23 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

23 Reviews

September 24, 2008
Sixthyfor forthysix be m double u.
½ August 1, 2008
this movie is very interesting.
June 13, 2008
Not bad, this one, but not a truly good film either. not what I expected from the trailer, with it's noir-esque book scenes mixed with the real world bits that at times seemed a little too light hearted for the tone of the film. A bit of an odd one, but I'd probably watch it again. Don't think I'd own it though...
June 12, 2008
This is one of those movies if you miss one thing you miss everything.I love this movie but make sure you have the time to sit and the whole thing.
½ June 7, 2008
It was alright, wasn't predictable not too boring and like ok everything else.
June 5, 2008
cuenta la historia de unos hackers alemanes de la 80. basada en hechos reales.
interesante para cualquier publico, y mas si sos un nerd.
May 29, 2008
makes you think and a awsome ending.
May 15, 2008
A very well researched movie about the death of the German Hacker Karl Koch. The movie director studied documentary film but made a perfectly balanced mixture between a documentation and a feature film. Worth to see!
½ April 28, 2008
I like Hans-Christian Schmid's Lichter and like August Diehl's performance as well. However I'm not sure if I love this film 'cos I wrongly bought the DVD which has no any subtitles. I don't speak German and cannot understand 23 at all.
April 9, 2008
This is a great little film about some of the "bad guys" from Cliff Stoll's story "The Cuckoo's Egg" - a group of West German hackers selling digitized secrets to the communists in East Berlin. The fear, the paranoia, the "hacker" community it portrays...the lifestyle and history of these guys is painted in clear, vivid lines. It's such a shame that this has never been subtitled and released in the US (at least, to my knowledge).
½ March 29, 2008
awsome idea but the story was ok
March 29, 2008
Huh? Isnt 23 a lame movie with Jim Carry? I be confused?
March 26, 2008
our classroom is haunted by the number 23! and a ghost apparently named Charlie! lolz.
½ March 23, 2008
more or less ok....not too bad but not really good neither
March 6, 2008
i dont like this stuff....but it was interesting none the less
March 4, 2008
suprised to see jim carey in a non funny movie. good watch though. kept me interested. i cant say i would add it to my collection though as i wouldnt watch it again.not that it was boring but just not one that stood out.
March 1, 2008
the most interesting movie that i couldn't pay attention to the whole way through. that's my summary.

jim carry has the most hilarious reading voice. when you see it, i hope you laugh. i seriously hope that's what he hears in his head when he reads.

the movie is okay, with some good quotes about life in general toward the end. in all, rent it if you're bored.

oh! also, jim carrey's character has a random saxophone that shows up throughout the movie. he holds it like a best friend, but tries to be all dramatic and meaningful about it. kind of entertaining, if you find jim carrey trying to act serious funny.

p.s. i thought he was amazing in a dramatic role in eternal sunshine but in this one... it just doesn't work. like i said, worth renting though.
February 25, 2008
9.11.2001
9+11+2+1= hehe
spooky
½ February 18, 2008
august diehl spielt karl koch unheimlich gut. ich liebte diesen film, als ich dachte, dass die 23 tatsaechlich einen einfluss auf mein leben hat. heute weiss ich, dass dem nicht so ist und liebe ihn immer noch.
½ February 17, 2008
rimelig ok, men måske lidt for tam afslutning og kører lidt i ring