21 Jump Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

21 Jump Street Reviews

July 19, 2017
The second one is better
½ July 16, 2017
It's an ok movie after 5 beers.
½ July 14, 2017
better than 22 jump street
½ July 10, 2017
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have great chemistry in this funny adaptation that is only an adaptation by name.
July 5, 2017
When it was originally announced ,I thought this was just going to be a phoned in attempt to cash in on some 80's nostalgia. Though it was a cash grab, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill provided plenty of laughs in this raunchy comedy. It's a great blend of nostalgia, action and comedy, with a great cameo from Johnny Depp. Better than expected.
½ June 28, 2017
Hilarious but a bit draggy in the middle.
½ June 27, 2017
Very funny movie, very enjoyable.
June 26, 2017
All in all, 21 Jump Street is a totally hysterical buddy-com, brilliantly starred by Hill and Tatum, that some people would enjoy.
June 24, 2017
Now I didn't watch the Johnny Depp show that it was based on, but from what I understand, this movie is pretty different (despite an awesome, epic, cameo from Depp himself in the climax). This is a entertaining, fun, and funny movie overall, the reason I give it 4 stars instead of 3 1/2 is that its a smart satire altogether of action movies, raunchy comedies, 80's nostalgia, and teens movies all together.
½ June 11, 2017
21 Jump Street is one of the funniest comedies made in recent years and features a hilariously crafted story and characters whose chemistry you actually believe.
May 31, 2017
21 jump street is awesome, it's so good and wildly entertaining and funny.
½ May 12, 2017
Gets points for making me laugh, but the plot is unfocused and not very compelling, so the jokes don't really have anything to hang themselves on. Most of the time it feels like a bunch of sketches stitched together into a movie, particularly in the messy first act. The action feels really forced, too; I was wondering before watching how they were gonna make modern action scenes not seem out of place in a high school setting and the answer is they weren't even gonna try. The fight at the party; the baffling (on so many levels) car chase that seems to be entirely an excuse to make a lame joke about movie explosions; the climactic shoot-out: all terrible. It also has that feeling of being heavily cut down (the characters of Kemper and the two Johnsons give the impression of being much larger on the page than in the cutting room) while also being too long and outstaying its welcome in the last act. It is funny at times (loved the interactions between Tatum and the nerds), but it's so messy and poorly paced that I found myself annoyed with it more often than not.
May 12, 2017
Funny and action packed!
½ May 11, 2017
hilarious, fun, action. good story. constantly entertaining. different from other comedies, more advanced humor, taking it to the next level, and making fun of itself. not just a comedy, a good overall movie (4 viewings)
May 7, 2017
I really don't admire movies that go the cheap route of using raunchy humor. Fortunately, the dumber humor is balanced out with smarter humor - Nick Offerman's bit role describing the revival of the undercover cop program was nothing short of brilliant. Despite its low-brow humor, I couldn't help but find this movie hysterical.
½ May 7, 2017
21 Jump Street offers rowdy mainstream comedy with a surprisingly satisfying journey
April 23, 2017
Better than it has any right to be. An action/ comedy powerhouse.
½ April 16, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: No film in the entire world makes me feel as good and down-right happy as '21 Jump Street' does, and for that it truly earns a spot right up there with my favourite movies of all time. Seriously, the comedy here is absolutely golden - a blend of genuine off-the-wall madness, smart satire and situational laughs that bring non-stop laughter from start to finish. The key thing with any comedy though is that underneath all of those things there's a well-laid foundation of things to relieve, and this film has that in sheer abundance. Seriously the brilliant relationship between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill is not only one of the best comedic duos of all time - it also packs some serious emotional resonance and a grounding in themes that anyone can relate to. The result is a film that packs more emotional weight and heart than many dramas, and charms you whilst slapping you round the face with its perfect comedic timing. I just love this thing, I really do.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The third act does play itself a little seriously...
VERDICT: '21 Jump Street' is a truly hilarious comedy that's only so great because the charm that lies underneath it. In the end it's unashamedly one of my favourites of all time, and the go-to feel-good movie that I would recommend for anyone.
½ April 4, 2017
Very funny and great plot!!!
April 1, 2017
spoof change on a tv concept.