21 Jump Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

21 Jump Street Reviews

September 13, 2017
Sorry, was I supposed to laugh? This is yet another film (starring the unfunny Jonah Hill, no less) that just assumes and expects you to find one lame gag, scene, line, character, plot event/turn funny because it's silly, ridiculous and just thinks itself funny, when it isn't. And having Ice Cube doesn't help either, as literally anyone else could've played that role instead, and infinitely better no doubt. Why is that talentless 'musician' come actor even here? Presumably only to make the other lame actors/actresses appear better. Besides the mildy odd funny gag/scene, there's very little to recommend this film. It speaks volumes when the best part of the film is literally seeing an unexpected brief cameo by the usual charismatic Johnny Deep, who steals the show for a couple of brief minutes from the rest of the insipid, uninspired and can't act for toffee cast. If you want a good buddy cop action movie, watch 'Hot Fuzz', not this tripe. 1/5*
August 14, 2017
This movie gets funnier to me every time that I see it! It is one of the best buddy cop movies of the last decade. If you have not seen it yet, you should really give it a shot because it is hilarious!
August 6, 2017
An actual comedy in a time where American comedies are mostly shit, 21 Jump Street is proof that American comedy can be really funny if done right.
August 5, 2017
21 Jump Street is a fantastic comedy. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are histarical and have amazing chemistry together. Ice Cube, Brie Larson, and Dave Franco are all also really funny side characters. 21 Jump Street is so self aware and doesn't take itself seriously. It is a great satire. Way better than your average run in the mill comedy. Lord and Miller did a great job directing 21 Jump Street and can't wait to see their next movie.
August 1, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal funny hilarious movie starring channing Tatum and Jonah hill. I love this movie, I know that I said this today about popstar but I think know that this movie is the funniest movie ever, I would watch this again and again and the sequel that I saw before the first because I wanted more detail and it paid off. Love this movie.
July 30, 2017
So that's what Prom is like.
July 19, 2017
The second one is better
½ July 16, 2017
It's an ok movie after 5 beers.
½ July 14, 2017
better than 22 jump street
½ July 10, 2017
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have great chemistry in this funny adaptation that is only an adaptation by name.
July 5, 2017
When it was originally announced ,I thought this was just going to be a phoned in attempt to cash in on some 80's nostalgia. Though it was a cash grab, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill provided plenty of laughs in this raunchy comedy. It's a great blend of nostalgia, action and comedy, with a great cameo from Johnny Depp. Better than expected.
½ June 28, 2017
Hilarious but a bit draggy in the middle.
½ June 27, 2017
Very funny movie, very enjoyable.
June 26, 2017
All in all, 21 Jump Street is a totally hysterical buddy-com, brilliantly starred by Hill and Tatum, that some people would enjoy.
June 24, 2017
Now I didn't watch the Johnny Depp show that it was based on, but from what I understand, this movie is pretty different (despite an awesome, epic, cameo from Depp himself in the climax). This is a entertaining, fun, and funny movie overall, the reason I give it 4 stars instead of 3 1/2 is that its a smart satire altogether of action movies, raunchy comedies, 80's nostalgia, and teens movies all together.
½ June 11, 2017
21 Jump Street is one of the funniest comedies made in recent years and features a hilariously crafted story and characters whose chemistry you actually believe.
May 31, 2017
21 jump street is awesome, it's so good and wildly entertaining and funny.
½ May 12, 2017
Gets points for making me laugh, but the plot is unfocused and not very compelling, so the jokes don't really have anything to hang themselves on. Most of the time it feels like a bunch of sketches stitched together into a movie, particularly in the messy first act. The action feels really forced, too; I was wondering before watching how they were gonna make modern action scenes not seem out of place in a high school setting and the answer is they weren't even gonna try. The fight at the party; the baffling (on so many levels) car chase that seems to be entirely an excuse to make a lame joke about movie explosions; the climactic shoot-out: all terrible. It also has that feeling of being heavily cut down (the characters of Kemper and the two Johnsons give the impression of being much larger on the page than in the cutting room) while also being too long and outstaying its welcome in the last act. It is funny at times (loved the interactions between Tatum and the nerds), but it's so messy and poorly paced that I found myself annoyed with it more often than not.
May 12, 2017
Funny and action packed!
½ May 11, 2017
hilarious, fun, action. good story. constantly entertaining. different from other comedies, more advanced humor, taking it to the next level, and making fun of itself. not just a comedy, a good overall movie (4 viewings)