21 Jump Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

21 Jump Street Reviews

January 13, 2017
just rubbish. i have no idea how this can get 85%.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 7.9/10 - 3.8/5
January 8, 2017
The ultimate comedy action buddy cop riot that I was hoping for when I first saw the trailer!
½ January 1, 2017
One the funniest movies released in 2012, "21 Jump Street" delivers big time with comedy that will have you laughing and quoting the film for years to come. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum may not be the best cop-duo in cinematic history, but both are charmingly funny and entertaining in this '80s reboot that also contains a compelling story arc.
½ December 29, 2016
Pretty darn good. The characters and story are quite entertaining and engaging, the performances solid, and with some laughs into the mix that's more than enough to justify watching.
½ December 10, 2016
Grade: A. While this movie fails to explain and carryout the main plot in an effective way, the hilarity and laugh out loud moments completely overshadow the flaw's of the film.
September 19, 2016
Compared to what is normally seen on this kind of comedies, 21 Jump Street has a definetely higher percentage of good moments, although still having its flaws.
The chemistry between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is also really good.
September 15, 2016
Hilarious. A great action comedy
September 5, 2016
Surprisingly pretty funny B film
½ September 3, 2016
SO good. Based on the hit show from the 80's, this is about a pair of undercover cops (Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill) who pose as high school students so as to bust an undercover drug ring. All they have to do is infiltrate the dealers and find the supplier, so it should be pretty simple, right? I'm just going to come out and say it: this is my favorite comedy movie series of all time. Plenty of comedies are great for one-offs, but when they return to try and recapture the original magic, there is always stumbling and faltering. There is Ghostbusters, there is Men in Black, and for brevity's sake, there is simply too many to list in this review. This series is the exception to the rule. These movies are hilarious and so expertly put together, I just have an absolute blast watching them, even upon multiple viewings. This is from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who are quite frankly a comedy force to be reckoned with. They have made my favorite animated movie of all time in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, these two Jump Street gems, and the wonderful Lego Movie. I will follow them for whatever project they are attached to, their work really is that outstanding. The way this is laid out is ingenious, and who better than Ron Swanson himself as the police chief to look straight into the camera and tell you that Hollywood is out of original ideas, but we are still going for it, all the while still having it make sense within the context of the film. The film is smart like that, and if you were just expecting this to be a standard comedy, you will be floored. I like how the roles get reversed and how the cool kid in high school is now the outcast and I love how this film also addresses that Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum look like grown-ass men playing high schoolers, another trope that has run rampant in the movie industry for decades now. I can pop this or its sequel in at any point and have a great time every time I watch this. It is jam packed with jokes in typical Lord/Miller fashion, and it moves so fast, it is over before you know it. The writing is stellar, and there are nuances to the jokes that you can't fully appreciate until you take the time to have multiple viewings. The flow is fantastic, and any improvised bit works with tremendous chemistry. I can't recommend this movie enough, it's brilliant.
September 3, 2016
This movie is one if my favourite comedy movies. Jonah Hill & Channing Tatum felt like the role they were playing. I can imagine that they are pretty much like that in-real-life not dumb but really funny. I think the movie is over all is really funny and i'd recomend it if you are bored and sad.
½ August 27, 2016
Pairing Channing and Josh together was brilliant which is the only reason why I saw this movie. The whodunit is highly predictable but they're so funny together! I'd die if I was sent back to high school but I thoroughly enjoyed that it was a 180 degree difference the 2nd time
½ August 22, 2016
Hysterical and smart in every way possible.

Two completely different personalities meet up in police academy years after being on the opposite spectrum in high school. When they're assigned to the jump street division, they're sent to infiltrate a high school and crack down on a new drug that's making its reign around the school. They soon realize they might be a little in over their heads and their friendship will be put to the ultimate test.

Now I've always been skeptical about the comedies I watch, as I feel it's one of the easiest and most abused genres out there. It's easy to put out a "comedy" with no narrative and stupid jokes, and rarely these days do we see comedies with quality stories and more mature humor. Comedy and horror are some of the two most difficult genres to master (in my opinion), while also being the easiest to formulate. With that being said, I don't know if any movie has ever made me laugh harder than "21 Jump Street" has in my entire life.

This movie is laugh out loud hysterical. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are a power duo and they have some amazing on-screen chemistry. Both of these guys shine in the comedic spotlight and they're able to build well off of each other. The movie did have your typical "dick jokes" and toilet humor, but it was done in a more unique and appreciable way. The humor in this movie was a lot more smart than most movies try to do, yet the energy and chemistry the actors brought to the screen brought this film to life. I guarantee that you will find something funny in this movie, if not die of laughter. I can say that about very few movies.

What I really like and appreciate about this film is the fact that there is a story to tell and there is effort put into the screenplay. Yes, you can watch this movie mindlessly and have fun with it, but if you want to dig deeper into the surface you can. There is a story about these two individuals who are so different but end up becoming close friends. Them having to go back to high school and seeing their roles switch affected them in many ways. High school is one of the toughest times for teens and it shows just how much they struggled with it. I love the story and the screenplay here because it feels like something I can watch over and over again.

Although this doesn't really apply to me (being I never watched the old TV shows), I've done some research and found out that there are some nice nostalgic moments in this film for those who enjoyed the TV shows. If you loved the old shows, there are a few moments that are done really well in here that will bring a tear of reminiscence to your eye.

In all, "21 Jump Street" is absolutely hilarious. It's a fantastic all around film and one that I profoundly enjoy.
½ August 19, 2016
not knowing what to expect.. i found it delightfully fantastic. tatum surprises yet again. he and hill have impeccable timing together.
August 10, 2016
Hilarious. One of the best parts about this movie is it showed that Channing Tatum isn't just another Hollywood d-bag. The combination and dynamic of the two stars really made this film memorable and the humor will have anyone laughing.
August 6, 2016
funny. watched it on tv.
August 4, 2016
Hilarious from beginning to end, 21 Jump Street is cleverly written, perfectly directed by Chris Miller and Phil Lord, and features Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in two of their funniest roles ever.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
A brilliant and really funny film, Jonah and Tatum do an amazing job, Laughs almost all the way through, Pace dropped in the middle a tiny bit but soon picked back up, One of the best comedies of the year.
½ July 29, 2016
Not even remotely funny.
½ July 25, 2016
Trash!
Not Even Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill Can save this movie, This would have been a lot better if there were no dicks and no instant silliness.

Score: 2/10