Love Aaj Kal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Aaj Kal Reviews

April 16, 2016
Good romantic-drama movie, but the pacing is sometimes fast, and sometimes very slow.
½ October 9, 2014
Oh no! Recycles a storyline like Break ke Baad's and Dil Chahta Hai's - An 'I don't want you now but later I will want you after all and interrupt your marriage' story! Long and Constipated :(
May 24, 2014
this is just an awsome movie , d dialogs are just awsome, nd the act done by both , really awsome... songs are on the top..
½ June 29, 2013
Love Story with a convoluted screen play but an interesting script
May 22, 2013
This Love never Aaaj or Kal
March 5, 2013
No Comments Needed :)
January 19, 2013
don't get what the criticism was all about.........
love aaj kal had some nice characters nd pretty much satisfying plot though not the best. overlooking a few boring moments, it doesn't seem stretched at all nd for a bollywood movie, it is not that bad at all.
November 19, 2012
only for excellent work of imtiaz Ali
September 29, 2012
i saw this movie 10 times every time i like it more before.
August 4, 2012
It was quite late to release in Sri Lanka!:-(
June 22, 2012
I love the soundtrack. In my country I watched this movie with the title "Modern Love". From translation lyrics I relived emotions of the past and I enjoyed the beauty of the gift received.
½ May 31, 2012
I have to say Deepika Padukon's acting is VERY annoying.
½ February 10, 2012
farigh tareen :@ still deepika was looking daym hot ;)
October 6, 2011
Boring bollywood love movie.
October 3, 2011
Colourful but well-used romantic plot out of Bollywood.
½ June 29, 2011
another ghatiya movie
April 30, 2011
it's amazing :P so romantic i love it Jai and Meera are young, in love, and are at a good place in their relationship until things begin to get too comfortable for Jai. With each having their own set of dreams and goals, they never planned for their future so the two end their relationship. As Meera leaves for India to pursue a restoration job, Jai meets Veer (who shares his own relationship experience). Two years later, Meera and Jai meet, and spend time together, in India. As love resurfaces, Meera is about to marry and Jai is on vacation with his present girlfriend. Realizing that Jai will not change, Meera decides to marry and put the past and Jai behind her. It is the dream job in San Francisco, and being alone, that realization sets in: Meera is the love of his life.
Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Rishi Kapoor, and Rahul Khanna stars. Worthy!
April 3, 2011
2009 really was a year of change for Bollywood. New ideas came up, there was more experimenting - also caused by the financial crisis. It was "in", to dare something, to try out new things. "Love Aaj Kal" seems to mark a counter trend at this point. After opening a window of fresh air for the indian film territory with "Jab We Met", it seems as if Imtiaz Ali became greedy. Greedy for success and money (which "Love Aaj Kal" actually did bring in), and therefore, he wanted to play it safe. What was earned with "Jab We Met", is spent on stars, costumes and sets for this film.
Imtiaz Ali does the opposite of, what Karan Johar does: Karans films were very pompous and extensive to begin with (but still good), now he keeps up with the times by reducing the glam-factor a little. If "Love Aaj Kal" would only be half as good as "K3G" or "KKHH", but it isn't. However, the film wants to impress. Saif Ali Khan is, to be sure, witty and sympathetic as ever, but his naturalness has vanished after his latest beauty surgery. And Deepika Padukone, whom I did like in "Om Shanti Om", has been on the list of rather bad newcomers since "Bachna Ae Haseeno", at least speaking of more critical audiences. She's a beauty, no doubt, but I would recommend staying away from the acting business (if not, stick to smaller roles). Then they added a story that's only fancy concerning the on/off phenomena, which hasn't been discussed in too many movies lately. Pritam has also composed better stuff before... one or two songs less wouldn't have given the film any damage.
Off course, there are positive aspects as well; the parallel story of Veer and Harleen is quite cute and makes the film a little more interesting. Likewise, Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor-Singh are always nice to watch [new comment: I'm not so sure about Rishi anymore, after seeing "Deewana"], especially Neetu hasn't been seen for a long time (longer than I've been on this earth). And last but not least, the film is enjoyable - you don't need to use your brains very much, and you can look at either Saif or Deepika. Laugh a little, or even cry a little (depending on your mind)... cineatic fast-food, that is. But for all that, there are better fast-food-fillums.
½ March 25, 2011
This movie has solid production, a sweet premise, and a great soundtrack, but is plagued by selfish characters, although maybe that's what makes it so honest.
½ February 20, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The parallel stories of the past relationship and the current relationship was a great addition to demonstrate the never changing ordeal that make up human relationships.