1 Mile to You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

1 Mile to You Reviews

November 5, 2017
The clearly did zero research on the subject of middle distance running. The protagonist spend the entire movie running and even walking around his school in spikes. Even when the coach is supposed to be giving him better shoes they end up giving him sprint spikes.
October 30, 2017
What a pleasant surprise this movie is. It's odd that the one critic found it confusing as it's about a fellow trying his best to cope with the death of his girlfriend and the steps he'd take to meet her and the confusion he feels in meeting someone else. Did she feel that he should understand his grief and move on with his life right away? People just feel grief in different ways.

It's also a show about decency as even the antagonists are decent. It's well written enough that not only do we feel his pain but we see the confusion and disappointment of the female lead who is trying to understand the lead character.

I've been telling my girlfriend to have her son watch this movie as it's so moving and passionate and I'm sure, as a grade 11 student, he's experiencing the same feelings.
October 23, 2017
Much better movie than I was expecting.
October 12, 2017
Beautiful story especially loosing someone so close to me. Love, love , love!
½ July 27, 2017
I probably shouldn't have like this movie as much as I did. The plot was implausible, the female characters, the rival runner, and the black friend are all fairly stock and flat, and much of the camera work is shoddy. Graham Rogers and Billy Crudup give fine performances though. The big workout scene at the end is straight ripped off from "Once a Runner," which most runners who notice this will consider more irritating than an homage. The successful stoner runner character is one I've been waiting to see for years though, and for that reason I give this movie strong praise for capturing a hitherto unknown demo. Worth watching for any former high school (esp. male) runner, who was also handsome, moody, long-haired, and idolized Billy Crudup for his portrayal of Pre.
July 25, 2017
Great Movie I highly recommend !!
July 20, 2017
Best movie I have ever seen. Those movie critics don't know what there talking about. Amazing story line amazing acting amazing music amazing videoing just overall amazing.
July 15, 2017
What makes Kevin run? It's his high school romance. Not a bad film for "All the Right Moves," makeover, but using track as a motivating factor.
July 7, 2017
The storyline tells you it's a sad movie... but it's more. Much more. The movie is about running, about grief, about staying sane when life doesn't seem fair, and about happy memories of youth. We all handle life in different ways, and seeing Kevin deal with painful memories and conquer them makes this an uplifting movie.

The music is great, sort of modern folk music, it really sets the pace of the movie to speed things up, or settle things down at the right times. It's so refreshing when a movie uses the right music to set the mood

It's a family movie you'd feel comfortable watching beside your mother ( I did!) or young child.
June 2, 2017
I hope people will find out about how wonderful this movie is. It teaches how to deal with loss, inspiration, dedication, love, and so much more. I have taught high school students for many years, and I feel they would love this movie for many reasons....and of course if you are any sort of running fan, this movie will be for you!
May 31, 2017
I just watched 1 Mile to You and found the film to be incredibly moving. It's an emotional film that deals with grief and the performances are fantastic - specifically Billy Crudup, Graham Rogers and Liana Liberato. It's beautifully shot and well written. I highly recommend it.
April 12, 2017
If you like sports movies and romantic dramas, you'll love it. It's an emotionally honest young-adult story of grief and how we deal (or don't deal) with it. Great date movie or a conversation-starter to watch with your teenage kids.
April 9, 2017
Loved it ! and I think most would feel the same
April 9, 2017
Beautiful. From the heart and for the heart. not for the jaded.