Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown Reviews

½ March 30, 2015
It was a very enjoyable, really fast-paced and really touching Peanuts TV special. It had really nice animation, very good voice cast, great characters, really nice artwork, plenty of funny moments, really great music and a really good story. I haven't seen this TV special in a very long time. I really recommend this special to Peanuts fans of all ages.
April 29, 2013
another great classic cartoons.....
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
½ December 2, 2012
Loved this. I love the Peanuts
September 8, 2012
my nieces love Charlie Brown. A classic!!
August 13, 2012
snoopy...a legendary dog!!
½ July 19, 2012
Another classic I love. My mom and Dad used to watch these and so I grew up with them too.
February 13, 2012
Ah, love. Amor. The whole Peanuts gang is feeling the love in Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown. Everyone that is, except for everybody's favorite loveable loser, Charlie Brown. As the class prepares for its annual Valentines Day party, Charlie watches his mailbox, and even brings a briefcase to school in hopes that he'll get lots of valentines from the girls in his class. But of course, it's just not "in the cards" for Good Ole' Charlie Brown. Or is it? There's actually a little bit of a surprise ending to this beloved 1975 television special.

Charlie Brown isn't the only one who learns a rough lesson about love in this special. Linus Van pelt falls for his teacher, and buys her a big heart shaped box of chocolates, leading Sally to think that he got it for her. That only leads to bad results for both LInus and Sally. That childhood crush is something that so many children experience. It's one of the things that makes this feature so relateable and in turn, enjoyable almost forty years after its original debut.

The relateability of Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown isn't all that makes it so enjoyable. The animation of this feature is a throwback to an era when animated features were actually animated. They were created by the human hand, rather than via computers. It took time and heart to bring the Peanuts gang to life by hand, and then coordinate the aniamted characters with the then child voice actors. It brings back that sense of nostalgia for audiences of all ages. It reminds us all of our own childhoods; that time when we didn't have anything to worry about.

And now, thanks to the people at Warner Home Video, audiences of all ages can again enjoy this beloved special, along with a pair of other Peanuts originals in It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown and You're in Love, Charlie Brown. Combine those with a little history lesson behind the main feature, and audiences get what is one of the most enjoyable Peanuts features released to dvd/blu-ray yet. It's great for lovers of all ages, and whole families both on Valentines Day and any time of the year.
May 29, 2011
I think this was the third one I've saw when I was little. B+
March 27, 2011
probably seen at some point. Was never a big fan.
February 12, 2011
Gotta love the Peanuts gang! Charlie Brown, the eternal optimist! Fun and sweet film.
½ January 14, 2011
Good Valentines cartoon. Really enjoyed this cartoon.
July 18, 2010
Not the best Charlie brown special
July 11, 2010
"nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love..."
May 6, 2010
Of all the Charlie Brown's in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest.
February 9, 2010
This was interesting.
January 29, 2010
Every bit the classic that "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is. If anything, I enjoyed it slightly more.
January 27, 2010
Not really compared to the other ones!
November 26, 2009
Charlie Brown! =) I love this classic cartoon and I love the music.