Reviews

• Nov 20, 2021

Essentially a teen movie, "Carriers" tells the story of four young people dealing with a super-contagious virus that has wiped out most of humanity. The four, wearing masks, have somehow avoided getting infected and are on the run in New Mexico to an oceanside place where people are supposedly safe from the disease. So we not only have to deal with yet still another doomsday movie; we also have to put up with the idiotic, immature behavior of college-aged kids. None of them are very sympathetic, which doesn't leave us much to care about. Everything is typical post-apocalypse: All the gas stations are dry; all the stores and hotels are empty. Traveling in an abandoned car, the kids (Chris Pine, Lou Taylor Pucci, Piper Perabo, Emily Van Camp) encounter a father (Christopher Meloni) who is trying to get his sick little girl some help, and later, some survivors in hazmat suits who steal the little bit of gas they have left. The deal is, anyone who has the virus is super contagious and must either be killed or left to die on their own. So Brian, the group's leader, played by Pine, abandons Meloni and his daughter, and he abandons his girlfriend (Perabo) who became infected trying to help Meloni's little girl. These would obviously be agonizing decisions, but Brian is so pragmatic, there isn't that much drama. It's all about survival at any cost, which means hijacking the few people they meet on the highway, including two Christian ladies who have guns and aren't hesitant to use them. Implausibilities aside (the group wears cheap paper masks that painters use, and how does the maskless Meloni not have the virus?, etc.), it's hard to get invested in the protagonists because they're so young and narcissistic. I suppose younger viewers will relate to them better than I did. I wanted to spank them. The cinematography is excellent, making the movie more watchable than it should be. And forget about a happy ending.

• Nov 13, 2021

Fairly harrowing for such a low budget flick. There are no special effects per se, but that is irrelevant to the story. Acting is decent, but geez, this flick is a bit dark. It sounds like they are saying everyone is an asshole when crap hits the fan, except maybe the dad.

• Oct 21, 2021

Watching this movie in the wake of Covid-19, it's really not that bad, I actually quite enjoyed it. It's subtle in all the best ways, not the bombastic, paranoid fare Americans usually dish up when it comes to 'contagion' movies. It's a well paced and gritty with thought provoking ideas... and the acting isn't bad either. Good job to the filmmakers!

• Jun 08, 2021

Quite trivial film and ending in terrible tragedy without a real sense. In the end, the film tries to teach us a lesson in brotherhood but it teaches us that it is better not to trust people and do it alone and that everyone is terribly selfish. In conclusion the film is acceptable but nothing special

• Apr 24, 2021

Eh... not much to say about this. It rose to its budget. That's all.

Eh... not much to say about this. It rose to its budget. That's all.

• Tim R
    Jan 21, 2021

Could have been more action and alittle more Adventure. Should have showed more of there past before they got to were they were. But all and all a good movie. The ending was very touching

• Dec 09, 2020

Boring . Bad writing . Good acting

Boring . Bad writing . Good acting

• Oct 26, 2020

A long boring movie with no ending.

A long boring movie with no ending.

• Oct 18, 2020

This movie was really boring. A little bit of sad moments, but not really much of anything else.

• Sep 01, 2020

Before I get into this review I want to say that I don't want to give this movie a score but I can't for some reason . So if I give it a 3 or lower it'll be like I hated the movie which I didn't at all. The people disagree with me but seeing this during the quarantine right now that everybody has to go through is scary and I'm trying to watch all the pandemic movies. So I started off with this and it's not a bad movie. Yes this movie has a lot of dumb decisions but for some reason my brain wants the characters to move on and adapt from their bad situations. Many movies would skip over that but this movie was smart with its situations and it made for a compelling kinda scary movie. I really felt for Chris pine and his wife in this movie. Oh and i can't forget about the kid and his dad at the beginning. I just hope that this movie doesn't turn into real life. That would just suck.