21 Jump Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

21 Jump Street Reviews

June 22, 2016
Compared to what is normally seen on this kind of comedies, 21 Jump Street has a definetely higher percentage of good moments, although still having its flaws.
The chemistry between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is also really good.
June 22, 2016
Great actors and great story great movie I laughed so hard at this movie
June 18, 2016
Great spin on the concept. Great action. Great jokes. Great cast. Great chemistry between Hill and Tatum. Great fun.
½ June 15, 2016
An ok movie. It had its funny moments.
June 15, 2016
Every year comedies are released that attempt to be clever or to do something different but they often turn out clichéd and doesn't produce laughs. However 21 Jump Street is intelligent, very Meta and genuinely funny throughout. A reboot of a 80s TV show, it is as much a satire of Hollywood's trend to reboot for money as it is a comedy about school life.

The story follows Schmidt and Jenko, two young looking cops, as they are sent undercover into a high school to bust a dangerous drug operation. This set up provides plenty of opportunity for school related comedy, police action and buddy cop action-comedy. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum work well in the lead roles and their chemistry is what makes the film so humorous, in lesser hands some of the jokes just would not have worked. Their take on high school and what it means to be popular is actually quite interesting as well as being amusing. The film's strength is that it knows exactly what it is and instead of falling into genre clichés it makes fun of them. This self-awareness is right at the heart of the film creating strong comic material which, when handled by the talented cast, really works.

21 Jump Street is simply very funny but it has interesting ideas that make it really stand out. It is a blueprint of how to make an unnecessary unwanted reboot. In modern cinema, this is very refreshing.
½ June 14, 2016
Super fucking funny worth every penny
June 9, 2016
Didn't have high expectations for the plot since it is a comedy. From comedy pov, I give this 4/5 - this movie sure made me laugh and the plot is decent enough. It's weird to see Channing Tatum in comedy but it's fine with me :)
½ June 9, 2016
Remake of sorts of the hit television series about two unlikely partners who team up to go undercover at a local high school where a deadly drug has hit campus.
½ June 6, 2016
The film on its own gives us a some good laughs, and so long as you dont even think about comparing it to the original series it does well enough. The problem comes when, indeed you begin to compare it to the far superior Jump Street Tv series. in which case the appreciation for this film takes a steep dive and is like comparing the Mona Lisa to elephant turd on a pedestal.
The original series was a complex drama that did not shy from presenting a serious debate on society, whereas this movie is just here for dumb laughs. I seriously question the producers decision to title this film after the series when just about any other name would have done well enough, specially considering the celebrity power it already has, unfortunately this feels like it has tarnished the reputation of a classic series while creating something that will ultimately just be a good watch, whenever there is nothing better.
½ May 30, 2016
21 Jumpstreet is a solid comedy that hits almost all the right notes. It is fast paced and well written with great performances from it's male leads (Who knew Channing Tatum had great comic timing?). What's best is this film has a coherent story that is interesting with characters you care about. I would definitely recommend 21 Jumpstreet to fans of comedy.
½ May 28, 2016
21 Jump Street is surprisingly hilarious, with hilarious comedy scenes, as well as action scenes and a great plot, make this movie a must watch for comedy fans.
½ May 22, 2016
Lame in all respects: Weak plot, cliched characters, poor acting.
½ May 19, 2016
Everything is exceptional in this. The writing, the directing, the performances, you could tell they had a budget to! But the laughs are where it excels because this is one of the funniest movies of all time!
May 18, 2016
A good-natured must-see for fans of broad, silly comedies with a little something under the surface too. While the film struggles at the start as Tatum and Hill share little chemistry, they improve minute by minute. 21 Jump Street is nothing like the original series but it still manages to do just enough to earn your laughs.
May 17, 2016
Ice Cube was hilarious!
½ May 8, 2016
Witty humor of Miller and Lord definitely delivers in this film. Absolutely hilarious performances by Hill and - the guy you never thought would be funny - Tatum. The raunch is just right and appropriate.
½ May 6, 2016
I'm late to the game here, but I thought this was pretty funny. If you are watching films with a bunch of buddies, this might be a good one to watch.
May 2, 2016
Yes, Nataly, you were right, I loved it, and I FINALLY get the appeal of Charming Potato.
½ April 27, 2016
not like the good old tv show, but good enough!
½ April 25, 2016
FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! It has it all a movie of all genres it had: Laughs, Drugs, Violence, and Sex.