2:22 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2:22 Reviews

July 29, 2013
Low budget crap fest. You probably won't watch the whole thing.
February 25, 2012
A boring straight to dvd thriller that just doesn't pull anything off SKIP IT!!!
½ September 5, 2011
Some parts of this movie were okay others weren't but overall an okay average crime thriller.
August 5, 2011
Una indie canadiense realista sobre un robo a un hotel fino, con algunos personajes interesantes. Sobre la mitad se deshace en tonterías forzadas, y todo se resuelve por un Gabriel Byrne al pedo que bien podría colgarse al cuello un cartel diciendo "deus ex machina". Ayyy.
July 22, 2011
The first half which consisted of a heist at a hotel, came off well, showing dark humour and to a degree tension, if film played at this location and had tone throughout, it be a lot better, but second half which takes place after events and darker crooks on tail, it misfires a bit for me, but throughout there are moments to savour.
June 29, 2011
Säg så här; Om man väljer att se en ny film där Val Kilmer är dragplåstret får man nog skylla sig själv...
½ June 12, 2011
Absolute rubbish. The plot synopsis sounds interesting, but in practice it is a shambles. Incoherent, random, meaningless.

Characters are not developed, or are very woodingly portrayed. Direction is all over the place.

Even the cinematography and production are poor - the whole movie had a yellow-green like colour to it which just looked cheap and amateurish, and made the movie even worse.

Acting is wooden. Don't be fooled by the appearance of Val Kilmer - his role was quite minor.

½ March 26, 2011
The best thing about this film is that it makes any other film look like a masterpiece. The music is absolutely unbearable. The editing sucks nearly as much as the worst photography I've seen in decades. I don't know about the acting because I couldn't overlook these three very important parts of film making. Val Kilmer who takes up most of the DVD cover has a tiny shitty role. It's a perfect rip-off. Don't even watch it for free on tv (no broadcaster would be stupid enough to risk loosing ratings).
½ March 23, 2011
sluggish thriller that is highlighted by Toronto scenery...looks low budget....gets interesting for a bit in the middle...but don't go out of your way
January 10, 2011
Just came on the pirate movie Chanel

Will give it a go -- but looks like it may be crappy. Though I love Val K.
½ December 18, 2010
neeeeear classsssssic
December 17, 2010
Not too bad a movie. I just don't understand why Gabriel Byrne didn't show up in the credits, being he played a major role in this one. This was the only website I could find that even mentions his name in the movie.
October 21, 2010
This is a great movie. I never review anything online but I feel this is a real hidden gem. I got this in Redbox for $0 with a promo code, and seeing no T-Meter reviews I didn't expect much, but was looking for something to watch while multitasking. I became fully engrossed. It has a very 70s/80s noir style without feeling dated or cheap, and just enough NYC style grit. Complaints about the acting are mostly unfounded. One or two of the characters had a bit much exposition that dragged a little but overall it fit the theme, like a guy sitting in his apartment watching TV - instead of just honing in on the action, these scenes add a sense of realism to the characters. The acting is genuine, low key, you really feel as if you're walking in the footsteps of these criminals as their crime unfolds and you experience the after effects with them in a way that feels completely real. Nobody (save maybe the guy with the dog) seemed like a caricature, but even his role unfolds in a believeable way. Just a real surprise, give it a look. If you don't dismiss the movie outright you'll really enjoy it.
October 12, 2010
The frigid backdrop of the big city was probably the best thing that this movie had going for it, since it was supposed to be a noir-style thriller. Not very good, expected much more from it, based on the previews. Very slow-moving and didn't like the ending. Robert Miano & Val Kilmer were good. Very messy and did not offer any characterization as well as leaving many questions as to why so many things were left so open-ended.
½ October 2, 2010
Very slow moving. Disappointed that Val Kilmer is in the picture for less than 2:22 minutes. Deceiving that he is on the cover to draw you in. Sorry but it is so not worth the $1 at the Redbox.
September 25, 2010
It was decent but they kinda failed in making me give a living shit about any of the characters because they were so shallow and nondescript. But if you make-believe that you care about them it's a good movie. Peter Dobson's character was the only one I liked and he was supposed to be the heel. And the ending was kind of cheezy because they tried to make the shot seem so epic for no reason. Other than that it was worth watching.
September 22, 2010
Couldn't watch to the end
September 9, 2010
Slow start, confusing plot, vague motivations. Maybe if the script had been polished a little more it would have been better but as it stands....forget it.
September 8, 2010
I liked it. Better than most crime dramas today.
August 31, 2010
It could have been a good movie, well the story. But there is just to many things that have gone wrong here;

Bad acting