2016: Obama's America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2016: Obama's America Reviews

½ August 7, 2016
Did the movie critics see the same film that I just saw? This film is powerful. Here we are in 2016 with the results D'Souxa and Sullivan were warning us about. I regret voting for the leader that I actually believed in.
July 31, 2016
Fantastic, factually correct , and from the eyes of an immigrant who took advantage of what this country had to offer
July 24, 2016
Watched it in 2016, and D'souza hit the nail on the head
July 24, 2016
More Truth, and look it all came true...
½ July 22, 2016
His voice over is horrible, Most documentaries are not so 1 sided.
½ July 16, 2016
A horribly made documentary that tried to predict future but failed miserably.
July 15, 2016
This gave me a different perspective on understanding Obama. Currently, I am getting the inkling he is more into pushing his social agenda and it seems he is reliving his community organizer days as his term since he pushed for transgender rights and Black Lives Matters. I went from wanting him for President to shaking my head in why the heck did vote him seeing the crazy stuff that comes out of Obama's mouth. He definitely was an ineffective President and was voted in because he was Black.
July 9, 2016
Again, critics wrong.
July 7, 2016
of course odumer will uses his liberalfucktards media to downgrade the movie which shows his intent to destroy America
April 17, 2016
Turns out that this film is a sort of psycho analytic film, something I feel surprised most people in the theatre. Of course it doesn't interview the President directly but uses mainly the history of the president and what he wrote in his book "Dreams of My Father" to figure out what is the President's view. Now the movie doesn't harp on obtuse propaganda ground such as Obama hates Privileged white people or that he is the leader of a socialist revolution (though the movie concedes that ultimately many of his inspirations of his people tended to admire revolutionaries) but whose expectations does Obama seek to meet. Ultimately the film's catalyst is the president's father. And we learn through a perspective about this absentee father and how maybe he became a sort of ever prevalent ideal man in the mind of the president. What this movie ends up claiming is that as an abandoned Child, the president was fed an idealized figure of his father and that Barack Obama Junior is constantly seeking the approval of his father; who happened to be an anti-colonial rule, anti super powers, 3rd world proletarian sympathizer, who believed in the power of the state and how it could always benefit the people. Now if you happen to be like me and believes (and sympathizes) with influential childhood episodes that later shape a man and just so happens to be semi-political you will find this movie to be entertaining regardless if you buy into its claims. The movie acts as a short summary of two Books analyzing the president "Obama on the couch" and "The Roots of Obama Rage". Not saying to go and pay to see this in theatre or that it will change your voting habits but on the level if you should ever watch it home it is a decent 90 min psychology flick of the president
½ March 11, 2016
unsubstantiated garbage
February 20, 2016
The critics should go back and watch this film again - D'Souza was, unfortunately, exactly right.
January 15, 2016
Excellent documentary exploring the truths about President Obama's history that shape his actions and Americas future. This story needs to be told and one that all other "journalists" have had no interest in telling. Dinesh is a true champion of the American people.
½ January 14, 2016
conspiracy theory nonsense that did not come true. he helped the economy, not hurt it. he repaired what bush tried to destroy. this entire film is ludicrous.
½ December 28, 2015
I regret to admit that I put a dollar in D'Souza's pockets by watching this execrable load of garbage when it came out in theaters. Obama-haters love it, obviously, but the vast empty vacuum of space that separate the facts from D'Souza's conclusions leaves room for several Star Wars epics.
December 11, 2015
ought to be mandatory on all college campuses
September 5, 2015
Everything I suspected about this man and this movie ties it all together and makes sense out of it.
½ July 26, 2015
Dishonest Propaganda
½ July 20, 2015
TRUTH ON THE SCREEN! WANT TO KNOW WHAT MAKES HIM TICK! THIS IS FOR YOU!
February 10, 2015
Stupid, lies, clueless... I'm surprised they didn't say he was an alien too