1:54 Reviews

• Sep 08, 2019

The plot developments and end results of the antagonists and protagonists are unacceptable in my view.

• Aug 08, 2019

I always thought France was more liberal than this. To have boys terrified and committing suicide over peers finding out they are gay is fifty years (or more) behind all other western societies. Other than that, this has some unique and unusual things to say about bullying.

• Feb 09, 2019

Tres bon film ! Je l'ai beaucoup aimer, sa peut passer des message dans les ecoles pour l'intimidation ! J'ai adorer

• Sep 22, 2018

Groundbreaking and emotional movie with a few tears about coming to terms with one’s sexuality.

• Oct 09, 2017

Admit and face the reality than to get the same treatment by avoiding them! Great cast, even the concept was nice, but a missed opportunity for sure. Bully, LGBT, there were lots of things the film highlighted, but did not choose the right path to ride on with. Everything was overshadowed by the negatives. When I was watching the film, I was very uncomfortable throughout. Because I have kept anticipating the best things to take over at any time, but that never came. Even the sport part was kind of incomplete. The film was a fiction, but even partially that's how things happen in Canada, then Canada is too far behind from all the western world. The film should have been an inspiring tale, or at least an awareness tale. It was a gay theme, though not a romance film. An eleventh grade Tim is avoiding his sexual identity to escape the embarrassment, particularly from the school bullies. But it's too late now, which cost him a big. As a response, he takes a challenge. And now he needs to prove his sexuality, but not everything goes as he had planned. The remaining story takes a crucial twist where everything comes to halt suddenly. Yeah, I think that sudden ending is not convincing. Especially after too many turns in the story development, I actually was expecting the best way to conclude. So not everybody would be happy with that part. Though it was not a bad idea, only they did not make it in a better way. The title too was a little diversion, from prediction. So don't expect, everything's going to be fine kind of film. More like I felt it is made for sadist mindset people. Because you can't encourage such film, particularly its contents which makes unease most of the time. 4/10

• Apr 03, 2017

Better than expected.

Better than expected.

• Mar 24, 2017

Quelques lacunes scénaristiques, mais dans son ensemble, 1:54 est hyper efficace. Les arts, ici le cinéma, se doit de montrer les travers de l'humain, le film de Yan England le fait à merveille. Essentiel.

• Mar 19, 2017

Un film sur le harcèlement et qui démontre que se taire va nuire , que les harceleurs s'en sortent très bien. Dommage que ce film ne montre pas de solution au problème. même si la justice semble inefficace dans ces cas ci.

• Mar 11, 2017