Lost Song - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lost Song Reviews

November 18, 2012
it is a sad movie but there is no much strong support of what is going on beyond the experience of post-partum depression.
January 13, 2012
Rodrigue Jean has produced what I believe is the first major film to look at post partum depression. The result is a terrific look at a baffling condition and what the results of that condition could be.
½ May 4, 2010
A movie about post-partum depression. I somehow doubt that there is a large market for it, but it is an interesting film, even if only to see the great performance by Suzie LeBlanc as the mother with a new-born. There is not much to add to Flixster's long description.
½ June 19, 2009
My second film by Rodrigue Jean after Yellowknife. I thought Lost Song was rather depressing (but I suppose you could guess this one by the title). Throughout the film, we follow Elisabeth who just delivered her first baby a few days or weeks ago as she struggles with the way to take care of him. Unfortunately, things will turn out bad for her. My heart ached from the beginning through the end and all those silences made me feel like she was alone in the universe.
June 7, 2009
a really boring and totally depressing film about a man, wife and their newborn son who relocate to a secluded forest area for a new start. unfortunately due to her nagging mother and isolating deep in the woods, the wife starts to lose it, culminating in a pretty tragic ending. slow to almost no pace whatsoever this film quietly plodding through it's hour forty five length, and honestly with all its nature sounds throughout, might put you to sleep.
½ February 10, 2009
Tragic drama of mental turmoil amidst placid surroundings is best when it sticks to the specifics of its main character and does right by her situation rather than reaching for the archetypal, building uncommunicated tension and distrust until a life spins (very quietly) out of control.