21 Jump Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

21 Jump Street Reviews

December 10, 2017
A well-crafted, laugh-out-loud satire. Plus, who knew Channing Tatum could be so funny?
November 25, 2017
It wasn't a masterpiece but it was Superbad-level of entertaining. In terms of script, the jokes aren't especially funny or clever, but the execution takes them to another level. The chemistry between the lead actors and the direction are highly effective, and I certainly had a very good time watching it.
November 22, 2017
Proving that Channing Tatum could handle a comedy film, and that Jonah Hill could be less annoying in one than he was in Superbad, 21 Jump Street unites the 2 actors for a fast-paced, joke-heavy satire on the cop and teen movie genres. The pair have great chemistry, likely a result of being close friends in real life, and help to elevate what could easily have been a serious of cheap, throwaway gags. Unfortunately, while its humour usually hits the right notes, and is borne of wit and excellent timing, much of the time it goes for cheap gags and repetitive crudity, and it's never sure whether to subvert the clichés of the genre or embrace them, making a mockery of some and yet relying heavily on others. So you'll have 2 damaged vehicles which would, in similar films, explode for seemingly no reason. That's funny. But then you have groanworthy tropes such as the 3rd act separation and the angry boss who fires the heroes, only to take them back after they crack the case. But despite having its cake and eating it, I'd still highly recommend it, since it made me laugh harder and more often than I expected, and I felt very glad to have seen it. Not for those of delicate sensibilities, but a must-see for fans of the 2 leads, and those who like their comedies fast and funny.
November 7, 2017
Pretty good - but it was just kind of predictable.. also, Channing Tatum was super annoying and corny. I loved Jonah Hill though - he was hilarious!
October 26, 2017
Rumbustious, hilarious, effervescent are the words to articulate my thoughts about this jolly good, light-hearted flick. It's one of those movies which I believed wouldn't be passable until I watched it and turned out to be phenomenal subsequently making an indelible mark on my outlook. I was also very intrigued by the apocryphal fact that more than forty screenplays have already been written for the 'Jump Street' franchise. The story revolves around two inept police officers who are sent back to a high school in order to unobtrusively blend in to ensnare and bring down a narcotic ring. Wondrous and side-splitting performances of Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill make the movie irrefutably transfixing. Also, a beauteous performance rendered by Brie Larson. Needless to say, 21 Jump Street is one of the best comedies ever made. Albeit, it does have some indifferent moments; although the identity of the villain was unknown till the end, the fact that there was a spoiler is inevitable. I'm looking forward to watching the sequel which I believe will transcend the prequel.
September 13, 2017
Sorry, was I supposed to laugh? This is yet another film (starring the unfunny Jonah Hill, no less) that just assumes and expects you to find one lame gag, scene, line, character, plot event/turn funny because it's silly, ridiculous and just thinks itself funny, when it isn't. And having Ice Cube doesn't help either, as literally anyone else could've played that role instead, and infinitely better no doubt. Why is that talentless 'musician' come actor even here? Presumably only to make the other lame actors/actresses appear better. Besides the mildy odd funny gag/scene, there's very little to recommend this film. It speaks volumes when the best part of the film is literally seeing an unexpected brief cameo by the usual charismatic Johnny Deep, who steals the show for a couple of brief minutes from the rest of the insipid, uninspired and can't act for toffee cast. If you want a good buddy cop action movie, watch 'Hot Fuzz', not this tripe. 1/5*
August 14, 2017
This movie gets funnier to me every time that I see it! It is one of the best buddy cop movies of the last decade. If you have not seen it yet, you should really give it a shot because it is hilarious!
August 6, 2017
An actual comedy in a time where American comedies are mostly shit, 21 Jump Street is proof that American comedy can be really funny if done right.
August 5, 2017
21 Jump Street is a fantastic comedy. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are histarical and have amazing chemistry together. Ice Cube, Brie Larson, and Dave Franco are all also really funny side characters. 21 Jump Street is so self aware and doesn't take itself seriously. It is a great satire. Way better than your average run in the mill comedy. Lord and Miller did a great job directing 21 Jump Street and can't wait to see their next movie.
August 1, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal funny hilarious movie starring channing Tatum and Jonah hill. I love this movie, I know that I said this today about popstar but I think know that this movie is the funniest movie ever, I would watch this again and again and the sequel that I saw before the first because I wanted more detail and it paid off. Love this movie.
July 30, 2017
So that's what Prom is like.
July 19, 2017
The second one is better
½ July 16, 2017
It's an ok movie after 5 beers.
½ July 14, 2017
better than 22 jump street
½ July 10, 2017
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have great chemistry in this funny adaptation that is only an adaptation by name.
July 5, 2017
When it was originally announced ,I thought this was just going to be a phoned in attempt to cash in on some 80's nostalgia. Though it was a cash grab, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill provided plenty of laughs in this raunchy comedy. It's a great blend of nostalgia, action and comedy, with a great cameo from Johnny Depp. Better than expected.
½ June 28, 2017
Hilarious but a bit draggy in the middle.
½ June 27, 2017
Very funny movie, very enjoyable.
June 26, 2017
All in all, 21 Jump Street is a totally hysterical buddy-com, brilliantly starred by Hill and Tatum, that some people would enjoy.
June 24, 2017
Now I didn't watch the Johnny Depp show that it was based on, but from what I understand, this movie is pretty different (despite an awesome, epic, cameo from Depp himself in the climax). This is a entertaining, fun, and funny movie overall, the reason I give it 4 stars instead of 3 1/2 is that its a smart satire altogether of action movies, raunchy comedies, 80's nostalgia, and teens movies all together.