15 Minutes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

15 Minutes Reviews

½ July 21, 2017
Once again I find myself liking a movie that the critics pretty much tore apart. I wonder how they feel now that 16 years have passed since this movie came out. This movie almost foreshadows how corrupt the media has become. Politics aside, I still found this to be a decent action movie that took chances with itself. I may be in the minority here, but I am okay with that.
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
Film mozzafiato che registra l'alleanza tra criminalità e mass-media
½ November 18, 2016
Enjoyed watching this movie for the Third time i think . SOMVID
½ April 12, 2016
Former UFC fighter Taktarov gives a solid performance as Russian thug in this frenetic, unrealistic De Niro dud of a film warning against social media.
March 19, 2016
Had not watched this since it first came out on DVD. The world changed 6 months after this one came out.
½ January 21, 2016
What starts off as an interesting film, takes a turn into a jumbled mess by trying to overstate the message the movies is trying to make.
Robert Deniro seemed strange casting in this role, and really did carry the movie at times.
I thought Edward Burns was good here as an arson investigator.

Basically 2 crazy Russians go on a strange killing spree and film there every move.

Throw in a hot shop cop who is really a reality star played by Deniro and you have a movie glorifying the median obsessions with wanting to show violence for ratings.

I felt like the movie didn't know what the hell it wanted to be as the second half evolved.

There were surprises and decent action but it was too jumbled.
It got really sloppy as it went on and had me scratching my head in the directions it went.
½ June 3, 2015
De Niro come on....one of his worst movie.
May 24, 2015
guilty pleasure movie. haha. I'll probably never watch this again, but for the first time it's pretty entertaining.
April 23, 2015
Had not heard of this movie. Ran across on Starz app. Typical Deniro being Deniro, but the storyline wasn't as exciting as it could have been. It was slow in parts. Decent movie.
½ April 22, 2015
Heavy handed satire.
April 14, 2015
This film starts off as a serial killer flick, but rapidly becomes a biting satire about the killers attempt to manipulate the media and the law into allowing them beat the system. I loved the ending of this movie! It is right on the nose about this country's obsession with television in all of its seamiest aspects. Rather reminds me of Wag the Dog, another of my favorites. Although accused of being heavy-handed by the critics, when you are talking about tabloid TV, you can't lay it on thickly enough to rival the truth.
½ September 22, 2014
It was ok, the villains were over the top, I didn't like the idea of the villains filming everything that really ticked me off and plus DeNiro dies in this film and he shouldn't have.
September 12, 2014
(59%)
A real piece of all over the place Hollywood that shuffles itself around like a deck of cards every other scene. The main focus is not on DeNiro, or even Edward Burns, but on two eastern European maniacs who feature heavily throughout. What makes this so uneven is the tone. It starts as a crime thriller, then there's some breaking news exploitation satire with Kelsey Grammer, then DeNiro comes in turning it more into a cop action movie, then there's a series of quite sweet romantic scenes that come in between footage the two bad guys filming themselves murdering someone making everything feel more than a little slapdash. Yet it sort of works mainly because everything happens so fast, and there's so much of it to get through. The fact that the cast is more than capable doesn't hurt much either, and it is quite well made too. It's just action cop movie thrillers, romance, a playful sense of humour, and snuff movies all mixed together doesn't create a great recipe for success.
August 24, 2014
sad movie a good watch but do not need to see it twice
August 19, 2014
A little predictable, but still effective. The acting is mediocre, which is strange for De Niro and Grammer. But the action and plot were enjoyable for its generic plot.
½ July 14, 2014
Annoying cinematography sidetracks an otherwise enthralling thriller. At times the attempt at satire pushes too hard and comes off heavy handed, but the intrigue of its satire-laden and thrilling plotline make 15 Minutes a decent thriller.
July 3, 2014
A good cast in a muddled movie.
June 6, 2014
Overplayed and over dramatic with its slightly odd murderous plot. No media organisation would show a filmed murder and risk losing their license to broadcast, but this goes down that route.
May 12, 2014
What is the main story of this film? Yes, you won't get the answer even after you finished watching it..