Carriers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carriers Reviews

August 20, 2017
A typical virus movie...Always the same shit
May 29, 2017
When a virus threatens to wipe out humanity, Danny (Lou Taylor Pucci), his brother Brian (Chris Pine), and their friends Bobby (Piper Perabo) and Kate (Emily VanCamp) set out across the desert in the Southwest, trying to elude the pandemic. Over the course of several days, the four friends learn that the darkness within themselves may prove deadlier than any microbe.
January 23, 2017
Made in 2006 and shelved until 2009, when star Chris Pine became the new Captain Kirk, this film has been forgotten. And not deservedly so. It's difficult to classify. Not enough blood and guts for fans of the average "end of the world" screamfest, and not enough focus on the wide dystopian world for sci-fi buffs. More than any other horror film about the end times, the focus is on the characters, the struggles, the good times ("Dawn of the Dead" type adventures fill the middle section), and, most heartbreaking of all, the times when they must put aside human decency in order to live another day. The ending is mighty sad (no spoilers, but I can tell you there's no "happy ever after" here.) I suppose that's why this film was not successful: it doesn't have the gore of horror or the superfantistic future shock of sci-fi, making it hard to classify. Not to mention the doomsday aspects of the hard decisions made by the characters. Definitely not something to watch for a riproaring fun time. But absolutely worth a look if you want to see what happens when human drama is the one thing not wiped out when seemingly all else is.
January 4, 2017
It feels like a crossover between Eli Roth's Cabin Fever (2002) and Ruben Fleischer's Zombieland (2009). But the overall result is a movie that I found to be pretty uneven, some moments are good, but some just put me to sleep. But that doesn't mean it's bad, it's still an alright film, I especially praise the acting, and the well written characters. It's worth a good look.
November 8, 2016
My suspension of disbelief went out the window within 5 minutes. Oooh let's waste the bullets of the only gun we have.
August 18, 2016
I loved this movie :-)
June 3, 2016
Honestly not a whole lot happens, and the things that do happen are crazy underdeveloped. But with characters as realistic and engaging as this, Carriers can make it work.
April 7, 2016
A coherent apocalyptic film.
½ January 19, 2016
Atmospheric and engaging but not much thought provoking. We get it, man is man's poison -Jean-Jacques Rouessau mentioned that before.
December 25, 2015
Ooh, my brother just told me I need to watch this.
December 22, 2015
Solid survival thriller with solid performances, especially Pine's. Worth a watch or two
½ November 4, 2015
I hate when movies include a plethora of really DUMB decisions by the actors in order to move the plot forward....

This movie is FILLED with illogical actions... it feels LAZY....
August 5, 2015
Extremely depressing and dull
½ June 9, 2015
My tablet had a problem and I had to wipe my memory and now Flixster won't let me re download this movie...it's to the same bloody account. That's stupid. :(
March 24, 2015
This was pretty good movie, but little boring at times.
January 15, 2015
#dawnsetrated this movie is so good and different I actually liked it a lot but the whole story is more about karma than the virus but yea it's a grate gory movie that will leave you feeling like crying in the end is sad movie that you will love
½ December 23, 2014
Meh... it was alright. didn't hate it, worth a cuddle on the couch. not a fan of the ending or lack of storyline.
½ November 11, 2014
I liked the story. I wish it was longer and went deeper into what had happen to the world but I still enjoyed it. I have watched this at least the times and everyone that I have recommended it has enjoyed it as well.
½ November 7, 2014
Good movie, a lot better than I though.
½ October 19, 2014
The best thing I can say about this movie is I'm glad it was less than 90 minutes long. The film couldn't even be saved with this cast.