The Girl in the Park Reviews

• Jul 08, 2015

A movie with a very strong realistic message about loss, guilt, and acceptance. Although the plot is a little bit unbelievable at times, at other times it conveys very realistic feelings, actions, and character development. It's a slow movie, but if you have ever experienced loss or guilt, it is very emotional, connectable, and a joy to watch.

• Oct 26, 2014

Could be a true story ? Disturbing, deep and sad, but very watchable..

Could be a true story ? Disturbing, deep and sad, but very watchable..

• Dec 09, 2013

Loss leads to mental instability and an opening for abuse by unscrupulous grifter, and eventually, healing and learning for all.

• Nov 20, 2013

Signourney Weaver is great as the mother who after 16 years has still not managed to come to terms with the sudden disappearance of her three-year-old daughter in a park. When she befriended a young woman with problems and took her under her wing, I was wondering if she would turn out to be her lost child. I am glad that it did not go down the predictable route and it was more about how Julia tried to replace her missing daughter with this girl. Only Signourney really shone in her role, but the other characters were a little bit bland.

• Feb 26, 2013

The Girl in the Park is not what I'd call an accurately descriptive title though Susan Sarandon is a mom who loses her daughter when she disappears from where her mom saw her seconds or minutes before she turned her back to pick up a blown over drink bottle. The girl cannot be found and we see no kidnapper and then the film, unsatisfactorily so, skips into the future about sixteen years to when she is divorced, her son is engaged and the ex-husband has someone in his life but she doesn't. She meets a troubled girl and shows kindness to her despite lies and betrayal. This girl may be her daughter. 7/10

• Jan 21, 2013

Probably little seen but well worth a watch, features Kate Bosworth's best work to date and a heartbreaking performance from Sigourney Weaver, if this was more known she definitely would've easily got an Oscar nom.

• Nov 25, 2012

the film keeps you on your toes thinking is she or isn't she the kidnapped daughter....and the end comes and you don't get the answer you want! :( sooo annoying

• Sep 06, 2012

Tells about a mom that lost his daughter in the park when she was child. And never found her. They just got a bad news that reported it was a kidnapping that ended with murdered. The loneliness and emptyness was fade away until she met a girl in a restaurant, and saved her after the girl stolen a glasses in a store. Well, this movie so touched me, and u will keep watch this till the end. It's quite good and worth a watch. I loved it.

• Jul 30, 2012

A woman becomes unhinged when her 3 year old daughter is kidnapped and becomes convinced, 16 years later, that a troubled young woman is her lost child now found.

• Feb 09, 2012

Learning about how painful it is when losing a child, for whatever reason. It's not getting easier as time goes by.