Casi Divas (Road to Fame) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casi Divas (Road to Fame) Reviews

March 23, 2016
la verdad, me encanta esta peli, aunque no sea tan buena
December 30, 2011
This is great movie, not a silly comedy of girls seeking fame, it makes some important points about Mexico, social and show business.
Though the movie keeps a very pleasant, funny and entertaining story line without getting in to the drama.
November 25, 2011
Casi Divas is as progressive as movies go. With the right mix of satire, humor, drama and politics; the movie as a whole delivers one of the most rewarding one hour and forty-six minutes of my life. The cast is fabulous. The delivery was never serious but the political messages of the movie are weighty--which the director and actors found a good balance. I'm a new fan of Issa López.
½ April 25, 2011
Muy graciosa, nos gusto!
½ December 15, 2010
very enjoyable Mexican comedy/drama (mainly drama) about a few young women from very different walks of life who compete to a get a movie role
½ September 17, 2010
no, no, no, no, no, no... trilladísima, nada inventiva y, para acabarla, clasista/machista a morir.
½ September 17, 2010
This "mexican movie" is like an other american supid comedy the characrers are complety americans its STUPID
½ August 30, 2010
Si,me pareció bien.
½ June 4, 2010
Isn't that bad for a mexican movie
May 28, 2010
Una de las mejores películas mexicanas que he visto. Buen libreto, fotografía y actuación. Retrata muy bien las situaciones de cada región. Divertida y a la vez con un buen mensaje :)
½ December 30, 2009
If you're looking for an eye-opening art-film about strange customs and to be captivated by its soundtrack, or elegance, simply 'cause it's foreign... keep searching. However, Casi Divas, is very enjoyable for what it is, a cheap chick flick with a nasty dose of political correctness, pretty characters and a sassy mouth. lol Dubbing was a little dubious, but easily fixable by using subtitles instead. Although it had some gray areas that forced me to think, (usually not very good for a bubble-gum flick), I think what saved it for me was the very interesting casting and plot. A lot of the actors ARE telenovela or sitcom-actors, not movie-actors... and while most of the transitions seemed seamless, you can tell Julio Bracho always tries to outshine everyone else when he's in the scene... which was ok in this movie, since he's "the boss". As far as the plot goes, they were smart enough to have a movie with a beginning, middle and end. (How kind of them.) And then, they added some detail and controversy to the characters, which made them extremely likable. What I loved about the way they carried it thru, was the fact that they didn't try to explain EVERY SINGLE DETAIL about the characters or their "issues"; otherwise it would've turned into a 10 hour movie. Instead, they expose their hard lives in an upbeat manner, just enough to see the contestant's dreams shatter shallowly by the judges, producers, and even crew staff from the talent-search-show. And in a way, that's what we ALL go thru, we don't always have "the right look", are the smartest or even fit what 'they' need for the many different roles of life, and it's important (specially for the younger audience this movie was targeted to) to know that life keeps going; and to stop placing so much faith in dreams. It's an anti-romantic romantic comedy, better enjoyed with low expectations and a fast eye, 'cause the subtitles RUUUUN 90% of the time. lol Probably the hardest part to watch is the ending, which to me was a little slow, and I didn't agree with some choices the characters took... but in the end I think that's what made it feel 'realistic' enough; the fact that everyone lives their lives however they want to, I'm just glad their lives were entertaining enough to make this a great movie.
½ December 30, 2009
the Mexican take of "Drop Dead Gorgeous." Can't hate this one if you liked "DDG." I really enjoyed the perspective and got a lot laughs out of it too.
November 19, 2009
Very funny and has a lot of controversy!!!!
½ November 15, 2009
Una historia simple, un valor para recordar... ser mujer
November 9, 2009
Sigue la vida de unas mujeres tratando de vivir un sueno de realidad. Bonita pelicula.
October 18, 2009
I found the production to be below par, the acting too extreme and the story too silly and melodramatic. The score is dreadful. It?s predictable and has a very amateur look to it. I didn?t find it very interesting.
October 18, 2009
September 22, 2009
It could be something..;)
September 19, 2009
"It is like cake with a blade in it", said the director Issa Lopez, during the exclusive presentation in the San Diego Cine Latino Film back in August 21, 2009. It is rather refreshing to see young talented directors addressing social themes such as the discrimination of indigenous culture, the disappearing women from ciudad Juarez, and the mistreatment of homosexual, in Mexico. I thought I was going to see a "churro" of Mexican pop culture, but instead I delighted to witness young talent being promoted and risks being taken. I understand now why this movie became the number one film in Mexico. It was fun, entertaining and moving. I highly recommend it. By the way, I got to meet Maya Zapata and she is a delight to see. She has a bright future ahead of her!
ElCochran90
September 14, 2009
...................

I appreciated the style of direction during the telling of the backgrounds of the characters for introducing them. Other than that, this fuck!n' movie sucks and Mexico is sinking more each time. We're doomed.

Moral of the film: Have sex just for pleasure and everything in life will be OK again. :D What a FUCK!N BAD ENDING, GEESE!

26/100