23 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jim Carey did better then I expected
½ September 21, 2011
Very good german movie.
June 15, 2011
In the 1980's free thinking Karl Koch (August Diehl) is an idealistic and interested young man. He is an active fighter against nuclear power, which his financially situated father does not like at all. The minute his father dies, Karl starts to change his life. With the money he inherits he buys his first computer. And becomes one of the world's first Hacker. He is good at what he is doing: not only the German National Bank, also the Pentagon and the Ministry of Defence are no problem for him. But he does not break into the databases for fun. Karl is convinced that the Illuminati rule the world, since he read the books by Robert Shea. The number 23 is the most important sign for him, that the Illuminati have their hands in something. And he soon finds the 23 everywhere around him.

"America" becomes his own personal enemy. He is convinced that it is Adam Weishaupt, one of the founders of the Illuminati, on the Dollar-bill; not George Washington. And because America is so contaminated with the Illuminati, Karl does the obvious thing: he becomes a spy for the KGB, America's worst enemy. Drugs keep him awake while he works day and night against his enemies...and his own paranoia. And he does not notice that he is just used by the KGB.

"Nothing is true, everything is allowed."
June 11, 2011
One of my all time favourite films!!

Great film based on real events!

Hagbad Celine/Karl Koch :)
April 5, 2011
always love movies based on true stories!
November 8, 2010
groĆartiger Filme, den muss ich mal wieder gucken!
½ March 27, 2010
man,this is just too difficult to understand..

i only enjoy the first 30 minutes, the rest is just too confusing.

maybe i'm not smart enough to watch this kind of movie..
½ January 1, 2010
A great pseudo-documentary, conspiracy movie about one of the most famous oldskewl hackers, Karl Koch. Could also be seen as a historical piece. Worth checking out for anyone into those topics, but other people probably would not find it very interesting.
December 14, 2009
Nothing is as it seems.
September 24, 2009
classic hacker movie,
almost real story though
½ June 7, 2009
1986 is the time when I bought my first computer (an Atari ST). The movie felt a bit like a trip through time for me. Even my parents at that time wore clothes like in the movie. Excellent!
May 14, 2009
This really does not sound like a movie I need to watch.
May 11, 2009
Oh my... all along I thought I rated the movie 23 starring Jim Carrey. But I do not mind watching this 23 because based on the synopsis it sounds like an interesting film. I'm not familiar with any of the cast memebers but regardless of that it sounds liek an okay movie to watch:D
January 18, 2009
Watching this film was time well spent!
January 17, 2009
Nice movie to learn about some major events in the 80s, the Illuminati as well as the beginnings of German hacker culture. Additionally, you get to see some cool pictures of my hometown :)
December 19, 2008
this film caught my senses from the first minute on. highly recommended. and a good, realistic retrospection back into the 1980s.
December 8, 2008
no thanks not my thing
October 13, 2008
Based on true event. Hackers & worldwide conspiracy. Both the story & its narrative, however, were rather flat & uninteresting to me.