24 (Telegru) Reviews

• Apr 28, 2020

Intelligent sci-fi could cut cringey romance.

Intelligent sci-fi could cut cringey romance.

• Dec 10, 2019

Intelligent sci-fi could cut cringey romance

Intelligent sci-fi could cut cringey romance

• Apr 07, 2017

Good graphics and acting

Good graphics and acting

• Aug 04, 2016

The war of the brothers ended by one of theirs son. The time travel is not new to Indian cinema, but a very less explored concept. Especially technology easily available in todays world, the filmmakers utilising the opportunity at their best. With this kind of theme, Indian films can seek the global market, who is already the number one film producer in the world. But it needs to put a full stop for the traditional narration and characters and character developments. Like the father and son characters are played by the same actor which has not changed since the last 70 years or so. And the film length as well too long to sit for it. Other than these, I enjoyed this film. So the story begins in the 1990 where the twin brothers go for each others throat for a watch, in which the event finally ends in a total disaster. But not until 26 years later when it reaches for one of theirs son's hands, letting us know it is a time travel device. Then the fun parts, as well as the romance undertakes, until the final act where it becomes serious again and concludes with a twist. The sequel is for sure, they already named it 'Decoded' and I'm looking forward for its official launch. It was a well written script, but there are too many naturally occurring intense scenes like the bird scenes et cetera. Those were added just to cover up the loops. Since it's a sci-fi and time travel theme, the errors should be taken care or minimise them as much as possible and that's what the writer did. But still there a few silly stuffs like where the watch ends at the end, and adding years and months to the device without the scientific knowledge to make it work. But still I felt the director of 'Yaavarum Nalam' did a wonderful job. He spent nearly a decade for this script, the hard work finally paid off well. Surya produced it under his 2D entertainment banner and performed so well in the triple roles with the support of other excellent actors. Definitely a great watch for the Indians, for the International audience as well, but a familiar theme makes it a decent entertainer. 8/10

• Jun 29, 2016

Great idea, actors and plot which keeps you entertained, but nothing special to take with you at the end. The overall science/ history behind the watch was very disappointing to begin with, it's not a disney movie so it should be somewhat realistic. However the villain is the show stealer, watch it for him only! His return back in time is the only good thing by the end. The fact that everything that happened in the story doesn't exist is quite disappointing. The romance parts were useless and boring and comedy was disappointing.

• Jun 24, 2016

One of worst so called time travelling movie. May be for Tamil/Telugu audience its a good attempt but anyone who likes physics will hate the movie.

• Jun 12, 2016

Such a idiotic movie Not worth Watching

Such a idiotic movie Not worth Watching

• Jun 02, 2016

Best Time Travel movie ever made. Not even from Hollywood so far. Sorry Americans :P

• May 22, 2016

Bollywood romance family comedy dance numbers music video time travel steam punk with a hint of action. Also notable for the lead actor playing 3 roles (twin brothers and a son/nephew named Mani). The production values are very good. I definitely like the result and the steam punk time travel premise. As happens so often, there is too much for me to take it all in. I may have to let the results marinate before I know more decisively if this merits the 3.5 I am marking it with today.