Paa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paa Reviews

June 6, 2016
THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW.

The movie is outstanding, the story is really good, the performance by Amitabh Bachchan steals the show in this movie. I also loved how Abhishek Bachchan was the dad in this movie and Amitabh was the son, whereas in real life it's the opposite.
February 18, 2013
Some scenes are just too awesome....
½ January 28, 2013
sudaahhh nonton lhoooo.
November 26, 2012
'Inspired' by the Coppola film 'Jack' (not much of a classic) and strangely reminding me of 'Benjamin Button' (possibly because of the makeup ) , this is a well made comedy drama with stellar performances from Amitabh, Vidya and Abhishek. Kudos to Balki to attempt to do something different, though the naysayers would say the casting was a a bit of a gimmick and the make up in the Kamal Hasan territory, but the movie turns out well and much more fun that the typical masala films that Bollywood is churning out these days.
November 13, 2012
This was a great movie! tear jerker, but I am very glad I watched it!
½ October 29, 2012
Amitabh Bachchan's best performance till date.
June 26, 2012
I heard that caused a great commotion in India, as the people with traditional values think they are kidding about an illness, but most people think is a good story about how to overcome the diseases and about self-superation.

After watching the movie, first advice: do no expect a drama about progeria. Most of the time -and maybe it is the great point of the movie- it does not talk about a boy with progeria (just some moments in the movie), but the life of a very funny 12-years-old boy and, in the second half, to his search for his father. So, expect a light comedy with just a very few some touching moments. The parts I was more puzzled about and I think they could have been easily skipped are the political parts, and also some promotion against abortion, I thought these two parts were a little forced and had not to do much with story, and not all the spectators will agree. But anyway, a funny movie, mainly in the interaction of the main character with his family and people at school.
June 15, 2012
Watch for Arundhati Nag
January 17, 2012
What a wonderful movie with terrific performances. I am convinced that Amitabh Bachchan can play any role convincingly. All around great performances and a enjoyable film score that is not overdone.
½ November 30, 2011
'All the potty goes into the sea! ohh! i am glad i dont eat fish' - Auro
September 13, 2011
not the perfect movie but it`s recommended
½ July 17, 2011
The background score sets the films individuality, but still it could have been more realistic and even charming. if the makers have tried.
½ March 16, 2011
Auro is an intelligent and witty 13-year-old boy with an extremely rare genetic defect that causes accelerated aging. He suffers from a progeria-like syndrome. Mentally he is 13, very normal, but physically he looks five times older. In spite of his condition, Auro is a very happy boy. He lives with his mother Vidya who is a gynecologist. Amol Arte is young, progressive and a full-of-ideals politician. He is out to prove to the world that 'politics' is not a bad word. He is a man with a mission. Auro is Amol's son. PAA is a rare story about a father-son, son-father relationship.

i liked it, performances were top notch some very emotional scenes. screenplay could have been better.
January 5, 2011
Soooo much potential, such bad casting. I'm going to be painfully honest here. Children with Progeria are NOT 6 feet tall. Nor do they sound like Gollum when they speak. This distracted me throughout the entire movie. The plot was there, and it could have been a very well done drama. Yet I cannot get past the choice of actors. It made what would have been tear jerking, highly emotional scenes, laughable to me. I was a mixture of confused, disappointed, and somewhat amused by the end of the film. Paa is another worthy of watching, just don't let the 6 foot tall "13 year old with Progeria" distract you :)
½ December 30, 2010
Copy of Hollywood movie
November 23, 2010
Amazing performance by Amitabh Bachchan and touching performances by the rest of the cast makes this a must watch.
½ October 21, 2010
This movie is memorable for the rock-solid performances from the Bachchans and Vidya Balan .... !
What could been a tear-jerker has been made in a very light and enjoyable manner ... and that makes it a great wholesome entertainer to watch ... !
September 14, 2010
You got to see this cinematic excellence.
September 4, 2010
Superb movie .............. mind blowing
½ August 27, 2010
Not great, but not bad. And I can always stand to look at Abishek Bachchan.