2016: Obama's America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2016: Obama's America Reviews

½ August 22, 2017
Pure garbage by that hack Dinesh D'Souza. Nothing but pure extreme right hateful propaganda.
June 10, 2017
I thought the documentary took a long time in the beginning to address the prompt of the title. I also thought that it didn't get into enough detail nor make in depth arguments that could withstand arguments. The points it brings up about history are very insightful. The history lesson in the movie gives details that change some perspective on what I was taught in school. I appreciated the film for the facts it shared, but found it weak in supporting its many opinions and conclusions...even those I agree with.
March 11, 2017
D'Souza's demented anti-Obama crusade in this "documentary" feels more personal. It's less of D'Souza trying to make a legitimate political point or argument, and more of him trying to execute some ham-handed hatchet job of the president. All assertions and paranoia, with little to no facts. If you're a far right wing nutjob who hates Obama, then this will be preaching to your deplorable choir. If not, then this will be a waste of your time because it's not convincing enough to convert sane people.
½ January 23, 2017
After sucking down OxyContin with Rush Limbaugh, DeSouza tries to wrestle the President Obama's work as president. The result is an alternative fact book of ramblings that appear as coherent as a prescription opiate addict could be expected to make. Boring, ill researched and discussed, this film is best watched while downing mug after mug of Robert Tilton Holy Water mixed with cheap Mescal.
December 28, 2016
I think that one lesson that we can learn from the 2016 election is that we need to listen to other points of view. Some of which are brought up in this documentary are pretty far fetched to be honest, while others are not as out there. It was an interesting watch, but I felt that some of the way that the arguments were presented really hurt some of the arguments.
September 9, 2016
Oh my god. Very illuminating! And I clearly understand why the critics went against it. This is greatness.
½ August 26, 2016
All around a horrible horrible "documentary". The only upside, is that in ten years, this will be on the same level as propaganda films from the 1950's.
½ August 7, 2016
Did the movie critics see the same film that I just saw? This film is powerful. Here we are in 2016 with the results D'Souxa and Sullivan were warning us about. I regret voting for the leader that I actually believed in.
July 31, 2016
Fantastic, factually correct , and from the eyes of an immigrant who took advantage of what this country had to offer
July 24, 2016
Watched it in 2016, and D'souza hit the nail on the head
July 24, 2016
More Truth, and look it all came true...
½ July 22, 2016
His voice over is horrible, Most documentaries are not so 1 sided.
½ July 16, 2016
A horribly made documentary that tried to predict future but failed miserably.
July 15, 2016
This gave me a different perspective on understanding Obama. Currently, I am getting the inkling he is more into pushing his social agenda and it seems he is reliving his community organizer days as his term since he pushed for transgender rights and Black Lives Matters. I went from wanting him for President to shaking my head in why the heck did vote him seeing the crazy stuff that comes out of Obama's mouth. He definitely was an ineffective President and was voted in because he was Black.
July 9, 2016
Again, critics wrong.
July 7, 2016
of course odumer will uses his liberalfucktards media to downgrade the movie which shows his intent to destroy America
April 17, 2016
Turns out that this film is a sort of psycho analytic film, something I feel surprised most people in the theatre. Of course it doesn't interview the President directly but uses mainly the history of the president and what he wrote in his book "Dreams of My Father" to figure out what is the President's view. Now the movie doesn't harp on obtuse propaganda ground such as Obama hates Privileged white people or that he is the leader of a socialist revolution (though the movie concedes that ultimately many of his inspirations of his people tended to admire revolutionaries) but whose expectations does Obama seek to meet. Ultimately the film's catalyst is the president's father. And we learn through a perspective about this absentee father and how maybe he became a sort of ever prevalent ideal man in the mind of the president. What this movie ends up claiming is that as an abandoned Child, the president was fed an idealized figure of his father and that Barack Obama Junior is constantly seeking the approval of his father; who happened to be an anti-colonial rule, anti super powers, 3rd world proletarian sympathizer, who believed in the power of the state and how it could always benefit the people. Now if you happen to be like me and believes (and sympathizes) with influential childhood episodes that later shape a man and just so happens to be semi-political you will find this movie to be entertaining regardless if you buy into its claims. The movie acts as a short summary of two Books analyzing the president "Obama on the couch" and "The Roots of Obama Rage". Not saying to go and pay to see this in theatre or that it will change your voting habits but on the level if you should ever watch it home it is a decent 90 min psychology flick of the president
½ March 11, 2016
unsubstantiated garbage
February 20, 2016
The critics should go back and watch this film again - D'Souza was, unfortunately, exactly right.
January 15, 2016
Excellent documentary exploring the truths about President Obama's history that shape his actions and Americas future. This story needs to be told and one that all other "journalists" have had no interest in telling. Dinesh is a true champion of the American people.