The Penthouse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Penthouse Reviews

June 9, 2016
This is an absolute no funny movie that lives because of American Pie. It does not deserves to live another day!
Ce film ne vit que parce que Folies de graduation a connu tant de succès. Il ne mérite pas de vivre un autre jour.
½ September 7, 2012
Mind-numbingly stupid.
½ August 23, 2012
I was bored one night channel surfing and it was on Showtime and it said Rider Strong was in it so I watched it.
July 31, 2012
Best lines ever: "You have the power to unfuck that which you have fucked." and "You need real drama in your life. You need to jump on that bull, reach underneath and just grab those balls and squeeze hard."

Rest of the movie was a self indulgent vacuous crap. Just saying.
February 28, 2012
An alright film, but I was expecting more depth to the story....silly me.
DrStrangeblog
November 27, 2011
When your cat falls asleep on your arm and you are powerless to reach for the remote across the table, sometimes you end up watching stuff like The Penthouse that you ordinarily would not. In this instance, it thankfully wound up as a positive experience. Party boy Tyler wins a spacious L.A. apartment as part of his reality show victory package and invites two friends to live with him, an equally partying pal who is starting work as a male nurse (although he tells everyone he is a doctor) and a low-key writer who prefers solitude while trying to break into fiction and away from his job as Muzak reviewer.

Yes this scenario has been done a hundred times and you can probably fashion your own rough draft in the time it takes to read this review. And The Penthouse doesn't break any new ground either but at least has the good sense to keep its main characters likable. Rider Strong, better known as Ben Savage's best friend on TV's Boy Meets World, is Kieran the writer and gets reacquainted with Tyler's younger sister Erica when she visits before leaving for a year in Europe and who is distraught that her older brother still can't find time for her. Guess what happens?

While the screenplay is light on plot surprises, it comes up with some thoughtful, honest discourse in the blossoming attraction between Kieran & Erica, played by newcomer April Scott who brings significant good-girl spark to the big screen. Even the party friends show a little growth, with the male nurse falling for his boss and Tyler finding his public image role as bad boy has a downside. Other good funny parts go to Randy the philosophical world-traveler ("You have the power to unfuck that which has been fucked.") and Ed Begley Jr. as condescending hardass father of Kieran's current bitchy girlfriend played by Kaley Cuoco from 8 Simple Rules and Big Bang Theory.

On balance, The Penthouse is markedly better casual entertainment with some engaging characters than its low-rent neighbors.
½ September 12, 2011
This was such a B rated movie that I couldn't stand wasting my time watching it. I don't know why Kaley Cuoco and Ed Begley choose to do this movie. I fast forwarded to most of the movie. It was too predictable and one of the worst scripts and acting I have ever seen. Skip this one all together.
½ April 14, 2011
Typical and kind of bland.
February 27, 2011
cute romantic movie, had its ups and downs. kaley cuoco is hot...just saying. lol
October 18, 2010
MALISIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... la historia mas estupida q he visto en pelicula
September 30, 2010
:S Me quede esperando que pasara algo
½ September 25, 2010
No muy buena, todos suuuuuuuper chafas jajajaja, eso si padrisimo el detalle de las botitaaaaas estuvo super lindo!!! jaja
August 14, 2010
Comedia sencilla, aunque divertida, sobre la vida de 3 amigos que compartiran un pentHouse. Livin' la vida loca hasta que finalmente encontrarán el equilibrio justo. Divierte!
Nota: Preciosa April Scott xD
July 6, 2010
Not a bad movie at all....a lot better than I thought it was goign to be...havent seen Rider Strong in a movie for a long time!
½ May 24, 2010
rosa pero las viejas estaban mas q pasables!! lastima no titty
½ May 6, 2010
Hooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbllllllleeeeee
½ April 26, 2010
Had some good, funny moments, but also some bla.......Nothing special, but it passes the time
April 23, 2010
la vi anoche....
y bueno... piola xD jajaj
no es la mejor pelicula del mundo... pero tampoco es tan mala...
pa pasar el rato.. sirvió...
la tenía hace rato ahi guardaita xD
visible....
Kaley Cuoco le amuu... aunke haya salido la nada misma xD
½ April 14, 2010