1982 Reviews

• Feb 23, 2019

An ok movie!!! It wasn’t too entertaining, but it did touch on a major subject affecting May households in America!!!

• May 13, 2018

This movie is very emotional. I give it the top ranking, because the acting in the movie is real and raw. It's a hard, sad story line. But the emotion, strength, character, and what seems like transparency in Hill Harper makes the movie.

• Feb 21, 2018

It was an okay movie, but there are at least 4 scenes where the actors have snot and mucus running out of their noses that really distracts from the moment...All I could picture was the director saying "Yeah, let it drip--it helps make the scene super-realistic!" When in reality--it just made me nauseous and totally ruined the scenes....

• Dec 13, 2016

This is such a solid movie, I can't believe nothing really came of it beyond the festival circuit from a couple years ago.

• Mar 09, 2016

Between a 6/10 and 7/10, suitably low-key but sometimes under-realized, this drama is fueled by its working-class milieu and a heart-wrenching performance by Hill Harper.