A Single Man Reviews

• 2d ago

I really enjoyed this film. As Tom Ford's first film ever, I'd say that the quality is extraordinary. The characters are well developed and the plot is absolutely riveting. I watched this movie with my best friend (who is a gay man) and he really enjoyed it as well. Colin Firth's performance is spectacular, and Julianne did a very good job as well. I would definitely recommend this film to anyone who wants to watch a sad yet satisfying film about coming to terms with grief and self-rediscovery in your middle age.

• Mar 08, 2020

Tone, colors, music, acting everything is top notch, a LGBT story a story about grief, about the present. A total winner, magnificent directorial debut.

• Feb 24, 2020

A Single Man is a 2009 American drama film directed by Tom Ford in his directorial debut 🍿 It's very good! πŸ˜€ I'd recommend it πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Dec 31, 2019

A beautifully told sorry of love lost and those that are left behind. Perfectly acted by each and every member of the cast.

• Robert L
    Dec 14, 2019

Beautiful story beautifully filmed, beautiful score. The perfect compelling story and movie

• Oct 06, 2019

Absolutely amazing! Love, love!

Absolutely amazing! Love, love!

• Sep 01, 2019

Brilliant and beautiful.

Brilliant and beautiful.

• Aug 30, 2019

A masterpiece of Tom Ford's on his directing debut

A masterpiece of Tom Ford's on his directing debut

• Aug 23, 2019

I liked the edginess and moodiness of it. Its like Madmen without all the inane office politics. +++ Nicholas HoultπŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸ˜†

• Aug 16, 2019

A Single Man not only tells a beautifully melancholic story, but it also does so in a very detailed and precise way. From its stunning cinematography to its gorgeous score and the use of color to fully express George's feelings and emotions Tom Ford makes sure to get it right, even the simplest of things such as the placement of things and even the main character's use of words and how pleasing his voice sounds. There are undeniable technical charms about this film and no doubt that Ford crafts an incredible piece of cinema which is absorbing, rewarding, seductive without overly sexualizing it, and insightful, depicting love and adulthood from various points of view. Still, some minor aspects could come across as self-indulgent or unnecessary.