it's nice to see that it won't get totally buried among the thousands of other films out there.

You can find Carriers at a Redbox near you for just a buck.

If you like films of a similar nature, then you should like this one. Just don't expect tons of zombie action.
½ January 20, 2010
No explanation for the virus what-so-ever. In fact the virus itself is a mystery, none of it is ever explained. But the message of the film is clear. It would be a little more powerful if they fleshed out all their plot elements. There was so much not explored. They shouldn't have tried so hard to make it like 28 Days Later.
½ January 20, 2010
Thought it was pretty good.
½ January 20, 2010
Piper Perabo...not a catching enough character. I actually liked NO characters in this film, the main character Chris Pine was terrible, and an ASS the entire way through.There was nothing known about the virus, you just knew it was easily contagious...there were TWO parts in the whole movie that made me squirm a little with 'ehh! no dont! parts! lol...but that was it. Christopher Meloni was the only character I was looking forward to in the movie, all of the characters ...once they left and you thought they'd be back, but that was it! So dont expect to see them again! I wish I had known more about the virus, the why, where and WHAT.Christopher Meloni, 3rd film presentation I saw...and his best, still remains law&order SVU.
½ January 20, 2010
Someone please tell me this was a student film...in which case, kudos. But Hollywood?! You fail at life, even harder than this sad attempt at movie-ing.
January 20, 2010
I did see it. It was okay until the ending. Such a disappointment.
January 20, 2010
Ooh Plague flick, niiiice....
January 19, 2010
A zombie movie without zombies. By this I mean it has the setup of a zombie film without the payoff, which in this case isnā??t a bad thing, it just could have been a much better thing. This film was an attempt to explore the darker, survival driven side of humanity, and it did this very well for the most part. The movie gave no answers as to how this happened or any of the typical questions associated with movies like this, but for good effect here, because the characters donā??t seem to know any answers either. This appeared super low budget, which makes me wonder why the plot was more, grim, for lack of better words. It was a dark film, but I think it could have gone much further for its own benefit. The acting was good, the dialogue not so much. Really, take it or leave it, could have been a lot worse and a lot better.
January 19, 2010
Pretty good for a Craizes ripoff.
January 19, 2010
another virus movie sheesh!
½ January 19, 2010
these movies they make about the destruction of america by some disease or natural disaster they better pray they dont come true