Che: Part One (The Argentine) Reviews

• Dec 30, 2018

tHIS PIECE OF AGITPROP CELEBRATES THE MASS MURDERER NAMED CHE GUEVARA. cHE WAS A PSYCHOPATH WHO DID fIDEL'S MASS MURDERING (EVERY COMMUNIST DICTATOR NEEDS ONE) FOR PEOPLE WHO WOULDN'T FALL IN LINE WITH HIS PETTY DIKTATS. tHE PEOPLE WHO CREATED THIS TRASH ARE, APPARENTLY, COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF THE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE INFLICTED ON cUBANS, SOUTH AMERICANS, AND AFRICANS. #HOLLYWOODPOSEURS

• Nov 28, 2018

My new favourite biopic-war film. Beautiful cinematography. The way they shot war scene makes me feels like I'm watching Yasmin Ahmad film. Weird and interesting experience. Anybody care to explain or do a research on my psychological experience when I watch this film?

• Dec 11, 2017

Moving regardless of what you think of communism - here's a doctor who lives a revolutionary's life in the jungle, away from his wife and 5 kids, and gives his life to the ideal of improving the lot of poor farmers in Latin America...

• Nov 27, 2017

Pales in comparison to Carlos, which is practically a sequel, on a visual and character/story level.

• Sep 03, 2017

Benicio Del Toro won a Best Actor Prize at Cannes in this stately but distant biopic that is based on the title character's 'Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War' and tracks his rise in the Cuban Revolution from doctor to the enigmatic revolutionary hero.

• Jun 19, 2017

Steven Soderbergh's opening chapter of the biopic about the life of Che Guevara is a tour de force showing the role the revolutionary played in the overthrow of the Batista government in Cuba. Benecio del Toro gives a great performance of the legendary and charismatic Guevara and I was also particularly impressed with Demian Bichir as fellow freedom fighter Fidel Castro. The movie paints a picture of a complex, thoughtful and frustrated figure who had a talent for inspiring his fellows and creating tight, passionate teams fired by the revolutionary spirit. He was a man with a great talent for how people think and react and used this to great effect in the revolutionary struggle. I loved this movie and felt that the pace and amount of action was just right. It shows the struggle against the Cuban forces was a hard fought and gruelling struggle in which the communist forces faced setbacks and failures until they ultimately won through and tried to create a better society. Whether you believe they were successful will depend on your political views of the Castro regime but Che: Part One will better help you understand the passions and drives of one of the key political figures of the 20th century.

• Feb 22, 2017

Part one of Steven Soderbergh's biographical epic of the controversial and heavily divisive revolutionary is a skillful, solid, and vivid first half.

• Dec 08, 2016

Critics said it best; There is precious little in these movies to fill out our understanding of what it was that made Che a rebel, a leader of men. In releasing this reverent, meticulous, fascinating but flaccid history in two lengthy parts, Soderbergh committed perhaps the greatest sin of all. He made Che boring.

• Mar 06, 2016

Not an easy film to like: very dry, fact-heavy and (deliberately?) distancing direction by Soderbergh. For most of the movie he avoids close-ups, and even shoots Del Toro from behind. And yet there's also something hypnotising about this project. Be ready for subtitles and a long history lesson. Alberto Iglesias' score is terrific.

• Jan 12, 2016

76% Che: Part One ( The Argentine), originally 2hr 11 mins long film is eloquently shot and Soderbergh directs efficiently utilizing it's non-linear narrative to the maximum and with a commanding performance from Del Toro that sticks in mind. However, for most of its running time, it keeps the audience in the dark because only those who know the history can properly understand this piece of art.