Only the Brave Reviews

• Apr 24, 2020

Good firefighter tragedy with a solid cast is more focused on the protagonists' personal lives, but also offers some exciting firefighting scenes.

• Feb 13, 2018

movie it was wonderful!!!!! 5 stars 100%. One of the best movies I've ever seen!! You should see it!

• Feb 11, 2018

Only movie I've ever saw my husband cry during.

Only movie I've ever saw my husband cry during.

• Jun 06, 2013

I wanted to like this movie, but the whole production was rather cliched and mediocre. The TV movie Return to Manzanar was a more dramatic film, and far less amateurish. The director should have watched Saving Private Ryan or Tuskegee Airmen before starting this project. It did not have the emotional impact that it should have had.

• Jun 04, 2012

Similar to "Passchendaele". Lane Nishikawa does a great Edward James Olmos imitation... or is that really his real voice?! The film was very predictable and the antithesis of poignant.

• May 09, 2012

Unfortunately the tale of the Purple Heart Battalion was a bit of a sleeper...the battlefield scenes felt subdued, undramatic and staged.

• Jan 13, 2012

• Feb 13, 2011

• Jan 19, 2011

Awfully melodramatic and littered with poor acting. It may be good at representing the extent at which the Japanese-Americans fought but falls into so many war-movie-clichés.

• Jan 05, 2011

Telling the largely untold story of Japanese-American GIs during World War 2, who like the Tuskegee Airmen were segregated from 'white' Americans. The regiment is built up of previously enlisted soldiers largely from the Hawaiian Islands whose ranks were later swelled by men who enlisted from the dozen or so internment camps dotted around the US. Covering the story of 3 or 4 soldiers their fates and how they came to be in the military as they complete one mission and are on their way to embark upon another considered by the US Military to be one of the 10 most significant battles of the war. Throwing in familiar faces, Dacascos and Scott Lee with less familiar faces and small roles for Fahey, commander of the Texan platoon the Japanese-American soldiers are sent to rescue, and 'Pat' Morita as the father of one of the soldiers who died in an internment camp. Worth watching for both history buffs and anyone looking for a good place to start if interested in the plight of Japanese/Americans during World War 2.