Far Cry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Far Cry Reviews

½ August 2, 2016
It's directed by Uwe Boll, the acting is bad, and boring asf
½ June 28, 2016
It might be accurate, but it's just so TERRIBLE.
April 28, 2016
It's better than a Steven Segal or Van Damme straight to DVD movie and one of Boll's best efforts. WATCH WITH LOTS OF ALCOHOL AND A FRIEND TO LAUGH AT IT WITH
½ April 18, 2016
This is the part of Boll's career where he finally started showing a little more competence. When the action is there, it's fun and the plot isn't as circuitous as his earlier work. That said, it still sucks with goofy and misplaced humour and a laughable attempt at passing the Canadian woods off as as a tropical jungle.
½ April 17, 2016
This movie was so terrible it almost made me hate the game. It hardly ever followed the events of the game. Video games being turned into movies needs to stop.
January 23, 2016
Up until right now, I have rated Uwe Boll's movies no more than a 4, everything was so poorly written and directed that I couldn't give a better one. On this particular movie though... I had to give him a 5 for trying. He managed to get the best second hand actors around and put out a better display of the movie....for the first part that is. The beginning made me think the movie could be it...the first one to which I could have given an over 7 rating... but from the middle... it just kept lower and lower. The ending was too dull... no fun for the watcher...
½ November 13, 2015
this is such a disappointing sorry excuse for an adaptation I have seen and it's based on a German version of it which is censored sometimes it's a wonder how much the games got so much appreciation nowadays.
½ June 5, 2015
Holy ma freaking gawd this movie deserves an F--
½ April 3, 2015
Actually liked it, but I am biased.
½ March 29, 2015
I didn't want to watch this movie due to the bad things I heard about Uwe Boll, but I watched it anyway, because I liked the video games. Well Uwe Boll is even worse than I thought. 0,5/5 (and I normally don't rate 0,5, because you cant see it for some reason, but this was so terrible I just have to.)
½ February 1, 2015
I honestly think I'd rather be beaten up by the entire US military then watch this again.
Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
I have played Far Cry and that was a really great game but movies based from videogames turns out often really bad. This is a case like that , bad story / acting with not much common things from the game actually. Feels not like Far Cry so a big failure overall..
November 21, 2014
I am a huge fan of the Far Cry Franchise I've played Far Cry, Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 and Far Cry Blood Dragon. The movie, not so much. This movie is so poorly filmed and just bad in general. No one watch this movie ever in your life, don't rent from a dvd store, don't buy it off Netflix, don't watch it on Hulu, Don't even buy it for $2. Because this movie is a piece of shit. And it is a discrace to any Far Cry Fan like I am, I loved Far Cry 3. But this

Grade: D-
June 28, 2014
Well, this was crap. I'm on a Uwe Boll movie run, I don't know why, I just thought it would be funny. This is much better than Alone in the Dark movies. It's nothing like the game, again. Where are the monsters? Where are the epic ship battles? It strays off the path too much to be an enjoyable adaptation. Don't see, unless desperate.
May 11, 2014
Another crappy movie from a crappy director who can never seem to make a good movie. I have played the Far Cry games countless times in the past and I have really fond memories playing them and this film is not like the games at all. The whole cast here do terrible and there was a lot of crappy dialogue. Til Schweiger is miscast as Jack Carver because he is a german playing an american character and he was bland and dull throughout. The romance between him and Emmanuelle Vaugier was stupid and cheesy and the comedic tone made the movie even worse for me. The acting was stiff and monotonous throughout. Most of the characters were annoying and you don't care about anybody here at all. It is a good thing this was a straight-to-dvd release and not a theatrical release because if it was, then it would have bombed like all of the other Uwe Boll films. The only thing I will give this is that there was some entertaining action towards the end and that is it. Besides that, this is a movie you should really avoid.
March 4, 2014
The best thing Boll ever did, which aint saying much.
½ February 6, 2014
A hardened seaman and a dogged reporter become trapped on an island with a mysterious scientist, a ruthless band of mercenaries, and a vicious pack of unidentifiable creatures in BloodRayne director Uwe Boll's seventh video game-to-screen adaptation. A team of mercenaries has been attacked on a remote island in the Pacific Northwest, and as mysterious reports begin to emerge from the chaos, a veteran Seattle newspaper editor sends top reporters Tom Moore and Valerie Constantine to the scene in hopes of getting the scoop on the story. Shortly after arriving on the island under the guidance of ship captain Jack Carver (Til Schweiger), the trio is attacked by mercenary commander Maria Sanchez. Though Tom is killed, Valerie and Jack manage to stage a daring escape and quickly begin to bicker over their plan as Maria's murderous soldiers fast begin gaining ground. Despite Captain Jack's plan to locate his friend Emilio and get off of the island as quickly as possible, reporter Valerie remains determined to investigate the strange situation and get as many details as possible for her upcoming story. Later, when Jack, Valerie, and Emilio are captured and taken to the secret lab of genius scientist Dr. Krieger, Valerie is extended an invitation to join the doctor in announcing his latest findings to the world. Though it finally seems as if Valerie has gotten just the scoop needed to make her story, the situation quickly turns chaotic when one of Dr. Kreiger's creatures escapes from the lab and sets out on a murderous rampage. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi I hated this movie and yes I have played the game and the game is so Uwe boll stop making movies you are not good at it.
January 23, 2014
I have never played the game Farcry but since it was directed by Uwe Boll this movie probably will not remind anyone of the game.
½ January 11, 2014
Uwe Boll makes a film based on a video game, starring Udo Kier as mad scientist. You know what to expect - gory and fun!
December 9, 2013
Another of Uwe's stains on cinema. Avoid.