Open Graves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Open Graves Reviews

March 15, 2015
Jumanji meets Final Destination if both films were terrible.
February 11, 2015
No no no. I watched this? Screwed up beginning and a nice try with the wannabe like Jumanji with the board game plot. Ridiculous and stupid.
September 23, 2014
Eliza dushku what were you thinking? Cheap horror crap trying to be like one of those Asian horror films without anyone working on it with the talent to pull it off
June 8, 2014
Was alright, could tell it was a low budget movie though.
½ October 30, 2013
open graves is basically the horror version of jumaji and it has promise but never really executes any true scares nor thrills. i like the idea of the film and i think it had a lot of potential but it fails to deliver good violence along with blood. i enjoy seeing teens getting picked off one by one, but i was disappointed and expected a lot more.
October 30, 2013
It was not so bad that I did not watch the whole movie but it was pretty predictable. I will admit that many of the death scenes were quite brutal even to my jaded eyes.
October 30, 2013
In this deadlier rehashing of the ?Jumanji? formula, seven friends get more than they bargained for when they the play a board game given to them by a mysterious stranger. Those whose pawns meet their death in the game, meet the same death in life.

Okay, so I like the concept as long as it?s not overdone. ?Jumanji? and ?Zathura? are family films, and I don?t know of any other horror films that play on the killer board game concept, so there may be a market for one. I am always on the hunt for something different than a remake or reboot, so in that regard I was excited for a while. That?s the good news.

Now for the bad news. The production values, particularly the bad CGI, are atrocious and look like a student film on Youtube. Still, this could have been forgivable had it not been for one of the worst and most ridiculous climaxes I have seen in a long time.

The characters are idiotic in their actions and decisions, and the big reveal at the end was so silly I burst out laughing.

In summary, a great concept is wasted on HORRIBLE production values, idiotic plot conventions, and pointless and irrelevant backstory.
½ October 30, 2013
A "horror" version of Jumanji that just didn't work.
October 30, 2013
The little twist & turn at the end was supposed to bring this typical, formulaic, cheesy piece back. It certainly didn't.
October 8, 2013
I own this on Blu-Ray in a two movie pack along with:
* 100 Feet (2008)

and i also own it on DVD.
August 6, 2013
If you are awed by the acting of Eilza Dushku or you are terrified of what amount to cartoon snakes and crabs, then you might really like Open Graves. But I doubt it. Poorly made with Sci-fi channel level CG, Open Graves is just plain stupid. Still it will waste an evening for you with its tale of a killer voodoo board game...if that's what you want....
May 2, 2013
Interesting... but really bad.
½ April 27, 2013
pretty good movie with creepy stuffs in it..
April 18, 2013
Decent Horror Flick Which Combines "Jumanji" & "Final Destination". A Group Of Surfers Come Across A Board Game, The Winner's Wish Comes True, The Losers Are Cursed To Die The Horrible Death Described When They Were Eliminated From The Game.

Bad Writing, Bad Acting, Decent Story & Concept. I'm A Bit Surprised They Never Released One Like This Sooner.
½ October 17, 2012
i could not believe how bad this movie was. just wow..... no comment on this one.
½ September 2, 2012
An adult version of Jumanji basically only more guesome and spooky. Was good :)
½ April 22, 2012
This movie was like weird but it was good. The fact that the game is made from the ladies skin was the most disturbing thing. But the game itself was pretty crazy... it claims the loser of the game as it's own personaly game.
Note to self: Never play this game!!
½ February 12, 2012
Eliza was as always great but the movie was to cheap
January 4, 2012
could be better ^o^ ~~ like adaptation from "drag me to hell" + "triangle" ~~
½ December 12, 2011
This movie was okay, sorta of like Jumanji and Final Destination combined!