Not Forgotten - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Not Forgotten Reviews

½ December 11, 2013
all about revenge.(Netflex)
October 28, 2012
Twists and turns aplenty in 'Not Forgotten' with lots of anti-Mexican sentiment thrown in. Not Forgotten is comprised of many interesting parts, but fails to hold together. The acting is pretty good, and some characters are very well done, but the twists are really not believable and feel made up as they went along.
½ October 6, 2012
Okay so earlier this week I was in my Film/Video Business class and our professor planned for us to watch this movie because one of the...producers I think it is for this film, is going to guest star if you will on our class on the 17th. So here's the film we saw: Not Forgotten.

Plot: Jack Bishop is a loan officer in Texas who is also the Soccer coach for his 11 year old daughter, Toby's team and is remarried to Amaya. One day during soccer practice, Toby is found missing and presumably kidnapped. So Jack and Amaya along with the police start looking for Toby and to try to arrest the kidnapper, but while this is happening, Jack starts finding her with his own investigation where we begin to know more about his life.

Now this movie go very low reviews because critics find it very predictable. Do I agree? Yes. While I didn't find it too predictable, there were a couple of things that I did figure out where going to happen. Although personally, I kind of liked the story anyway. It was predictable for sure, but it was also unique and kind of interesting. I mean what we later find out about Jack and all of this other stuff may not have been the most brilliant thing I've heard, but...I don't know I guess I just ended up enjoying the story that they were telling anyway even though it was predictable. Plus this film does have Chloe Grace Mortez who wasn't there as long as I would've liked but she was still there and eventually turned out to have a decent cool character which is always a plus.

And that's my review for Not Forgotten. I might've enjoyed the story personally, but it's still very predictable and altogether not the most remarkable movie ever seen.
½ September 18, 2012
a bit boring... simon baker can act but story seems to be not there... slept halfway through...
June 9, 2012
It was all going fine, then I missed something somewhere......
March 14, 2012
This movie was just too convoluted for its own good. I couldn't make it past the first half. This cast should have been able to pull it together and at least promote the movie to a watchable status, but it never happened.
December 11, 2011
Acabei me deixando levar pelo título em português, achando que era algo mais sobrenatural, e me decepcionei. Vale à pena só pelo Simon Baker, mais lindo a cada dia que passa. O final inesperado ajuda, fazendo que o filme não seja uma perda total de tempo.
December 11, 2011
September 23, 2011
Weird and totally confusing!!!
½ September 4, 2011
The acting was terrible.
½ July 18, 2011
May 2, 2011
Apesar de não gostar muito de filmes com magia negra ou culto religioso foi um bom suspense ,me surpreendeu.
March 2, 2011
Strange and not that good :( To sad cause i like simon baker :O
January 6, 2011
I'm all for suspending disbelief at the door for the sake of the thrill within a thriller, but this was too much even for me. Two is generous.
November 15, 2010
Jack Bishop (Simon Baker, "Land of the Dead") is your typical American. A beautiful wife and daughter, nice home, coach of the soccer team. But things go horribly awry one day when his daughter Toby (young horror veteran Chloe Moretz) goes missing... has she been brought across the border to become a prostitute? Or is she the victim of a known sex offender? Jack will stop at nothing to find out, even if he must reveal his own secret past.

I had little familiarity with the people who made this film, beyond Chloe Moretz, who has been the girl in more or less ever horror film for five years -- and I'm not complaining. Paz Vega played a strong lead, although the rumor is she replaced Jordana Brewster, a friend of Killer Reviews. With all due respect to Brewster, I think Vega was the right casting choice -- she had the elegance, the versatility and the pluck to be the multi-faceted character she needed to be. Rounding out the notable cast is Claire Forlani ("Mallrats"), with a far too small role as the prostitute Katie.

Simon Baker, who was not known to be (I have not seen TV's "The Mentalist"), was a commanding lead in every sense of the word. A devoted father, mysterious possible suspect, heroic ex-thug. I felt he was a natural for every position he was put into. As the plot twists and turns (which is really another strength of this film -- I had to keep guessing) he is able to roll with it and make every thing believable.

Horror fans will enjoy this film, though it's not horror in any strict sense. It's a dark mystery thriller, with a cult, some epic violence -- one of the most brutal beatings I have ever seen on film -- and some creepy imagery. I was visually seduced. There's also some decent action and suspense... not too much romance (sorry, ladies) and a spattering of humor, but only just the bare minimum, keeping the film tense and taut.

I found the film to have an interesting social and political commentary, though I don't feel it was intentional. Over the last several years, there have been a few horror films with a Mexican flavor, such as "All Soul's Day" and "The Dead One". By and large, these were failures. "Not Forgotten" has a strong American/Mexican theme, with border crossings and international crime being a key undercurrent. How accurate these are, I do not know -- I live in Wisconsin where we see more Canadians than Mexicans. But the way the border was portrayed struck me as fascinating and believable, as well as timely in a culture where fear of immigrants comes to a head again and again. This film portrayed Mexicans as both heroes and as ruthless killers, not stereotyping them one way or another, and I found that to be very honest.

"Not Forgotten" is a straight-to-DVD release, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's less than great. Even with my sporadically short attention span (I often require friends and/or booze to get through a film in one sitting) I could not remove my eyes from this movie. A pure win from beginning to the amazing twist at the end. Could a prequel or sequel be in the works?
October 29, 2010
I love Chloe Moretz she is so talented.Unfortunately this film didn't have her in too many scenes.Paz Vega was good and Simon Baker(though hot bodied)seemed like he didn't belong in this role at all.
The story coulda used some more drama and the end is kinda sucky.
½ October 26, 2010
In "Not Forgotten," Amaya(Paz Vega) and Jack Bishop(Simon Baker), a banker, are parents of Toby(Chloe Moretz), from Jack's first marriage. As much as she dislikes playing soccer in the border town of Del Rio, Texas, she does so to please her father. One day during practice, Toby disappears and the only clue that Casper(Michael DeLorenzo), Amaya's cousin and acting sheriff, can find is a sneaker on the river bank.

"Not Forgotten" is a dull movie that depicts the Texas side of the border as idyllic while Mexico is nightmarish, punctuated by nonsensical flashes. And it would probably be offensive if it was interesting in any way which is strange considering all of the occult and bare flesh on display. And then there is also numerology which is brought up when Yogi Berra is mentioned followed by a flash of the number 8 but then we already knew the Yankees are evil.
½ October 23, 2010
Had potential, but ended up being a convoluted mess. Tried to be too clever and complex for its own good.
½ October 22, 2010
Just Not Good At All. Quite Frankly I Found It Confusing & Outright Lame.
½ October 13, 2010
Judging by the title, I expected revenge in the form of blood shed. While there is some, it wasn't enough to make it worth watching.