Alice in Wonderland Reviews

• Oct 04, 2019

This is a confusing mess. Its more of a sequel to the original rather than a remake, but it falls flat. Its trying to make you care about a rebellion story, but it still doesn't work due to bland performances, and way too much cgi.

• Aug 18, 2019

An interesting film that gives the audience what they would have wanted from the original film but gave it a much more darker tone to it. The cast was good and the story was okay but it wasn't what many were expecting from this movie.

• Aug 11, 2019

Alice in Wonderland has Burton's usual dark whimsy all about it, and the characters can at times bw engaging. However, there is something unpleasant about its portrayal of certain characters, both visually and personally, that does not sit quite right. I enjoy the film, but I would not describe it as enjoyable. Worth a single viewing, but hard to describe as a good film. It is unfortunately a stale entry for Burton, as if his creativity hit a wall. Three stars for a passable Burton film.

• Aug 11, 2019

the care bears version as better

the care bears version as better

• Aug 05, 2019

nice fitless in the style 'Burtonian' of the fairy tale of Alice in the land of the wonders, very strange, gloomy and violent, more than expected, the plot is very beautiful and the special effects are done very well and I personally particularly appreciated this rereading in the fairy tale's most fantasy sauce

• Aug 01, 2019

L'unica cosa positiva di questo film sono gli effetti speciali e visivi accompagnati da una colonna sonora travolgente, che mi costringono ad alzare il voto da 6 a 7.

• Jul 21, 2019

A good adventure film. I like the visuals a lot.

A good adventure film. I like the visuals a lot.

• Jul 18, 2019

With a fantastic direction by Tim Burton (who is one of my favorite directors), an excellent and tightly tied script by Linda Woolverton, a captivating and memorable soundtrack by Danny Elfman, practically perfect visual effects, beautiful production design, impeccable costume design and great performances by Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Crispin Glover, Matt Lucas, Michael Sheen, Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Barbara Windsor, Timothy Spall and Paul Whitehouse, Alice in Wonderland is a spectacular film, one of the best Disney's live-actions/remakes and one of Tim Burton's best movies in my opinion

• Jun 04, 2019

Alice in Wonderland (2010) does something new and unique in a somehow PG rated movie. The performances are great, the production and costume design are amazing, and the VFX and sound effects are great. Despite this, some parts can be slow and unnecessary. B+

• May 18, 2019

Strengths: Tim Burton is always one to make sure his odd worlds come to life in pretty spectacular ways. He made sure this movie was a visual marvel. It absolutely feels like exactly the movie he would make. Most of the cast looks to be having a good time and giving strong performances. Helena Bonham Carter (Red Queen) has a blast and possibly steals the show. She's over the top in the right kind of way. Johnny Depp (Mad Hatter) is fine, while Anne Hathaway (White Queen) does a good job. Alan Rickman (Blue Caterpillar) is the best of a solid cast of voice actors. Weaknesses: I don't believe Mia Wasikowska (Alice Kingsleigh) was quite ready to lead a movie like this. Her performance leaves a lot to be desired. It's not flat out bad but it doesn't feel big enough for the character. They also went way heavy handed on trying to point out how much of an oddity she was in her world. I get that's important but don't beat us over the head with it. I also feel that while Burton did well to create dazzling visuals, it almost is too much. It's as if he tried too hard to make those special and it took away from the script and the characters. Most of them move in and out without ever giving us a real reason to care about them. That all made for a plot that never clicked as well as the original and even that was one that I never found to be anything special. Overall: Tim Burton made a movie that looked good, but was hollow inside.