Sweeney Todd in Concert - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sweeney Todd in Concert Reviews

August 29, 2013
I haven't seen this version, but I've heard Patti LuPone in the revival, and I've heard George Hearn in the 1982 version.
August 11, 2012
August 8, 2012
Sensational version of the Sondheim masterpiece! George Hearn delivers a solid performance as Sweeney and Patti LuPone positively steals the show in a sensational performance as Mrs. Lovett. In my opinion, it's her greatest role. Never had the privelage of seeing the Broadway revival, but the Tim Burton film version looks promising...
½ August 11, 2011
Since it's a concert, I miss the theatrical use of sets, costumes, lights, and etc. But it has some of the best people who have ever played these characters, and Neil Patrick Harris!
July 4, 2009
wtf is up with all this Sweeney Todd shit. u_u
I only watched it because of Johnny Depp. LMAO
June 3, 2009
Oh,is it the one with Patti Lupone? I really don't like that version :S
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
November 19, 2008
of course i want to see this
October 20, 2008
My ideal Sweeney Todd cast. Patti LuPone and George Hearn are both phenominal, and even without full staging and costumes the music makes a full impact. And so much love for Neil Patrick Harris.
September 27, 2008
It has just about the best everyone in it. And the only good Anthony.
September 10, 2008
Only care if it has Johnny Depp
August 31, 2008
sweeny todd is amazing!!!!
July 30, 2008
nothing and no one match their talent..Especially Angela Lansbury!
Oh, thank Sondheim for creating this musical..
July 28, 2008
Great version. Gearge Hearn was in the original with Angela Lansbury. Patti LuPone is brilliant and funny in this one. Also, Timothy Nolan is awesome as Judge Turpin.
July 27, 2008
george hearn is the best sweeney todd.
July 11, 2008
I found this particular performance not very well done. I was much more impressed with the broadway performance. As for Patti LuPone and the other great actress who played Mrs. Lovett in Broadway (i';m sorry i don't remember her name), I think they are brilliant actresses but they have not very much captured the soul of Mrs. Lovett. I prefer the big screen version of this magnificent play.

However, all my warm thanks go to Sondheim for the fascinating music and lyrics.
½ July 10, 2008
Love this verison. It's second to the Revival. Patti LuPone IS Mrs. Lovett and I was really oddly surprised by Neil Patrick Harris. But still, great showing of Sweeney Todd, and just enjoyed every minute of it. BOOSH!
July 9, 2008
One of the best versions of this classic musical of all time! George Hearn and Patti LuPone are the perfect duo, not to mention the other talented cast members. Plus, Neil Patrick Harris is very nice to look at ^.^
½ June 30, 2008
Very good. In its Shakespearean lack of props, this Sweeney Todd production still manages to make one laugh and gasp in all the right places...unlike the 2007 Burton version.
½ June 21, 2008
This is a great staging & George is still amazing. & I loved the way Pattie sounds on the revival soundtrack, but she keeps overpronounicing certain letters & it just irritates me. But overall it's excellent