Art & Copy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Art & Copy Reviews

November 7, 2016
Una pequeña biblia para publicistas. La verdad le puse cuatro estrellas no tanto porque esté buena sino por el impacto que dejó en mi vida.
½ February 20, 2016
I really dig the interviews about advertising in this film because there's unique perspectives you would never think of. It's not a perfect film and it's definitely not a film that explores how advertising can inflict on and harm society, but there's still heavy power in advertising that I think is explored in depth here by some of the best in the business.
December 22, 2013
"Art & Copy" es un documental ideal para introducir al espectador al controversial y fascinante mundo de la publicidad. Se abordan algunos hitos de la historia de la publicidad norteamericana y se ofrecen testimonios de grandes personajes de la profesión. Si usted espera una mirada profunda o controversial sobre la publicidad quedara insatisfecho. Pero si usted quiere saber quienes están detrás de esas frases ingeniosas y esas imágenes que se quedan en la consciencia del consumidor, este documental es para usted.... Que espera, cómprelo ya!
½ August 11, 2013
Pretty good doc on the advertising industry. A little self-congratulatory but I love advertising and the industry.
½ June 21, 2013
"Creativity can solve anything. ANYTHING!"
May 16, 2013
Its a good intro to what advertising is. For anyone who's properly informed, is not terribly reverlating.
April 3, 2013
This is an outstanding educational and inspiring tool for advertising and marketing students.
½ January 1, 2013
Interesting but not informative.
November 17, 2012
Barely remember this.
April 5, 2012
An interesting take on the advertising business.
April 1, 2012
Interesting documentary on creativity in advertising.
½ February 25, 2012
Fascinating look at the thought that goes on behind advertising campaigns.
½ February 20, 2012
This doc turns its camera, early in its run time, on a young man who's family has worked putting up highway billboards for several generations. He admits he does not know anyone who makes advertisements and then the film seems to forget him. My wife was assigned to watch this by her television promotions and advertising department. It is a mixed bag of talking heads giving bits of history and insight at varying levels of engrossment. I was most interested in those who talked about innovations in combining graphics (art) and print (copy). The few super bowl ads that are highlighted and how they came to be were also lots of fun.
February 15, 2012
This is one of my favorite movies out there. If psychology, art and language interest you, you will enjoy this movie. If you look to find fault with almost anything, you won't.
½ January 2, 2012
Entrevistan a unos maes muy gatos y todo pero .. meh... es demasiado lento y no me lleva a ningún lado. Pareciera ser una masturbación financiada por las mismas empresas de publicidad que aparecen ahí. Could be wrong though.

Recomendada para gente que no conoce mucho sobre publicidad y tiene un "mild intrest"in it, aunque si ya vio Mad Men, mejor no vea este documental.
December 23, 2011
Interesting doc about advertising and its history.
December 5, 2011
Great movies about advertising.
November 23, 2011
Absolutely wonderful documentary to watch if you are looking for something that shares the knowledge of those that created some of the most groundbreaking ad campaigns of America. This film has been used as a teaching tool in a few of my classes, and I have found it to be very useful, so if you are looking for something that is educational and yet visually stimulating at the same time.
½ November 22, 2011
Would have much rather have watched a critical but balanced take on the ad-world.
November 16, 2011
Advertising is portrayed as an art form in this documentary; an art form that molds and shapes the American culture in more ways than we even understand. 3 stars